Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   House of Commons says (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=83435)

justplugit 08-29-2013 05:29 PM

House of Commons says

NO to military action in Syria. Good for them. Why risk the very good chance of
WW III to save face for Obama's political rhetoric "red line" comment before his election.
No doubt in my mind that Iran would love the excuse to hit Israel now
to get a first strike before their nuclear weapons are hit in the near future.
A strike on Syria would give them that perfect excuse.

No imminent danger to us and therefore Congress needs to vote on this.
A strike would be a no win solution, imho.

buckman 08-29-2013 05:44 PM

He really isn't very good at chess... Is he ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe 08-29-2013 05:46 PM

I think Obama is looking for a crisis to divert attention to the fiscal cliff we are going to hit in October

buckman 08-29-2013 05:51 PM

Russia's moving ships in. He got his wish

Raider Ronnie 08-29-2013 06:13 PM

This will be Bush's fault !

spence 08-29-2013 07:24 PM

Jesus, what ever happened to doing the right thing?

-spence

spence 08-29-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1011569)
I think Obama is looking for a crisis to divert attention to the fiscal cliff we are going to hit in October

There is no fiscal cliff...Congress will vote to increase the debt limit, because they have to...

-spence

buckman 08-29-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1011583)

-spence

I think we've tried that to death

Nebe 08-29-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1011583)

-spence

This isn't the right thing. Half of the people fighting the civil war are Muslim extremists. Their wet dream is to topple the government and set up a government under Shia law. They hate us as well. Let them fight for what they want which is a country that will be in a religious bubble and intolerant of anyone else's beliefs.

Nebe 08-29-2013 08:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOYew1IA-Ag#t=21

Raven 08-29-2013 08:25 PM

it's also a question of MONEY
fighting wars ain't cheap with little returns on the money invested
Americans are WAR weary....
the Mexican Cartels are making 40 billion a year ....so we need to end the DRUG war
at least on harmless weed , and then tax and regulate some money back into the US treasury

spence 08-30-2013 06:13 AM

And where did you read this?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1011595)
This isn't the right thing. Half of the people fighting the civil war are Muslim extremists. Their wet dream is to topple the government and set up a government under Shia law. They hate us as well. Let them fight for what they want which is a country that will be in a religious bubble and intolerant of anyone else's beliefs.

Nebe 08-30-2013 06:47 AM

Is Iran tolerant of outsiders? Is the Taliban tolerant?

Nebe 08-30-2013 06:52 AM

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...ra-deir-aleppo

spence 08-30-2013 06:58 AM

That article is focused on a small segment of the al Qaeda linked extremists.

I believe about 1/2 the rebels may consider themselves Islamist, but not all Islamists are necessarily extremist.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1011629)
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...ra-deir-aleppo

Nebe 08-30-2013 07:01 AM

You know I'm extremely tolerant of people's beliefs and lean pretty far to the left on some issues but not with this. Let them fight their war alone. Free all the prisoners in Guantanamo Bay and s end them over there to fight and when that country is full of every extremist nut job the world will be a better place.

spence 08-30-2013 07:04 AM

I think the problem is a lot get lumped into the extremist bin that might not really be.

Big issue in Syria is if the number of real extremists continues to rise. They're the ones getting all the weapons.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1011632)
You know I'm extremely tolerant of people's beliefs and lean pretty far to the left on some issues but not with this. Let them fight their war alone. Free all the prisoners in Guantanamo Bay and s end them over there to fight and when that country is full of every extremist nut job the world will be a better place.

buckman 08-30-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1011633)
I think the problem is a lot get lumped into the extremist bin that might not really be.

Big issue in Syria is if the number of real extremists continues to rise. They're the ones getting all the weapons.

I agree! Sending arms over there was beyond stupid and maybe even impeachable , when 4 Americans die over it .

Nebe 08-30-2013 07:29 AM

Right. So why should we help them? This is failed logic beyond belief. Oh wait I know. Syria has OIL!!!! Duh.

afterhours 08-30-2013 07:58 AM

methinks we should steer clear of this one...talk about opening a can of worms.

Nebe 08-30-2013 08:01 AM

With elections coming on the horizon, a good war is the best chance at keeping your party in power if you feel that your approval level is in the chitter

spence 08-30-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1011637)
I agree! Sending arms over there was beyond stupid and maybe even impeachable , when 4 Americans die over it .

Yea, why didn't that story have legs?

Rob Rockcrawler 08-30-2013 09:33 AM

I emailed my senators and congressmen. Don't know if it it will help or not. We need to stay out of this one. I like my Syrian bread, but its made in the US so i think we are safe on that front.

justplugit 08-30-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1011638)
Right. So why should we help them? This is failed logic beyond belief. Oh wait I know. Syria has OIL!!!! Duh.

Yes, and if Obama allowed the domestic oil companies to begin drilling where they wanted 5 years ago, we would be 3/4 of the way to becoming totally independent.
They should have started fracking too.
If we send missiles now it will be over Obama's pride as much as it would be over oil.
So he should start, what could well be WW 111, over pride?

RIROCKHOUND 08-30-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 1011661)
Yes, and if Obama allowed the domestic oil companies to begin drilling where they wanted 5 years ago, we would be 3/4 of the way to becoming totally independent.
They should have started fracking too.
If we send missiles now it will be over Obama's pride as much as it would be over oil.
So he should start, what could well be WW 111, over pride?

You think we don't frack already???

buckman 08-30-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1011649)
Yea, why didn't that story have legs?

The same reason the Trevon Martin incident did have legs .

justplugit 08-30-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1011664)
You think we don't frack already???

Not to the degree we could. Not that it alone would make us 100% independent.
My point was pretty clear, we are now 5 years behind in drilling that would have gotten us much closer to energy independence.

Obama wants to have our military get him out of the corner he painted himself into.
So what is the strategy , and what is the anticipated result? What is the end result?
The UN isn't even finished their inspection and he is talking military action. He is willing to go it alone without the British. How many of the 20 countries that backed us going after wmd in Iraq are going to back us now?
Even Carter has stated unless we are in imminent danger the president must get the approval of Congress. Joe Biden is on record saying that he would personally lead the impeachment of a President who, before making military strikes, didn't get Congressional approval.
Is military action way too much, or way too soon? What ever happened to the infamous do all be all, leftist negotiating table? I guess ya just can't negotiate from weakness.

PaulS 08-30-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1011574)
This will be Bush's fault !

I know you like to constantly post that, but do you see anyone actually blaming Pres. Bush for the all times you post it?

PaulS 08-30-2013 02:05 PM

The house of commons is working under the theory of "fool me once, F you, fool me twice, F me". Prob. waiting to see more evidence.

Fishpart 08-30-2013 04:42 PM

Nothing good can possibly come of this no matter what we do... Best to preserve the lives of Americans we don't need a conflict with Russia.