Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Manufactured Crisis (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94650)

detbuch 01-10-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1159357)
Perhaps you try too hard.
I am typically proud of my children, sometimes they disappoint me or themselves and sometimes I am really proud of them. Does that make me ashamed of them?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I wasn't talking about being ashamed, nor about you and your children. I was talking about the sentence spoken by Michelle Obama which you cited. Are you trying too hard to claim that Ms. Obama was typically proud of her country, even though it held no hope nor desire for change until, for the first time, after Barack was elected, it finally did?

Pete F. 01-10-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1159365)
I wasn't talking about being ashamed, nor about you and your children. I was talking about the sentence spoken by Michelle Obama which you cited. Are you trying too hard to claim that Ms. Obama was typically proud of her country, even though it held no hope nor desire for change until, for the first time, after Barack was elected, it finally did?

I just can't turn her statement into ashamed, sounds like you can.

spence 01-10-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1159349)
This sounds like your slick con artistry at work. What do you mean by "can be met"? Are you referring to some verbal manipulation to circumvent protocol text? Either the standards are met by the asylum claimant or they are not. Why would any provisions be necessary if the asylum standards are already met?

They still have to meet the individual evidenced requirements obviously.

Quote:

If a government is "unwilling" to provide protection from gangs and rapes, then the government is complicit and responsible for the persecution. In that case, asylum is met under the rubric of political persecution. It has to be proven that the government is deliberately not protecting the claimant.

Should the citizens of the South side of Chicago, under UN protocols, be granted asylum into Switzerland because of the persistent threat of gang violence?
The citizens of Chicago are under the protection of the Chicago police and the FBI. Most all the gang violence is gang on gang. If the gangs are prosecuting non-gang members or threatening prosecution of non-gang members the police will intervene.

It's an absurd comparison.

wdmso 01-10-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1159342)
Don’t you remember the former First Lady who was ashamed of our country? Parallel universe.

is she an a member of The administration?

"For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country, because it feels like hope is making a comeback … not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change."

when did she say she was ashamed

sounds nothing like what you said she said ... not sure why I am not surprised ... it happens a lot around here... they hear one thing from one party and something else from the other .... even when they are spelled out in words .... they we tell us what they meant to say...
fake words are trending in GOP circles

Sea Dangles 01-10-2019 04:17 PM

If it was the first time in her adult life she was proud of our country, then I guess it’s up to you to know her emotions prior to her husband being elected. Would you care to share her intent or feelings regarding her country before that famous quote?

Sea Dangles 01-10-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1159368)
is she an a member of The administration?

.. even when they are spelled out in words .... they we tell us what they meant to say fake words are trending

Please explain

detbuch 01-10-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1159366)
I just can't turn her statement into ashamed, sounds like you can.

Why ask me? I didn't try to do that. But I can see how it could be done. Even by you if you saw it that way. Being proud of a country for finally having hope could imply being ashamed of it during the time when it had none. Are you ashamed of your children when they act despicably?

Pete F. 01-10-2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1159375)
Why ask me? I didn't try to do that. But I can see how it could be done. Even by you if you saw it that way. Being proud of a country for finally having hope could imply being ashamed of it during the time when it had none. Are you ashamed of your children when they act despicably?

Spin it however your little heart desires

detbuch 01-10-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1159367)
They still have to meet the individual evidenced requirements obviously.

Then no special "provisions" as you stated are necessary.

The citizens of Chicago are under the protection of the Chicago police and the FBI. Most all the gang violence is gang on gang. If the gangs are prosecuting non-gang members or threatening prosecution of non-gang members the police will intervene.

It's an absurd comparison.

The citizens of the countries south of our border are under the protections of their police and military forces. Neither Chicago's police nor those country's police can stop gang violence, rapes and murders. The solution to local crimes is not amnesty into another country. Nor does the Un protocol say it can be.

detbuch 01-10-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1159377)
Spin it however your little heart desires

Apparently you can't refute my "spin." Kinda makes the "spin" fairly accurate.

spence 01-10-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1159378)
The citizens of the countries south of our border are under the protections of their police and military forces.

Nope

detbuch 01-10-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1159388)
Nope

Yup