Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone turning pens? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=97694)

nightfighter 10-10-2021 07:38 AM

Anyone turning pens?

I have come into possession of a lot of pen making kits and materials. As soon as I can sort and figure out what is there, it will all be priced to go at a steep discount.... Tools as well; lathe, drill press, Dremels. Someone could get busy for holiday gifts or craft fairs....

More as soon as I sort through the plastic containers that are currently filling up my box truck

The Dad Fisherman 10-10-2021 11:13 AM

I’ve dabbled in it, I may be interested in some stuff.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

piemma 10-10-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1215499)
I have come into possession of a lot of pen making kits and materials. As soon as I can sort and figure out what is there, it will all be priced to go at a steep discount.... Tools as well; lathe, drill press, Dremels. Someone could get busy for holiday gifts or craft fairs....

More as soon as I sort through the plastic containers that are currently filling up my box truck

What the Hell!!! U quitin'?

nightfighter 10-10-2021 12:43 PM

No, Paul. All stuff I took possession of for someone to offload.

Easily $2500.00 worth of wood blanks (all species and colors) and supplies from PSI. Maybe more. Many different pen style hardware, drill bits, cutoff saws, jigs to cut to size, stopper kits, it goes on and on. Polishing machine. Stuff I had never heard of. thinking maybe 600 for the lot. It is three or four large plastic containers....

nightfighter 10-10-2021 07:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some of the lot available;

nightfighter 10-10-2021 07:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More... I need some help here. Any ideas on where to show this? .25/1.00 as a lot....

nightfighter 10-10-2021 07:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OCD?

Higgie 10-11-2021 08:38 PM

Table saw?

nightfighter 10-12-2021 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgie (Post 1215619)
Table saw?

Not exactly... Two mini cut off saws with 6"x6" tables

But, This is a TOTAL set up for anyone who is going to be turning pens. Lathe, drill press, sharpening wheel, centering jigs, assembling jigs/press, dedicated polishing machine... It goes on and on. Just look through the Penn State Industries website for all the accessories. I think this woman bought everything possible. So many blanks and kits that if I have to inventory, the price will go up. Really needs to go as a lot to the right individual. If nothing interest in a week or two off to a store, a school, or a pawn shop.

JohnR 10-12-2021 07:58 AM

Microlures ; )

nightfighter 10-12-2021 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1215633)
Microlures ; )

I could set you right up! Have you turning pens at the Church Christmas bazaars this coming weekend.......Display cases in clear and rosewood.:bshake:

nightfighter 10-12-2021 08:26 AM

Allow me to entice you some more...

https://gano.name/shawn/pens/

Rockfish9 10-12-2021 11:53 AM

I make a few for gifts every year, I have a ton of mandrels and jigs as well as kits and materials, the stuff aint cheap.. good luck selling it someone will buy it.

Guppy 10-12-2021 03:42 PM

Drill press….. :drevil:

nightfighter 10-12-2021 05:47 PM

Here is what I am thinking. Blanks, kits, mandrels, drill bits, cut off saws, assembly press, centering drill jig, basically any do dads you can see on the Penn State Industries site; $600
Commander 10" lathe, bench top drill press, bench top grinder/sharpener, Ryobi 16" scroll saw rotary polisher, any turning tools chisels I uncover $400

Someone expressed interest in just the wood, but that would be leaving me selling a car with no wheels...This is a complete set up to get someone making pens immediately with no other tools needed.

I feel we have priced the first lot at 25 cents on the dollar, and the tools around 33 cents on the dollar.

nightfighter 10-13-2021 05:33 PM

Local contractor came over with his son who is into pens, knives and some other exotic stuff. We came to a price for most of the lot. I still have bench grinder, scroll saw, and drill press to list. Keeping the bench sander.