Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Grumpy Old Pharts Board (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Comcast Sucks (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=43453)

stripersnipr 09-06-2007 02:40 PM

Comcast Sucks

August bill $182. September bill $242. I call to ask why the difference and they tell me it's a rate increase. I had the premium service pack which includes all pay movie channels and the Sports / Entertainment package. Fine, I tell them I'm not going to pay $242 a month and I want all pay movie channels and the Sports Entertainment Package removed. They remove it and the new bill is $188 per month. Bottom line I had absolutely everything in August for 182 per month and now have bare bones digital with internet for $188. They $uck.

Sluggoslinger 09-06-2007 03:24 PM

I'll take any chance I can to chime in and agree that they suck!

They wanted to put a fiber optic internet system in one of my centers and I had soooo much fun making their life hell. They still haven't done it.

Slipknot 09-06-2007 04:12 PM

get Verizon and save a ton of dough
I did
we don't miss comcast one bit
the picture quality is better too
I switched mostly because they regrouped the NFL channel into a sports package, I was paying too much already, they were not going to get another dime for all their idiotic price increases anymore. If they waste money and raise prices to make up for it, I go elsewhere. :zup: screw them

stripersnipr 09-06-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 522616)
get Verizon and save a ton of dough
I did
we don't miss comcast one bit
the picture quality is better too
I switched mostly because they regrouped the NFL channel into a sports package, I was paying too much already, they were not going to get another dime for all their idiotic price increases anymore. If they waste money and raise prices to make up for it, I go elsewhere. :zup: screw them

I'd love to but not available in my hood.

baldwin 09-06-2007 07:49 PM

Quit watching TV and get out fishing.

Raven 09-14-2007 06:07 AM

charter communications sucks more

they shut you off on christmas morning even though
you paid your bill on the 19th of december.:wall:

they are the grinch and their prices are the highest.

Bernzy 09-14-2007 10:34 AM

About 6 months ago I told ComCast to kiss my furry butt. I went with Dish Network and a DSL.
The TV picture is better and the DSL is faster. Plus I'm saving about $100.00 a month.

Bernzy

stripersnipr 09-14-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernzy (Post 524908)
About 6 months ago I told ComCast to kiss my furry butt. I went with Dish Network and a DSL.
The TV picture is better and the DSL is faster. Plus I'm saving about $100.00 a month.

Bernzy

What about internet service?

Bernzy 09-14-2007 11:58 AM

The DSL is through AT&T