Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   the party that cares about blacks, threw eggs at Larry Elder (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=97619)

Jim in CT 09-08-2021 04:25 PM

the party that cares about blacks, threw eggs at Larry Elder
 
The actions of a few jerks canít be extrapolated to make a point about all democratsÖbut this stufff happens to every single black republican who makes a name for himself. There isnít a single prominent black republican who hasnít had the runaway slave treatment ( today, the crime is wandering off the liberal
reservation and daring to have a different opinion), and not just from fringe kooks. People who have their own shows at MSNBC are allowed to call them Uncle Tomís, and no one in the left says anything.

Shouldnít democrats be glad at the notion of the first black governor of California? Donít liberals claim to be all about supporting diversity? COULD IT BE, that their self-proclaimed concern for black well being, is actually politically-motivated window dressing?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lar...rs-los-angeles

spence 09-08-2021 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1213817)
The actions of a few jerks can’t be extrapolated to make a point about all democrats…

Keep quietly telling that to yourself. Also, he's a total kook. So is the girl wearing a purple ape mask throwing eggs.

detbuch 09-08-2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1213818)
Keep quietly telling that to yourself. Also, he's a total kook. So is the girl wearing a purple ape mask throwing eggs.

Spence has just annihilated Larry Elder. He has labeled him a "total kook". Nuff said. Impossible to recover from being labeled a Kook. And a total one. It's over for Elder. Really good, effective stuff.

wdmso 09-08-2021 06:08 PM

but this stufff happens to every single black republican who makes a name for himself.

The egging of politicians is a well-known form of protest Whatís race have to do with it? By the way the egg missed its mark?


Larry Elder tours homeless encampment in Venice, but leaves due to angry crowd. Was this due to to his blackness or his policyís
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-08-2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1213825)
but this stufff happens to every single black republican who makes a name for himself.

The egging of politicians is a well-known form of protest Whatís race have to do with it? By the way the egg missed its mark?


Larry Elder tours homeless encampment in Venice, but leaves due to angry crowd. Was this due to to his blackness or his policyís
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso, at a gavin newsom campaign event, a college professor who was speaking for
newsom, called Elder a ďblackface.Ē.

Biden said unless youíre for him, you ainít really black. Joe Biden gets to decide that?


youíre black, right? do those things bother you? or is party literally all
that matters?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-08-2021 06:54 PM

oh, and the relevance of Elders race, is that it shows that democrats donít actually give a frogs fat azz about blacks, other than using blacks to get what they want.

They care about liberal blacks. They seethe with hatred for conservative blacks.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence 09-08-2021 07:11 PM

Jim, seriously, get checked. You’re out of control.

Jim in CT 09-08-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1213828)
Jim, seriously, get checked. Youíre out of control.

wel miss, if you could
kindly specify the most out of control thing i posted here, i sure would be obliged.

Did biden say, or did he not say, that if youíre not for him
youíre not really black? did biden just recently refer to a black congressman as ďboyĒ, or did he not?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-08-2021 07:21 PM

ďUncle TimĒ trending on twitter after tim scott made a speech.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-tim-slur/amp/
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-08-2021 07:24 PM

CNNs Dion Lemon defends a democrat calling senator Tim Scott an ďoreo.Ē. black republicans deserve it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...me-calling.amp
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-08-2021 07:26 PM

MSNBC host refers to Clarence Thomas us ďuncle clarenceĒ, she still has her show.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...e-clarence.amp
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-08-2021 07:27 PM

oh, one person who threw eggs at Elder, was wearing a black monkey mask. i donít know the motive, but it sure could be racist.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-08-2021 07:30 PM

MSNBC host called Ben Carson, world renowned neurosurgeon, a token. no punishment or criticism from the left. shocker.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.was...le-tom-attack/
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-08-2021 07:32 PM

democratic senator sick due in refers to tim scott as ďtoken.Ē

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...apology-326538
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-08-2021 07:34 PM

democrat hero robert byrd uses the n word on national
tv in 2001.

nothing to see. all
the racists are in the right.

https://edition.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLI.../04/byrd.slur/
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence 09-09-2021 12:55 AM

Pete, stop..

Pete F. 09-09-2021 03:34 AM

"We're all victims. Everybody here. All these thousands of people here tonight. They're all victims. Every one of you."
Jimís hero TFG
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 05:51 AM

wdmso, you asked a very fair question, what does race have to do with the egg attack. and the honest answer is, i have absolutely no idea. i canít know what was in their minds

but did you ask that same question when george floyd was killed? or
brianna taylor, or
michael brown?

no. because when itís an event that helps democrats win elections, THEN itís ok to insist that race was the motive. Speculative mind reading is only acceptable when it helps democrats.

although the fact that one assailant was wearing a dark black monkey mask, is a bit more evidence. but maybe it was the only mask they had. who knows?

but it was a fair and important question. we should ask it more often, not just when you hope to prevent republicans from being portrayed as victims.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete F. 09-09-2021 06:28 AM

The ONLY reference I have for Larry Elder is when he had that "Moral Judge" or whatever TV show. Another reality show star??
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw 09-09-2021 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1213825)

The egging of politicians is a well-known form of protest

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

WTF?

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1213849)
WTF?

Iím SURE heíd say the same exact thing if it was Obama who got egged.

It wasnít just eggs thrown at them, watch the video, the thugs were shoving members of Elderís team as well.

If someone in a dark black monkey mask threw eggs at a black democrat, CNN would be going berserk. So would the liberals here.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw 09-09-2021 07:33 AM

the constant contradictions are amazing....

wdmso 09-09-2021 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1213826)
wdmso, at a gavin newsom campaign event, a college professor who was speaking for
newsom, called Elder a ďblackface.Ē.

Biden said unless youíre for him, you ainít really black. Joe Biden gets to decide that?


youíre black, right? do those things bother you? or is party literally all
that matters?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device


There you go from complaining about 1 incident then back in your time machine . With your canned response Was it racist the mask sure looked it . but itís hard to say seeing Larry himself has said many things other Blacks have deemed Racist So I tend to let blacks settle dissatisfaction and arguments with another black on their own. Because I am not black
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 09-09-2021 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1213849)
WTF?

Look it up itís a historic fact
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 09-09-2021 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1213850)
Iím SURE heíd say the same exact thing if it was Obama who got egged.

It wasnít just eggs thrown at them, watch the video, the thugs were shoving members of Elderís team as well.

If someone in a dark black monkey mask threw eggs at a black democrat, CNN would be going berserk. So would the liberals here.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim stop being upset that no one is as upset as you .

This gorilla masked girl armed with a egg! incident has you more upset then what happened on Jan6th

Let that sink in
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1213855)
Look it up itís a historic fact
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

that itís well known, makes it ok?

lynching is also well known, everyone knows about it. does that mean itís ok?

thatís what scott was shocked by. youíre apparently saying that because itís well known, therefore itís ok.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1213856)
Jim stop being upset that no one is as upset as you .

This gorilla masked girl armed with a egg! incident has you more upset then what happened on Jan6th

Let that sink in
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

many people are upset. just not the zealots here, the same zealots who are in the tiny group of people who give biden good marks for the afghanistan withdrawal. you guys think youíre the mainstream, because you never ever listen thoughtfully to anyone who isnt exactly like you.

Iím appalled at what happened in january 6, makes me
sick that my side resorted to that. arrest every one of them, charge them
to the fullest extent of the law. Is that a crazy position for me to have?

every assumption you make about me, is 100% wrong, because you assume Iím as thoughtless as you, that i canít criticize my own side. I have repeatedly criticized my own side, yet you embarrass yourself by posting that iíd forgive rioters in my side.

You are the one who never criticized any liberal no matter what they do. iím honest and fair, which you are incapable of.

Let that sink in.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 08:33 AM

wdmso, letís try a test.

I think that Trump is a disgusting human being with a disgusting moral compass.

Now your turn. Biden famously said that unless you support him, ďyou ainít really black.Ē

Are you ok with that? an old, white, zillionaire, gets to decide whoís really black and who isnít. youíre ok with that?

Letís talk policy. I agree with liberals on gay marriage, the death penalty, having healthcare cover pre existing conditions ( i canít believe anyone disagrees with this) , and to some extent gun control.

Please name some big issues, on which you think democrats are completely wrong. Iím all
ears.

Letís see who can think, and who is thoughtlessly regurgitating his sides talking points.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete F. 09-09-2021 08:34 AM

Actually some people are just whining victims

Bill Clinton walked out of an antique store in Warsaw, Poland, and was egged by a 19-year-old protester. Clinton took off his stained jacket and shrugged it off, quipping that ďitís good for young people to be angry about something nowadays.Ē

Pete F. 09-09-2021 08:46 AM

I've seen worse..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWjK_Eu8uME

wdmso 09-09-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1213859)
many people are upset. just not the zealots here, the same zealots who are in the tiny group of people who give biden good marks for the afghanistan withdrawal. you guys think youíre the mainstream, because you never ever listen thoughtfully to anyone who isnt exactly like you.

Iím appalled at what happened in january 6, makes me
sick that my side resorted to that. arrest every one of them, charge them
to the fullest extent of the law. Is that a crazy position for me to have?

every assumption you make about me, is 100% wrong, because you assume Iím as thoughtless as you, that i canít criticize my own side. I have repeatedly criticized my own side, yet you embarrass yourself by posting that iíd forgive rioters in my side.

You are the one who never criticized any liberal no matter what they do. iím honest and fair, which you are incapable of.

Let that sink in.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device


And youíve written more outrage over an Eggassination attempt than that Jan 6th until now that is that was my only point ..

As for criticism of liberals I believe Como needed to resign, do I think Biden should resign for how Afghanistan went down Nope . Could things have gone better absolutely. Do I think the infrastructure a bit high yes but why not we havenít had one in decades and Republicans are just saying no for the sake of saying no .. never mind their covid response.. so to be honest when Republicans are still creating more issues then they help to resolve . Itís hard to criticize the left for attempting to provide solutions to problems. And easier to criticize the right for attempting to provide solutions for problems that only exist in their imagination
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1213864)
And you’ve written more outrage over an Eggassination attempt than that Jan 6th until now that is that was my only point ..

As for criticism of liberals I believe Como needed to resign, do I think Biden should resign for how Afghanistan went down Nope . Could things have gone better absolutely. Do I think the infrastructure a bit high yes but why not we haven’t had one in decades and Republicans are just saying no for the sake of saying no .. never mind their covid response.. so to be honest when Republicans are still creating more issues then they help to resolve . It’s hard to criticize the left for attempting to provide solutions to problems. And easier to criticize the right for attempting to provide solutions for problems that only exist in their imagination
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"And you’ve written more outrage over an Eggassination attempt than that Jan 6th until now that is that was my only point .. "

Fair enough. But it shouldn't surprise you to hear me say those people behaved horribly and should be prosecuted. I also stand by my position that if the political angle and ethnicities were different, the unarmed woman shot to death without warning by a cop, would have been handled very very differently. It was ignored because she was a white conservative.

"do I think Biden should resign for how Afghanistan went down Nope"

Me either. But I didn't see you do anything but defend him (and insult his critics) on the other thread.

"never mind their covid response"

Yet states with the highest death rates to date, are disproportionately democrat. That's irrefutable fact. But you just can't accept it, because you don't happen to like it.

"It’s hard to criticize the left for attempting to provide solutions to problems. And easier to criticize the right for attempting to provide solutions for problems that only exist in their imagination"

Now, that's more along the lines of what I expected.

Why are huge numbers of people and businesses fleeing blue states, moving to red states? If you say "because of weather", keep in mind that southern California has nice weather, and yet people aren't moving there, California is losing population big time, much to Texas.

Pete F. 09-09-2021 09:58 AM

Listen to the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n9OFmCO-WU&t=70s

scottw 09-09-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT;1213859

Iím appalled at what happened in january 6, makes me
sick that my side resorted to that. arrest every one of them, charge them
to the fullest extent of the law. Is that a crazy position for me to have?

[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]


Yup. I donít think anyone here has supported the actions Iíve said very clearly that I think anyone who entered the Capitol or committed a crime should be held accountable but because I donít support putting someone charged with trespassing in jail for 18 months I must be a seditionist and traitorÖ
SimilarlyÖ.despite the fact that Iím vaccinated and will have a mask on most of the day today. Because I donít support government mandated vaccinationÖ.Iím an anti-vaxxerÖthis is how the totalitarians operate. You either agree with them completely or they become enraged and vindictive. Pretty screwed up😜
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1213871)
SimilarlyÖ.despite the fact that Iím vaccinated and will have a mask on most of the day today. Because I donít support government mandated vaccinationÖ.Iím an anti-vaxxerÖthis is how the totalitarians operate. You either agree with them completely or they become enraged and vindictive. Pretty screwed up😜
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

exactly. conservatives arenít anti vaccine, were opposed to state laws forcing us to get it.

the groups that are least vaccinated include blacks and people with phdís, two groups that are heavily democratic. but like everything, itís all the republicans fault.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1213871)
Yup. I donít think anyone here has supported the actions Iíve said very clearly that I think anyone who entered the Capitol or committed a crime should be held accountable but because I donít support putting someone charged with trespassing in jail for 18 months I must be a seditionist and traitorÖ
SimilarlyÖ.despite the fact that Iím vaccinated and will have a mask on most of the day today. Because I donít support government mandated vaccinationÖ.Iím an anti-vaxxerÖthis is how the totalitarians operate. You either agree with them completely or they become enraged and vindictive. Pretty screwed up😜
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

look how they frame every issue.

If you're pro-life, it' snot because you have empathy for a vulnerable defenseless human being, it's because you want to enslave women.

If you want a secure border, it's not because it makes economic and national security sense, it's because you hate mexicans.

If you want reasonable taxes, it's not because you're practical, it's because you hate poor people (high tax states like CA and CT have eliminated poverty, you see).

If you're concerned about jihadists, it's because you're an Islamaphobe.

If you are comfortable with christianity, it's because you're a homophobe.

In their minds, it's not possible to have a principled disagreement about anything. Any disagreement must be rooted in hate and ignorance.

wdmso 09-09-2021 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1213872)
exactly. conservatives arenít anti vaccine, were opposed to state laws forcing us to get it.

the groups that are least vaccinated include blacks and people with phdís, two groups that are heavily democratic. but like everything, itís all the republicans fault.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

maybe they should call it a vaccine dress code ? the right polticalitized the Vaccine and now its biting them in the back Said

Yet if your Pro Choice you support abortion the right need to understand they cant claim these exceptions for themselves but deny them to others But they do it all the time .... and that's actually How the totalitarians operate.. :btu:

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1213875)
maybe they should call it a vaccine dress code ? the right polticalitized the Vaccine and now its biting them in the back Said

Yet if your Pro Choice you support abortion the right need to understand they cant claim these exceptions for themselves but deny them to others But they do it all the time .... and that's actually How the totalitarians operate.. :btu:

trump was president when the vaccine was created. trump
said today everyone should get vaccinated.

FACT - two of the groups with the lowest vaccination rates are blacks and people with PhDs. those are not people who take their marching orders from republicans, last time i checked.

how is it the fault of republicans, that blacks and college professors are hesitant to get vaccinated? i just canít wait to hear your answer to that one. good luck.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RIROCKHOUND 09-09-2021 01:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1213878)
how is it the fault of republicans, that blacks and college professors are hesitant to get vaccinated? i just canít wait to hear your answer to that one. good luck.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

It's not, but then you know no one should be arguing that all hesitancy is driven by Trump and there are no other causes.

It is hard to not notice this correlation...

Pete F. 09-09-2021 02:14 PM

A Facebook survey was the basis for the study that identified PhDs with low rates, odd isn't it considering that other more rigid studies find that more education = higher vaccination rates.

Is the current COVID-19 surge a "pandemic of the unvaccinated?" No, according to Rhea Boyd, MD, MPH, pediatrician and co-developer of the "The Conversation: Between Us, About Us" project to encourage more people of color to get vaccinated.

"This is not a pandemic of the unvaccinated," Boyd said Wednesday at a virtual event sponsored by the Alliance for Health Policy. Instead, "what we really exposed during the vaccination distribution effort is just how unequal the United States is" when it comes to getting access to COVID-19 vaccines. She presented data from the New York Times and the Kaiser Family Foundation showing that vaccine distribution was worse in Southern states, which also are where more Black and Latinx people live (the conversation is a joint project of the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Black Coalition Against COVID).

In addition to the vaccine distribution problem, "we also know this is an area of the country where access to insurance is not evenly distributed because these are states who have disproportionately been less likely to expand Medicaid," she said. "So what that means is now 97% of adults in this country who live in the coverage gap, which means their income is too high to qualify for Medicaid, but too low to be eligible for the [Affordable Care Act] marketplace or premium tax credits -- those folks who then just simply lack coverage -- mostly live in the South," particularly in states like Texas and Florida "which are states where we're all seeing surges and we're seeing lower rates of vaccination."

Boyd noted that CDC data released Monday showed that a smaller percentage of Black and Latinx individuals in the U.S. have been fully vaccinated compared with whites. One barrier for many of these unvaccinated people is cost: although they know that the vaccine itself is free, "getting to that vaccination site requires gas in your tank, it requires bus fare. It might require a parking fee if you go to a public site in the community," she said. "Getting to and from healthcare always costs money, and that is a concern for people who are low-income, and we've seen that people who are low-income are more likely to be disproportionately unvaccinated."

Taking time off of work is another barrier, especially when it comes to getting children vaccinated, she continued; one poll found that 25% of all parents who had unvaccinated children, ages 12 to 17, said they would be more likely to get their children vaccinated if they were given paid time off to do so, she said. They would also be more likely to get vaccinated themselves "if their medical provider could come to their workplace to do it," Boyd added.

The information gap is another problem for lower-income people. "We are also facing an information gap in communities that mirrors the health literacy gap that has existed in this country for decades, if not centuries," she said. "People who have access to resources and healthcare tend to have access to credible information about health, and other communities do not. On top of that information gap, we are obviously also facing a disinformation campaign that's been targeting communities of color, particularly Black folks, since the beginning of the vaccine rollout."

"Our nation's unvaccinated are not a monstrous monolith," Boyd said. "This is not a group who is adverse to science, or medical care. We have seen that this is a group who is more likely to be our nation's working poor; they're more likely to lack the resources to actually access any type of healthcare, let alone a vaccination. And so if we're going to vaccinate them, we have to talk about what we're going to do to address access barriers both to the vaccines and other types of medical care, but also to information about vaccines."

For instance, "we need to talk about universal healthcare, so that the cost of vaccination truly is free for folks," she continued. "We need to talk about paid sick leave ...We need to acknowledge that disinformation is rarely behind a paywall, but credible science often is, and so we need to make sure that -- particularly around COVID and health in general -- that we provide free access to everybody to have that information online and in their community."


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com