Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Favorite new beer find/discovery for 2016 (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=91748)

rphud 01-23-2017 04:09 PM

Favorite new beer find/discovery for 2016

Mine would be New Belgium Abbey Ale and/or Collective Arts Stranger Than Fiction for the year that was.

Dead heat between them, but way ahead of the rest of the field.

Clogston29 01-25-2017 07:30 AM

Best new beer I had was pow pow. Best new beer that's actually available (somewhat) was single cut bon bon.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman 01-25-2017 08:21 AM

The wife and I spent the last few months working on the NH brewers guild passport card. hit 37 different breweries. Found some gems and some duds.

Really liked Schillings up in Littleton NH...bit of a haul though. FTB up in Derry had some really good stuff as well.

as far as something that I don't have to travel to get....I usually fallback on Night Shift Santilli or a release of Morph.

JohnR 01-25-2017 08:37 AM

SOS still my standard bearer

Nice surprises punching above their weight:

Lost Nation Mosaic and Pour Judgement

I must have had a bad batch of the NS Santilli, as it was barely drinkable. Whirlpool is killer though

Nebe 01-25-2017 08:44 AM

I've been enjoying the canned peak organic IPA's.

The Dad Fisherman 01-25-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1115718)
I must have had a bad batch of the NS Santilli, as it was barely drinkable. Whirlpool is killer though

Probably, I love the Santilli but find the Whirlpool kinda weak...reminds me of a session brew

Clogston29 01-25-2017 09:56 AM

also rediscovered Pot and Kettle since its canned now.

fishbones 01-26-2017 12:56 PM

I was lucky enough to try Pow Pow and it was as good as advertised. Another beer I really liked last year was Nimble Giant by Troegs. It was a limited release DIPA that I hope the put into their regular rotation.

JLH 01-26-2017 01:40 PM

I recently had Consolation Prize by Lord Hobo and really enjoyed it. Since then it's been pretty tough to find at least in my area.

It's not my style of beer but I received some Sweet Baby Jesus as a gift around the holidays and that was very good as well.

Jenn 02-02-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1115718)
SOS still my standard bearer

Nice surprises punching above their weight:

Lost Nation Mosaic and Pour Judgement

I'm with the boss man on the Mosaic. I've gone out of my working woman's way to get the treehouse, heady, etc. only to be disappointed more than once. I'm not really down with feeling like I'm not worthy of buying a beer from a brewery I have to first drive a half hour to 4 hours or more and then spend an hour (or more) in line for and get a greater than thou attitude when I beg for my "allotment" for at the register. Is the beer good? yes. but I like to drink beer more than I like to wait in line for it soooooo.... LN Mosaic is not only attainable but so good and more importantly, accessible for the most part. I have even compared side by side with the heavy hitters and preferred it!

JohnR 02-08-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLH (Post 1115837)
I recently had Consolation Prize by Lord Hobo and really enjoyed it. Since then it's been pretty tough to find at least in my area.

It's not my style of beer but I received some Sweet Baby Jesus as a gift around the holidays and that was very good as well.

Will need to try the Consolation Prize - I think Haxton's RT2 Warwick had it the other day

Nebe 02-08-2017 09:22 AM

Peak organic IPA in the cans.
It's replaced Sierra Nevada as my daily drinker.

fishbones 02-08-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1116536)
Peak organic IPA in the cans.
It's replaced Sierra Nevada as my daily drinker.

I keep hearing good things about Peak Organic. I'm going to grab some next time I stop at my local store.

Nebe 02-08-2017 04:21 PM

Enjoy!

JLH 02-08-2017 04:55 PM

I've been looking for the Lost Nation Mosaic to give it a try but no luck yet.

I also just have some No Filter from Thomas Hooker and I thought it was very good if you like fruity IPAs.

Fishpart 02-11-2017 03:11 PM

Ettaler.... anything just a short plane ride and drive to the south of Bavaria. The monk's have got it down...

rphud 02-12-2017 03:13 PM

Die Klosterbrauerei Ettal wurde im Jahr 1609 gegründet und kann auf eine über 400 Jahre ununterbrochene Braugeschichte zurückblicken. Sie gehört damit zu den ältesten Betrieben unserer Abtei.

blondterror 02-17-2017 09:45 PM

Exhibit A Cat's Meow

Juice Bomb style... very tasty... almost as good as Julius

rphud 02-18-2017 10:03 AM

Just grabbed some Fuzzy Baby Ducks for the first time. Very good stuff.

spence 02-18-2017 10:10 AM

I wish this thread was gluten free.