Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Grumpy Old Pharts Board (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Blood pressure meds suckkkkkkkkk (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=78119)

Swimmer 06-22-2012 03:10 PM

Blood pressure meds suckkkkkkkkk

Third day I have been on it, Ramipril or somethiung like that, tired, so friekin tired its unreal. Thats the main side effect I guess, take about three weeks to get over.

It still hasn't made my wife go away. Oh honey, I'm just kidding. I shelled and deveined five pounds of shrimp at the sink and I thought I was going to have to sit down. What a friggin wuss.

Raven 06-22-2012 04:07 PM

look to future biotics pressure- lo available at Puritan Pride

the main criteria is to keep your blood pressure lower yes
that doesn't have to be accomplished "ONLY" via one medication...

you can start taking L-arginine one of the amino acids in protein
that opens up (unrestricts) your blood vessels that are constricting
cinnamon has a similar effect.... read on that, good for breakfast

but the best NATURAL blood circulation remedy is Cayenne pepper

do a search HERE first on jenn's post and read about it...
use it sparingly or you get the flaming dump...

everything in moderation right... i sprinkle it
from a third salt shaker into food that i'm cooking.

buy lecithin (your body makes this/ safe)
it helps redistribute body fat so you can metabolize it
instead of just storing it... as loosing weight is the best way
to end having to take them for good...

i find that if i switch hit taking pressure-lo during the day
and take the stronger meds at bedtime i feel better
so you have to find just the right dosage that works for ya
and....more importantly, the best time to take it.

if you pay attention you can feel your pulse in your ear lobe
and it'll tell you "when" your BP is rising

redcrbbr 06-23-2012 10:56 AM

there are hundreds of blood pressure meds available for treatment. if the one they perscribed for you is making you feel like crap, call your doc and tell him whats going on. Took my cardio guy three diff scripts before he and i were happy.

Raven 06-23-2012 12:32 PM

well spoken Bob...i was on one that had one of my feet in the coffin
the darkest period ever in my whole life.... finally i said: this stuff is garbage.
i was through being the Ginny pig for a pharmaceutical company!

redcrbbr 06-23-2012 06:12 PM

being borderline high blood pressuure, I asked my cardio guy.. after 2 years and every test imaginable what are we trying to achieve.. like give me a number where i wouldn't have to take these meds anymore? he looked at me like no one had ever asked him before.:huh: I was just getting tired of feeling like a cash cow. I was 10 points off from his ideal number. MOOO!

Raven 06-23-2012 09:31 PM

well certain foods raise your blood pressure and other foods lower it...
garlic is one of them....

numbskull 06-24-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 945581)
Third day I have been on it, Ramapril or somethiung like that, tired, so friekin tired its unreal. Thats the main side effect I guess, take about three weeks to get over.

Buy a home BP cuff (get an automatic arm one...not a wrist or finger cuff.. with a cuff to fit your arm....maybe large in your case) and check your BP at home sitting and standing @ midday after your meds. Checking first thing in the am when you get up can be misleading since BP is often highest then.

Sometimes BP is much higher in the MD office and you end up getting inadvertently over treated when your pressure is actually too low at home. Sometimes people have high BP supine or seated, but very low standing. Usually your doctor doesn't check for this so it gets missed and you feel like crap as meds are increased.

The main side effect of Rampril is not typically fatigue....it is a tickle cough. Fatigue is unusual unless your BP is too low (most common)....or sometimes if your BP was very high and has dropped too quickly (unusual). Occasionally Rampril (an ACE inhibitor) can cause high potassium or reversible kidney dysfunction (particularly in patients with blocked arteries to their kidneys) that could cause symptoms. Other BP meds, particularly the beta-blockers (such as metropolol, atenolol, nadalol, etc), are much more notorious for causing fatigue.

Saltheart 06-24-2012 12:36 PM

I started on Captopril and had no problem. I then got switched to Altace (ramapril) which was supposed to be more modern. Had the low BP and dizziness etc and had to lower the dose . Then went to Accupril which made me feel poisoned. Everything I tried to eat tasted and smelled like dog crap. Then I went on Lisinopril and no problem. You might ask you doctor about Lisinopril.

Raven 06-24-2012 12:50 PM

yeah that's what i'm on lisinopril but i occasionally get
"tickle cough" and i'm also taking the metoprolol and i know that makes me tired.

anytime i eat, i get narcoleptic like.... tired ->right afterwards...
which sucks big time especially if your driving

taking both meds once a day was to much ....so i sometimes switch from taking it in the morning
to taking it before bedtime to stretch time using the pressure -lo to help... in that effort...

Swimmer 06-24-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull (Post 945736)
Buy a home BP cuff (get an automatic arm one...not a wrist or finger cuff.. with a cuff to fit your arm....maybe large in your case) and check your BP at home sitting and standing @ midday after your meds. Checking first thing in the am when you get up can be misleading since BP is often highest then.

Sometimes BP is much higher in the MD office and you end up getting inadvertently over treated when your pressure is actually too low at home. Sometimes people have high BP supine or seated, but very low standing. Usually your doctor doesn't check for this so it gets missed and you feel like crap as meds are increased.

The main side effect of Rampril is not typically fatigue....it is a tickle cough. Fatigue is unusual unless your BP is too low (most common)....or sometimes if your BP was very high and has dropped too quickly (unusual). Occasionally Rampril (an ACE inhibitor) can cause high potassium or reversible kidney dysfunction (particularly in patients with blocked arteries to their kidneys) that could cause symptoms. Other BP meds, particularly the beta-blockers (such as metropolol, atenolol, nadalol, etc), are much more notorious for causing fatigue.

Thanks Doc, the cough I new about. Haven't had it yet. She said it might make me tired. I also read it may take three weeks to get my body acclimated. Wife has auto high blood pressure cuff, but it is on the small side. Tomorrow getting my own. We'll see.

So far the side effects are body weakness, and bone aches. 2 % of the prescribed patients get this as part of thier treatment. Haven't had any of the other stuff. The body aching is similar to having a 101 degree temp., while not devastating, surely uncomfortable.

I have come to the conclusion, at least so far, I am wussing out. I think if I at least belive that it'll get better quicker.

Squid kids Dad 06-24-2012 04:07 PM

Both Lisinopril & Atenolol here..No problems..But in 2 or 3 different ones to get it right..Worse one ,I forget the name was making me pee the bed at night..That sucked..

Raven 06-24-2012 05:19 PM

yeah the too small cuff's give you a higher reading
than what it really is.... and while at the doctor's office
you get what's called lab coat paranoia or something like that
and that's good for a ten point increase right there.

Swimmer 07-11-2012 04:11 PM

Actually found out I was severely dehydrated from the hot weather and working outside getting ready for a big party. Thats where the aching and super tired body came from. But I also came down with something, maybe Lyme, we'll see, the jury is still out on that. Four bags of fluids at the South Shore and I was able to stumble out the door.

Raven 07-12-2012 09:45 AM

OUT in California when building roofs with plywood
you had to get up real early and start at 5:30 am at
least stacking plywood sheets to be hauled up
off the horse, so you could be done with the roof by 2:30 pm

But we always took an empty water jug and filled it half full
of water and froze it so we had a huge ice cube inside
then topped it off....that would pretty much last all day.

if it ran out we'd grab emergency bottle number two.

you had to completely soak a long sleeved shirt
to put on wet....which made you yell whoa-chilly
but in minutes it felt great...in an hour it was totally dry
so we would repeat the process.

sburnsey931 07-12-2012 02:32 PM

I am on Lisiniprol and HCTC?
and found everytime I got dizzy I was dehydrated.
It's hard to drink 5-6 bottles of water daily. But without 2 or 3 I feel like crap.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Bigcat 07-12-2012 03:03 PM

Amlodipine and Lisinopril/hctz for me with no affect what so ever,but a buddy of mine was put on Lisniopril and passed out thought he was going to die?