Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Trump travel drains Secret Service budget (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=92681)

wdmso 08-22-2017 03:58 AM

Trump travel drains Secret Service budget

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41005868

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmc.../#66b117636e49

By comparison, Barack Obama's travel expenses averaged just $12.1 million during each year of his presidency. In total, Obama's eight year travel bill came to $97 million and unbelievably, Donald Trump is on pace to outspend him in less than one year.

Over the course of the Obama administration, outrage over the president’s travel expenses became a major talking point in right-wing circles. now its a distance memory

Just an FYI for those Fake media people

BigBo 08-22-2017 06:01 AM

Typical talk with almost every presidency. I guess you're not counting the SS under Obama and their little jaunts that included luxury hotels equipped with hookers and such. :rotf3:

PaulS 08-22-2017 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBo (Post 1126747)
Typical talk with almost every presidency.

Actually I don't recall anyone really focusing on it that much until Pres. Obama.

JohnR 08-22-2017 07:05 AM

Yes - stupid amount of money being spent. Hypocrite

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1126752)
Actually I don't recall anyone really focusing on it that much until Pres. Obama.

Really? Bush went to his TX ranch all the time and the outrage never ended

BigBo 08-22-2017 07:14 AM

There seems to always be a focus on either the amount of travel, travel costs, or vacation time. I think we have a lot of much bigger issues to be concerned over.
The ridiculous amount of government spending over the last 15-20 years is okay, but we're going to be concerned over travel costs?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PaulS 08-22-2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1126755)
Yes - stupid amount of money being spent. Hypocrite

Really? Bush went to his TX ranch all the time and the outrage never ended

Not like Obama. And forget about Michelle.

The Dad Fisherman 08-22-2017 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1126760)
And forget about Michelle.

working on it...

JohnR 08-22-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1126760)
Not like Obama. And forget about Michelle.

It was NONSTOP on the trips to Crawford.

PaulS 08-22-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1126769)
It was NONSTOP on the trips to Crawford.

That is just not true. NOT even close to what we saw with the Obamas here. You can't remember posts about shipping BO the dog on a separate plan or some other BS like that.

Jim in CT 08-22-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1126763)
working on it...

Possibly the greatest post in the history of the Internet.

WDMSO is correct that a good number of people complained about Obama's extravagant vacations, and the cost.

I didn't mind the cost, so much as the optics that take place when there was a terrorist incident, and Obama would be seen playing golf later that day.

I would imagine that Trump needs far more security than anyone else, ever, no one was hated to this degree.

Nebe 08-22-2017 03:41 PM

How much of this government waste has gone into trump's hotels??

Personally if a dime goes into his pocket, I'd call that a conflict if interests and illegal. Not sure why more people can't see this is a problem :huh:

JohnR 08-22-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1126792)
How much of this government waste has gone into trump's hotels??

Personally if a dime goes into his pocket, I'd call that a conflict if interests and illegal. Not sure why more people can't see this is a problem :huh:

Like Joe Biden's cabin rent?

PaulS 08-22-2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1126780)
I would imagine that Trump needs far more security than anyone else, ever, no one was hated to this degree.

You yourself had so much hate you called President Obama POS. You've called women the c word. Looks to me like you have become what you hate.

Jim in CT 08-22-2017 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1126798)
You yourself had so much hate you called President Obama POS. You've called women the c word. Looks to me like you have become what you hate.

I surely did. But when I called him that, it was based on things that, you know, he actually said and did. Whereas your side...well, you could fill an ocean with valid criticisms of Trump, but that doesn't quench the thirst your side has for vilifying the man. So when he says "I condemn bigotry", many lefties claim that makes him a bigot. You point to one thing I have said that's that deranged, I'll eat my hat.

And if Hilary isn't the c-word, no one ever was. You call tens of millions of people who disagree with you deplorable and irredeemable (and many of those simply disagree with her the deplorable position that unborn babies are pretty special), you are the c-word. Calling her that, makes a hell of a lot more sense than calling Trump a Nazi.

JohnR 08-22-2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1126807)
You call tens of millions of people who disagree with you deplorable and irredeemable (and many of those simply disagree with her the deplorable position that unborn babies are pretty special), you are the c-word. Calling her that, makes a hell of a lot more sense than calling Trump a Nazi.

It didn't work on me but that Deplorables bit probably cost her the election.

Jim in CT 08-23-2017 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1126808)
It didn't work on me but that Deplorables bit probably cost her the election.

Couldn't agree more, the folks in flyover country finally had enough of getting kicked around.

The way I see things, the Democrats (at the national level) learned exactly nothing about the 2016 election. Still hanging their hats on identity politics, the DNC told a group of pro-life Democrats that they weren't welcome to run candidates in the 2018 midterms. They aren't doing anything to expand their tent, except hoping (and it's not without merit) that Trump will repulse large numbers of people enough that they abandon the Republican party.

The Senate races that are up in 2018...the GOP could not have designed it better. One Republican up in a state that Hilary won, and 10 (I think) Democrats up in states that Trump won.

buckman 08-23-2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1126780)

Yup , even Democrat leaders publicly wish him to be assassinated

PaulS 08-23-2017 05:18 PM

DS did you see that the former leader of the New York Republican party wished Obama died of mad cow disease?

detbuch 08-23-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1126763)
working on it...

:rotf3::rotf3: That's a gem.

PaulS 08-24-2017 06:53 AM

Bump for DS

Did you see at the Trump rally someone said McCain must die?

buckman 08-24-2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1126881)
Bump for DS

Did you see at the Trump rally someone said McCain must die?

No , can you provide the source ?

Jim in CT 08-24-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1126846)
DS did you see that the former leader of the New York Republican party wished Obama died of mad cow disease?

If true, that's a sick thing to say...

PaulS 08-24-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1126897)
No , can you provide the source ?

Do a search.

Doesn't this bother you? Or is it that you have different standards for what party you assume the idiot belongs to (you know a double standard)?