Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Lowe's / craftsman tools (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98554)

redlite 12-27-2022 05:45 PM

Lowe's / craftsman tools

So just an FYI to any craftsman tool owners
I have been holding on to my broken (old as #^&#^&#^&#^&. Don't even know how I acquired them) craftsmen tools that I was unsure of what to do with since sears went under. Lowe's now carries craftsman tools and claim that they will Honor the craftsman tool lifetime guarantee. I have a breaker bar , a chisel, and a big straight bladed screw driver that were broken
Well after hearing that it would probably be more of an aggravation than tools worth I took em to Lowe's today and it was wonderful. They said go over and find as close to these as you can and will swap em for you. Biggest aggravation was trying to find mechanic tools in a wood working store. They no questions asked gave me new breaker bar and screwdriver (about $50 between em) for free l Could not exchange chisel as they only carry sets so they said for that I would need to call craftsman directly.

I know my Ace hardware is a big carrier of craftsman tools so I might try there for the chisel first and update on how that works out.

Big kudos to Lowe's and craftsman

Got Stripers 12-27-2022 05:52 PM

I always relied on craftsman tools and sears was where we as a family shopped for everything.

piemma 12-28-2022 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlite (Post 1236731)
So just an FYI to any craftsman tool owners
I have been holding on to my broken (old as #^&#^&#^&#^&. Don't even know how I acquired them) craftsmen tools that I was unsure of what to do with since sears went under. Lowe's now carries craftsman tools and claim that they will Honor the craftsman tool lifetime guarantee. I have a breaker bar , a chisel, and a big straight bladed screw driver that were broken
Well after hearing that it would probably be more of an aggravation than tools worth I took em to Lowe's today and it was wonderful. They said go over and find as close to these as you can and will swap em for you. Biggest aggravation was trying to find mechanic tools in a wood working store. They no questions asked gave me new breaker bar and screwdriver (about $50 between em) for free l Could not exchange chisel as they only carry sets so they said for that I would need to call craftsman directly.

I know my Ace hardware is a big carrier of craftsman tools so I might try there for the chisel first and update on how that works out.

Big kudos to Lowe's and craftsman

Love Lowes Mike. They give us Vets a 10% discount, unlike HD which gives us nothing.

Guppy 12-29-2022 06:50 AM

Wow! I wish I knew that a year ago, I bought a new 1/2” drive ratchet there to replace a broken one…

The lowes in Wareham MA has a large Craftsman selection and endless tools…
Makes Christmas shopping for my three sons a breeze…

The wife, a much different story… :-(

Thanks

Got Stripers 12-29-2022 09:02 AM

Always bought my gardening tools there, break a rake just bring it in and grab a new one. Break a pick axe, bring it in and grab a new one. Sh*t I even bought a riding mower I thought would take an add on bagger when my new lawn came in and a year later I was told it would have to be a tow behind. I wasn't happy, they took the riding mower back and I took a different self propelled job instead.

afterhours 12-31-2022 05:13 PM

Just going thru some tools and came up with more than a few broken Craftsman tools, rachets, extensions, screw drivers etc. Off to Lowe's tomorrow. Thanks Mike.