Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   the party that cares about blacks, threw eggs at Larry Elder (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=97619)

wdmso 09-09-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1213859)
many people are upset. just not the zealots here, the same zealots who are in the tiny group of people who give biden good marks for the afghanistan withdrawal. you guys think you’re the mainstream, because you never ever listen thoughtfully to anyone who isnt exactly like you.

I’m appalled at what happened in january 6, makes me
sick that my side resorted to that. arrest every one of them, charge them
to the fullest extent of the law. Is that a crazy position for me to have?

every assumption you make about me, is 100% wrong, because you assume I’m as thoughtless as you, that i can’t criticize my own side. I have repeatedly criticized my own side, yet you embarrass yourself by posting that i’d forgive rioters in my side.

You are the one who never criticized any liberal no matter what they do. i’m honest and fair, which you are incapable of.

Let that sink in.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device


And you’ve written more outrage over an Eggassination attempt than that Jan 6th until now that is that was my only point ..

As for criticism of liberals I believe Como needed to resign, do I think Biden should resign for how Afghanistan went down Nope . Could things have gone better absolutely. Do I think the infrastructure a bit high yes but why not we haven’t had one in decades and Republicans are just saying no for the sake of saying no .. never mind their covid response.. so to be honest when Republicans are still creating more issues then they help to resolve . It’s hard to criticize the left for attempting to provide solutions to problems. And easier to criticize the right for attempting to provide solutions for problems that only exist in their imagination
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1213864)
And you’ve written more outrage over an Eggassination attempt than that Jan 6th until now that is that was my only point ..

As for criticism of liberals I believe Como needed to resign, do I think Biden should resign for how Afghanistan went down Nope . Could things have gone better absolutely. Do I think the infrastructure a bit high yes but why not we haven’t had one in decades and Republicans are just saying no for the sake of saying no .. never mind their covid response.. so to be honest when Republicans are still creating more issues then they help to resolve . It’s hard to criticize the left for attempting to provide solutions to problems. And easier to criticize the right for attempting to provide solutions for problems that only exist in their imagination
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"And you’ve written more outrage over an Eggassination attempt than that Jan 6th until now that is that was my only point .. "

Fair enough. But it shouldn't surprise you to hear me say those people behaved horribly and should be prosecuted. I also stand by my position that if the political angle and ethnicities were different, the unarmed woman shot to death without warning by a cop, would have been handled very very differently. It was ignored because she was a white conservative.

"do I think Biden should resign for how Afghanistan went down Nope"

Me either. But I didn't see you do anything but defend him (and insult his critics) on the other thread.

"never mind their covid response"

Yet states with the highest death rates to date, are disproportionately democrat. That's irrefutable fact. But you just can't accept it, because you don't happen to like it.

"It’s hard to criticize the left for attempting to provide solutions to problems. And easier to criticize the right for attempting to provide solutions for problems that only exist in their imagination"

Now, that's more along the lines of what I expected.

Why are huge numbers of people and businesses fleeing blue states, moving to red states? If you say "because of weather", keep in mind that southern California has nice weather, and yet people aren't moving there, California is losing population big time, much to Texas.

Pete F. 09-09-2021 09:58 AM

Listen to the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n9OFmCO-WU&t=70s

scottw 09-09-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT;1213859

I’m appalled at what happened in january 6, makes me
sick that my side resorted to that. arrest every one of them, charge them
to the fullest extent of the law. Is that a crazy position for me to have?

[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]


Yup. I don’t think anyone here has supported the actions I’ve said very clearly that I think anyone who entered the Capitol or committed a crime should be held accountable but because I don’t support putting someone charged with trespassing in jail for 18 months I must be a seditionist and traitor…
Similarly….despite the fact that I’m vaccinated and will have a mask on most of the day today. Because I don’t support government mandated vaccination….I’m an anti-vaxxer…this is how the totalitarians operate. You either agree with them completely or they become enraged and vindictive. Pretty screwed up😜
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1213871)
Similarly….despite the fact that I’m vaccinated and will have a mask on most of the day today. Because I don’t support government mandated vaccination….I’m an anti-vaxxer…this is how the totalitarians operate. You either agree with them completely or they become enraged and vindictive. Pretty screwed up😜
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

exactly. conservatives aren’t anti vaccine, were opposed to state laws forcing us to get it.

the groups that are least vaccinated include blacks and people with phd’s, two groups that are heavily democratic. but like everything, it’s all the republicans fault.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1213871)
Yup. I don’t think anyone here has supported the actions I’ve said very clearly that I think anyone who entered the Capitol or committed a crime should be held accountable but because I don’t support putting someone charged with trespassing in jail for 18 months I must be a seditionist and traitor…
Similarly….despite the fact that I’m vaccinated and will have a mask on most of the day today. Because I don’t support government mandated vaccination….I’m an anti-vaxxer…this is how the totalitarians operate. You either agree with them completely or they become enraged and vindictive. Pretty screwed up😜
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

look how they frame every issue.

If you're pro-life, it' snot because you have empathy for a vulnerable defenseless human being, it's because you want to enslave women.

If you want a secure border, it's not because it makes economic and national security sense, it's because you hate mexicans.

If you want reasonable taxes, it's not because you're practical, it's because you hate poor people (high tax states like CA and CT have eliminated poverty, you see).

If you're concerned about jihadists, it's because you're an Islamaphobe.

If you are comfortable with christianity, it's because you're a homophobe.

In their minds, it's not possible to have a principled disagreement about anything. Any disagreement must be rooted in hate and ignorance.

wdmso 09-09-2021 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1213872)
exactly. conservatives aren’t anti vaccine, were opposed to state laws forcing us to get it.

the groups that are least vaccinated include blacks and people with phd’s, two groups that are heavily democratic. but like everything, it’s all the republicans fault.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

maybe they should call it a vaccine dress code ? the right polticalitized the Vaccine and now its biting them in the back Said

Yet if your Pro Choice you support abortion the right need to understand they cant claim these exceptions for themselves but deny them to others But they do it all the time .... and that's actually How the totalitarians operate.. :btu:

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1213875)
maybe they should call it a vaccine dress code ? the right polticalitized the Vaccine and now its biting them in the back Said

Yet if your Pro Choice you support abortion the right need to understand they cant claim these exceptions for themselves but deny them to others But they do it all the time .... and that's actually How the totalitarians operate.. :btu:

trump was president when the vaccine was created. trump
said today everyone should get vaccinated.

FACT - two of the groups with the lowest vaccination rates are blacks and people with PhDs. those are not people who take their marching orders from republicans, last time i checked.

how is it the fault of republicans, that blacks and college professors are hesitant to get vaccinated? i just can’t wait to hear your answer to that one. good luck.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RIROCKHOUND 09-09-2021 01:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1213878)
how is it the fault of republicans, that blacks and college professors are hesitant to get vaccinated? i just can’t wait to hear your answer to that one. good luck.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

It's not, but then you know no one should be arguing that all hesitancy is driven by Trump and there are no other causes.

It is hard to not notice this correlation...

Pete F. 09-09-2021 02:14 PM

A Facebook survey was the basis for the study that identified PhDs with low rates, odd isn't it considering that other more rigid studies find that more education = higher vaccination rates.

Is the current COVID-19 surge a "pandemic of the unvaccinated?" No, according to Rhea Boyd, MD, MPH, pediatrician and co-developer of the "The Conversation: Between Us, About Us" project to encourage more people of color to get vaccinated.

"This is not a pandemic of the unvaccinated," Boyd said Wednesday at a virtual event sponsored by the Alliance for Health Policy. Instead, "what we really exposed during the vaccination distribution effort is just how unequal the United States is" when it comes to getting access to COVID-19 vaccines. She presented data from the New York Times and the Kaiser Family Foundation showing that vaccine distribution was worse in Southern states, which also are where more Black and Latinx people live (the conversation is a joint project of the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Black Coalition Against COVID).

In addition to the vaccine distribution problem, "we also know this is an area of the country where access to insurance is not evenly distributed because these are states who have disproportionately been less likely to expand Medicaid," she said. "So what that means is now 97% of adults in this country who live in the coverage gap, which means their income is too high to qualify for Medicaid, but too low to be eligible for the [Affordable Care Act] marketplace or premium tax credits -- those folks who then just simply lack coverage -- mostly live in the South," particularly in states like Texas and Florida "which are states where we're all seeing surges and we're seeing lower rates of vaccination."

Boyd noted that CDC data released Monday showed that a smaller percentage of Black and Latinx individuals in the U.S. have been fully vaccinated compared with whites. One barrier for many of these unvaccinated people is cost: although they know that the vaccine itself is free, "getting to that vaccination site requires gas in your tank, it requires bus fare. It might require a parking fee if you go to a public site in the community," she said. "Getting to and from healthcare always costs money, and that is a concern for people who are low-income, and we've seen that people who are low-income are more likely to be disproportionately unvaccinated."

Taking time off of work is another barrier, especially when it comes to getting children vaccinated, she continued; one poll found that 25% of all parents who had unvaccinated children, ages 12 to 17, said they would be more likely to get their children vaccinated if they were given paid time off to do so, she said. They would also be more likely to get vaccinated themselves "if their medical provider could come to their workplace to do it," Boyd added.

The information gap is another problem for lower-income people. "We are also facing an information gap in communities that mirrors the health literacy gap that has existed in this country for decades, if not centuries," she said. "People who have access to resources and healthcare tend to have access to credible information about health, and other communities do not. On top of that information gap, we are obviously also facing a disinformation campaign that's been targeting communities of color, particularly Black folks, since the beginning of the vaccine rollout."

"Our nation's unvaccinated are not a monstrous monolith," Boyd said. "This is not a group who is adverse to science, or medical care. We have seen that this is a group who is more likely to be our nation's working poor; they're more likely to lack the resources to actually access any type of healthcare, let alone a vaccination. And so if we're going to vaccinate them, we have to talk about what we're going to do to address access barriers both to the vaccines and other types of medical care, but also to information about vaccines."

For instance, "we need to talk about universal healthcare, so that the cost of vaccination truly is free for folks," she continued. "We need to talk about paid sick leave ...We need to acknowledge that disinformation is rarely behind a paywall, but credible science often is, and so we need to make sure that -- particularly around COVID and health in general -- that we provide free access to everybody to have that information online and in their community."

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1213880)
It's not, but then you know no one should be arguing that all hesitancy is driven by Trump and there are no other causes.

It is hard to not notice this correlation...

and if vaccine hesitancy was correlated with state, you’d have a point. but again, there are other variables more correlated. race and education are the big ones.

how come you didn’t show a chart showing vaccination by race or education? is it because that chart wouldn’t make republicans look bad?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1213880)
It's not, but then you know no one should be arguing that all hesitancy is driven by Trump and there are no other causes.

It is hard to not notice this correlation...

your map shows a very high vaccination rate in CT. but the vaccination rates among blacks in CT, is low.

don’t cherry pick, you’re the one guy on that side who knows better.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RIROCKHOUND 09-09-2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1213883)
and if vaccine hesitancy was correlated with state, you’d have a point. but again, there are other variables more correlated. race and education are the big ones.

how come you didn’t show a chart showing vaccination by race or education? is it because that chart wouldn’t make republicans look bad?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Because I agreed with your point that those two populations don't relate to Trump/GOP hesitancy.
Race and education are two big ones I don't think those are the only to variables out there. Are you trying to say that the reason Mississippi, Alabama, West Virginia Wyoming and Idaho are the lowest on that map because of race and an abundance of hesitant PhD's?

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1213880)
It's not, but then you know no one should be arguing that all hesitancy is driven by Trump and there are no other causes.

It is hard to not notice this correlation...

63% of the state of CT is vaccinated, but among blacks, it’s only 43%.

https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about...9&publicId=395
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1213885)
Because I agreed with your point that those two populations don't relate to Trump/GOP hesitancy.
Race and education are two big ones I don't think those are the only to variables out there. Are you trying to say that the reason Mississippi, Alabama, West Virginia Wyoming and Idaho are the lowest on that map because of race and an abundance of hesitant PhD's?

if you don’t think they’re the only two variables, you have to do a multivariate look, not a univariate look, to find the other variables. come on.

the study i posted is just for CT, by race.

wdmso said republicans are politicizing the vaccine. you posted a map of trump voters. But try to follow me here…

TRUMP IS A HUGE ADVOCATE FOR VACCINES.

Kamala Harris was the one who said she wouldn’t take it, if trump said to take it. Well, trump is saying to take it. So if anyone is persuading blacks not to take it, it’s Kamala Harris. She said not to take it if trump suggested we take it.

et tu, Brian? the one guy i expect better from.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 09-09-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1213878)
trump was president when the vaccine was created. trump
said today everyone should get vaccinated.

FACT - two of the groups with the lowest vaccination rates are blacks and people with PhDs. those are not people who take their marching orders from republicans, last time i checked.

how is it the fault of republicans, that blacks and college professors are hesitant to get vaccinated? i just can’t wait to hear your answer to that one. good luck.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim here we go again.. with the blacks There are about twice as many Republicans as there are Black people in the United States

It estimates that Black Americans make up about 13 percent of the population and 13 percent of the group that says it will never receive a dose of the vaccine. Republicans, by contrast, make up more than half of each group, including nearly 6 in 10 of those who say they won’t get vaccinated.

the PHD thing another red herring https://www.wnct.com/news/north-caro...-among-ph-d-s/

Jim in CT 09-09-2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1213880)
It's not, but then you know no one should be arguing that all hesitancy is driven by Trump and there are no other causes.

It is hard to not notice this correlation...

ANd of course there's some correlation. There's a certain kind of paranoid irrational person, who will never do anytihng the federal government says to do. The overwhelming majority of those (sad to say) are Republicans, and no they don't have PhDs, you got me there.

scottw 09-10-2021 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1213888)

TRUMP IS A HUGE ADVOCATE FOR VACCINES.

if I recall he was one of the first to tout the vaccinations get vaccinated...but it's the people that do whatever he says that won't get vaccinated?...makes sense...remember the democrat who poisoned and I think killed her husband with fish tank cleaner because Trump told her it would prevent covid and possibly long marriages?...that was great

Kamala Harris was the one who said she wouldn’t take it,

Kamala, Biden, Cuomo and other influential leftists...they had serious concerns about the exact same vaccine they'd now like to mandate...it's so funy how that works

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

we need the media lying more and running phony stories about things like ivermectin so that leftists can puff out their chest and mock people who don't share their views for taking things like "horse dewormers".... and stuff...because it's never been used in humans...only horses...right?...:kewl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cKkOZevNaQ&t=309s

scottw 09-10-2021 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1213825)

The egging of politicians is a well-known form of protest

Look it up it’s a historic fact

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

and therefore, you support it?.....or only for certain throwers and certain targets? and is it therefore ok to throw other stuff at people you might disagree with?

wdmso 09-10-2021 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1213903)
and therefore, you support it?.....or only for certain throwers and certain targets? and is it therefore ok to throw other stuff at people you might disagree with?

Where you get support it ? I wouldn’t do it but I do support non violent forms of protest . [ and if it’s a criminal act she should be arrested ) Or do you consider throwing an egg an act of violence , but yet the capital rioters were unarmed ?


It’s just odd an egg thrower in a gorilla mask seems to provoke more outrage than a horned guy marching Thru the capital bldg
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 09-10-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1213902)
we need the media lying more and running phony stories about things like ivermectin so that leftists can puff out their chest and mock people who don't share their views for taking things like "horse dewormers".... and stuff...because it's never been used in humans...only horses...right?...:kewl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cKkOZevNaQ&t=309s



Every thinks fake and made up in the world .. unless it comes off you tube or from the mouth of conservatives ….

Because it’s never been used in humans right

The right used Same lame excuse with hydroxychloroquine and once again is doing it with ivermectin .
Yes they are both used for parasite not COVID 19

Anyone see a pattern

Lies good Truth bad ..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-10-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1213917)
Where you get support it ? I wouldn’t do it but I do support non violent forms of protest . [ and if it’s a criminal act she should be arrested ) Or do you consider throwing an egg an act of violence , but yet the capital rioters were unarmed ?


It’s just odd an egg thrower in a gorilla mask seems to provoke more outrage than a horned guy marching Thru the capital bldg
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

nope. what’s bothersome, is that liberals aren’t reacting to Elder getting egged, the way they would have reacted if it were Obama or any black democrat.

You deny that?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 09-10-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1213917)
Where you get support it ? I wouldn’t do it but I do support non violent forms of protest . [ and if it’s a criminal act she should be arrested ) Or do you consider throwing an egg an act of violence , but yet the capital rioters were unarmed ?


It’s just odd an egg thrower in a gorilla mask seems to provoke more outrage than a horned guy marching Thru the capital bldg
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

so in your list above, you ask scott “where he gets” the idea that you support throwing eggs.

then you say you support non violent protests, then question why scott would consider why throwing violent? and if it’s not violent, you said you support it.

so you ask scott where he got the idea that you’d support it, then you immediately say you support it.

scott and i have also said explicitly, that the january 6 trespassers and rioters should be charged to the fullest extent of the law. so i don’t know where you get the idea that we’re in favor of letting them off.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw 09-10-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1213919)
Every thinks fake and made up in the world .. unless it comes off you tube or from the mouth of conservatives ….

Because it’s never been used in humans right

The right used Same lame excuse with hydroxychloroquine and once again is doing it with ivermectin .
Yes they are both used for parasite not COVID 19

Anyone see a pattern

Lies good Truth bad ..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

You know it’s not “the right” that has lied about ivermectin…right…you should be more open minded 😊
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence 09-10-2021 01:14 PM

Wait, how does Jim know the egg throwers are Democrats???

scottw 09-10-2021 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1213931)
Wait, how does Jim know the egg throwers are Democrats???

eggs, urine, feces....look it up...it's a historical fact

Pete F. 09-10-2021 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1213937)
eggs, urine, feces....look it up...it's a historical fact

Sounds more like a conservative fetish, though you left out cuckholding.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 09-10-2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1213929)
You know it’s not “the right” that has lied about ivermectin…right…you should be more open minded 😊
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

it not the right that has lied really how so ? can't wait to hear ..please let me know what information I am missing :huh:

wdmso 09-10-2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1213921)
nope. what’s bothersome, is that liberals aren’t reacting to Elder getting egged, the way they would have reacted if it were Obama or any black democrat.

You deny that?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

you do know the egg missed correct so it was an attempted egging




and is throwing an egg an act of violence? or considered Armed

I am confused but the Right clearly feels the Jan 6th rioters were not Armed ..


But but Obama really

spence 09-10-2021 08:46 PM

I'm just going to but this down gently.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...xTtPFLpes700i4


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com