Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Look at this abomination (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=71880)

JohnnySaxatilis 06-24-2011 08:12 PM

Look at this abomination

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone ever caught a fish that looked like this? I did about 3 years ago but it was just a schoolie on the n side of the cape, this was on the south today. Things' more crooked than westportmafia's johnson after a trip to the geisha house... on you guessed it 1oz bigfish pencil. with a micobacteriosis or watever the hell that disease is sore on its belly to boot. After letting it go, I felt dumb for not killing it :smash:

Chesapeake Bill 06-24-2011 08:16 PM

It was swimming and surviving well enough to eat your plug...don't feel too bad. If it gets bad enough, nature has a way of dealing with it. We've been seeing quite a few with sores down here in the bay this year.

JohnnySaxatilis 06-24-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesapeake Bill (Post 868020)
It was swimming and surviving well enough to eat your plug...don't feel too bad. If it gets bad enough, nature has a way of dealing with it. We've been seeing quite a few with sores down here in the bay this year.

thing did some flips, and took some drag as well. he was spunky... a spunky abomination :rotf2: ive seen a bunch of fish with the spots as well

chefchris401 06-24-2011 10:21 PM

you like your fish like you like your women huh Johnny??

I caught a 18lb fish last season that visible seal bite marks on both sides of it and missing a good section of its tail, thing hit like a ton of bricks and fought great, figured if it was still feeding and surviving it deserved to be set free.

theres a pic at johnnys b & t in montauk of a fish with face like corkys from the facts of life.

JohnnySaxatilis 06-24-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefchris401 (Post 868040)
you like your fish like you like your women huh Johnny??

theres a pic at johnnys b & t in montauk of a fish with face like corkys from the facts of life.

dude i was there with you when we checked that thing out lol. fugly is how i like my women. less pressure :devil2:

Nebe 06-24-2011 10:38 PM

It has schoolie-osis
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

LT. DAN 2 06-25-2011 04:30 AM

PHP Code:

It has schoolie-osis
Posted from my iPhone
/Mobile device 

Good One!! Nebe...:)

Raven 06-25-2011 06:13 AM

a wierded out one that survived a chemical bath horror

Saltheart 06-25-2011 12:46 PM

I've seen several feformed fish over the years. Hey , could be a mutation or and injury but if the fish is overall strong enough , it keeps living and growing! Lucky fish to live and thrive with those deformities! :)

JohnnySaxatilis 06-25-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 868056)
a wierded out one that survived a chemical bath horror

ha. its like the fish from the simpsons. im suprised i didnt find an extra set of fins

2na 06-25-2011 06:02 PM

I've caught a number of fish with that crook in the back, most recently 2 weeks ago. It was in the 33-35" range, healthy and fought good. It doesn't look normal but it can't be affecting the fish all that much for them to get that big.