Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Sports Talk - Title Town (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   2011/2012 English Premier League (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=73391)

Clogston29 05-13-2012 10:58 AM

Wow. Don't like the result but that was entertainment.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

numbskull 05-13-2012 11:08 AM

WOW!

mosholu 05-13-2012 09:29 PM

Great end to the season! Watching the highlights I feel sorry for Bolton as the first Stoke goal was clearly a foul on the keeper. Barton should be cut by QPR and if not the league should give him at least a ten game suspension.

Clogston29 05-14-2012 03:39 PM

once he got the red, flipping out and trying to take someone with him was actually probably a smart move. luckily for city, someone grabbed ballotelli because he was on his way off the bench. i think micah richards got between them, so at least he contributed something towards the end of the season.

mosholu 05-16-2012 12:02 PM

Liverpool sack Kenny. Let the games begin. Just shows how little winning the Carling Cup means.

luds 05-17-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosholu (Post 939249)
Liverpool sack Kenny. Let the games begin. Just shows how little winning the Carling Cup means.

Don't think it will happen but that is where I would like to see the special one. would be very interesting.

Chunkah 05-17-2012 06:12 PM

Liverpool is linked to a lot of candidates...Martinez, Rodgers, AVB, Pardew, Capello, Guardiola, Benitez. Some reports say Txiki Begiristain will be named as Director of Football in the next few days....if that's true, Guardiola could be a perfect fit.

numbskull 05-18-2012 12:30 PM

I can't see Guardiola getting involved with Liverpool. He just burned out coaching the best team in the world and his preferred style of play is not something Liverpool could likely pull off.

I think they may shy away from a big name manager who would demand another big outlay in the transfer market. Rather, I suspect they will go with an organizer type, some one like Martin O'Neill, who can get the most out of what they have already bought. If Chelsea cuts Dimatteo loose, they might go after him as well.

Chunkah 05-19-2012 09:47 AM

I read somewhere DiMatteo has the Lazio job lined up if he isn't asked to stay at Chelsea. I have the feeling it will be AVB or Martinez that gets the Liverpool job.

luds 05-20-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunkah (Post 939726)
I read somewhere DiMatteo has the Lazio job lined up if he isn't asked to stay at Chelsea. I have the feeling it will be AVB or Martinez that gets the Liverpool job.

Someone would want AVB right now? To me he goes back to the minors.

I get the impression Guardiola needs a few yeas away from the game.

Clogston29 05-20-2012 08:20 PM

Very happy for drogba and czeck. Not a big chelsea fan, but two class players came up big.

mosholu 05-21-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clogston29 (Post 940022)
Very happy for drogba and czeck. Not a big chelsea fan, but two class players came up big.

I agree. Would be interesting if both squads had full team. Torres,did himself no favors whining after the game. Best part of Chelsea's win is spurs getting no CL.

Chunkah 05-21-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luds (Post 939986)
Someone would want AVB right now? To me he goes back to the minors.

I get the impression Guardiola needs a few yeas away from the game.

I agree about AVB, but then again, who knows, he had an outstanding reputation before the Chelski debacle....maybe it was just that locker room? I'd think Liverpool could do better, but it seems all the young coaches (apparently they want to go young) are turning them down.

Chunkah 05-21-2012 03:27 PM

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Chelsea as Torres and Drogba both look to be gone, and DiMatteo still waiting to hear if he gets the job.

mosholu 05-23-2012 06:48 PM

mosholu 05-23-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosholu (Post 940612)

Barton gets a 12 game suspension. News story says QPR want to cut him but he has three years left on his contract at 4 million a year. They will try to sell him in January if there are any takers.

Chunkah 05-31-2012 02:40 PM

Rodgers new LFC manager....hoping van Gaal or Txiki Begeristain gets DOF.

mosholu 06-01-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunkah (Post 941798)
Rodgers new LFC manager....hoping van Gaal or Txiki Begeristain gets DOF.

Kind of seems backward to me. Wouldn't you want to have the DOF in place to make sure he and the coach were on the same page on how to take the club forward.