Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Vaccine (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=97313)

nightfighter 03-21-2021 08:07 AM

The Vaccine

For those wondering what they might expect, here is my report;

I received first shot of Pfizer vaccine yesterday afternoon. Arm got sore within an hour and by last night felt like I had gotten a two hander with a hockey stick. Heart rate was elevated. Still sore this morning but was able to sleep ok, even though I normally sleep on that side. No particulars on my night of sleep to mention out of the ordinary other than being very thirsty. Foggy head this morning, but would not call it a headache. No temperature at any point and heart rate back down.

Wife works for health insurance company, doing travel management, but has had to sit in on calls about vaccine, etc. She thinks my symptoms could be telling that I had it earlier and was asymptomatic. Who knows? Her 85 yo mother had no symptoms or soreness from the Pfizer. And if I had it earlier, one would think it would/could have taken her out....

This was at local physicians group office. 940 people scheduled to get vaccinated yesterday. Very well organized, just a lot more folks than I expected.

That is my report. I am a believer in the science and hope you all can get yours soon.

Rmarsh 03-21-2021 08:44 AM

Getting my second dose of Maderna vaccine in ten days.
First injection earlier this month at Fall River CVS went well.
A lot of the guys I work with got covid at some point over the last year
and one of my bosses almost died from a blood clot while he was very sick with covid. My wife has been fully vaccinated for a while now....works at a nursing home. So we are looking forward with some hope of a return to normal life. Mostly being able to get together with family and friends with less worry

clambo 03-21-2021 09:24 AM

vacine

Got first shot Sat . in Dartmouth. Wife is ER charge nurse and has had 2 shots months ago. Just a little sore at injection site.

Nebe 03-21-2021 09:38 AM

Can you feel the signal from the Bill Gates 5G Microchip that was in the vaccine?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman 03-21-2021 09:55 AM

I got an appointment for Tuesday to get my first. They are using the Moderna. We’ll see how it goes.

The Dad Fisherman 03-21-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1209868)
Can you feel the signal from the Bill Gates 5G Microchip that was in the vaccine?

Should be interesting to see what happens after Patch Tuesdays

bart 03-21-2021 09:57 AM

Got my second dose of Moderna at Gillette a week ago. Both times I was tired for a couple days afterwards. My arm was a little sore the second go around.

My mother felt like she had the flu for a couple days after the second dose. My father was fine. My 89 year old grandparents were fine after receiving both shots of Pfizer.

My grandmother has been really sick on and off this past year - she was down to 90#s - but the vaccine didn’t phase her at all. Same with my father- really bad year, but no issues. Go figure.

I will say Gillette has been awesome. It’s been smooth sailing since they worked out the initial kinks. The longest we waited was the 30 min to make sure my mother didn’t have an allergic reaction. The staff, top to bottom, have been excellent. Haven’t waited in any lines. Top notch operation.

nightfighter 03-21-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1209868)

You funny boy.... I don't have any time for that conspiracy crap.

What I do have time for is making public my thoughts on Microsoft's piracy and censorship.... Bastids

piemma 03-21-2021 10:33 AM

Jeanne and I got our 2nd (Pfizer)on Wednesday. Jeanne was tired Thursday. I was finishing a job building a deck. No issues.

Slipknot 03-21-2021 11:11 AM

What I have learned about those 2 vaccines is that they are very different from the usual flu or chicken pox type vaccines, because they provide the info to your body of what to fight as opposed to the others that include low concentration, small amounts of the virus to help your body prepare and build immunities. The real money in this is if this type works, they will then be able to fight cancer with this technology instead of indiscriminately killing cells with chemo etc. I am not an anti-vaccer and when the time comes I will carefully weigh the risk/reward.
My parents have gotten the shots, my Mom gets her second next Saturday.

ProfessorM 03-21-2021 12:11 PM

I getting my first next Sunday. My daughter has gotten both, nursing major, plus she had Covid. First no issues 2nd felt like #^&#^&#^&#^& for day of and next day.

Got Stripers 03-21-2021 12:33 PM

Still waiting we are scheduled for our first April 1st and 2nd in Plymouth, no way to know what we are getting, although she is first so I will know come my turn.

Nebe 03-21-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1209872)
You funny boy.... I don't have any time for that conspiracy crap.

What I do have time for is making public my thoughts on Microsoft's piracy and censorship.... Bastids

I know you are smarter than the average knuckle dragging bear :)

Rappin Mikey 03-22-2021 08:20 AM

I've had both Pfizer shots. Barely felt a thing. But... I am the Rappin One.

Guppy 03-22-2021 09:22 AM

Just got my #1 at Prov. VA. :-)
Things are lookin up..... :-)

nightfighter 03-22-2021 09:57 AM

Good report, Ray
I was off my game through day two, yesterday, but all systems go today. Arm pain gone, as was slight headache. MIL told me to take off the band aid and the pain would go away....

niko 03-22-2021 12:03 PM

Hot the J/J a couple of weeks ago. No side effects. Wifey got moderna in January- she felt like #^&#^&#^&#^& the next day

Guppy 03-22-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko (Post 1209896)
Hot the J/J a couple of weeks ago. No side effects. Wifey got moderna in January- she felt like #^&#^&#^&#^& the next day

You may have caused that..... ;-)

niko 03-22-2021 07:11 PM

I can’t rule that out ray

rphud 03-22-2021 08:13 PM

anecdotal evidence (from what I am hearing) is the Moderna 2nd shot is the one most likely to result in significant side effects. I got one Pfizer so far and just a tiny bit sore at the injection location. Shot two in three weeks.

piemma 03-23-2021 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rphud (Post 1209902)
anecdotal evidence (from what I am hearing) is the Moderna 2nd shot is the one most likely to result in significant side effects. I got one Pfizer so far and just a tiny bit sore at the injection location. Shot two in three weeks.

Posted before. Jeanne and I both got 2nd shot of Pfizer. Week ago and no after effects.

PaulS 03-23-2021 09:44 AM

Glad to see so many people are getting the vaccine. Just heard my oldest cousin's husband (around 67 years old) passed last night from the virus. Supposedly she and he said they weren't getting the vaccine. The whole family was always afraid of going to the Dr.

Just saw on FB a friend's sister was very, very sick and it seemed touch and go. She is really overweight and if it is from Covid, I think she will have a tough time.

Ian 03-23-2021 02:14 PM

Older you are, milder the side effects all around

Pfizer has lower side effects between it and Moderna

JohnR 03-24-2021 07:12 AM

Couple observations; Had the J&J one shot last week, felt lightly crappy for 2 days.

Was told to drink lots of electrolytes prior and after. My wife had shot 2 weeks ago and was feeling terrible first day and was told to drink a lot of Gatorade, which helped.

So if you have any shots coming up - drink lots of Gatorade before, and after, and it *may* help - surely cannot hurt.

So lucky that the Democrats pulled all the stops to get these vaccines into early production :alien: and I can thank them for the early progress of the 3rd arm growing from my back.

wdmso 03-24-2021 09:03 AM

to bad Many those praising Trump for the Early Vaccine refuse to take it???

fishbones 03-24-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1209926)
to bad Many those praising Trump for the Early Vaccine refuse to take it???

Why’s that too bad? Can’t people support something even if they don’t necessarily want to do it? I’m all for gay marriage but I’m not going to marry a dude.

nightfighter 03-24-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 1209928)
Why’s that too bad? Can’t people support something even if they don’t necessarily want to do it? I’m all for gay marriage but I’m not going to marry a dude.

Apples and oranges here. Getting vaccinated is an individual part in helping the greater good of society getting rid of a pandemic. Not sure two individuals getting married can be construed the same way.
Maybe just a por choice of comparison.

niko 03-24-2021 01:51 PM

Maybe the right dude just hasn’t asked you yet

The Dad Fisherman 03-24-2021 02:06 PM

Many legitimate reasons not to get vaccinated (micro chips and 5G ain't one :hihi:)

Just worry about you

The Dad Fisherman 03-24-2021 02:07 PM

Got my first yesterday, zero side effects, feel fine 30 hours later. Had the Moderna