Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   backyard wildlife (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98679)

Rmarsh 02-19-2023 05:45 AM

backyard wildlife

Daily visitors......Counted almost a dozen deer in my backyard the other day.....couldnt get my camera out because I was busy spatchcocking a chicken.

piemma 02-19-2023 06:10 AM

Nice shots

Slipknot 02-19-2023 10:40 AM

Beautiful

Hookedagain 02-19-2023 04:42 PM

Is that a recent picture of the buck? Most have shed their antlers already.If he is still holding on to them he is late to the party. Its nice to see them in the yard. We have deer, rabbits, fox and a coyote that visits regularly.

Rmarsh 02-19-2023 05:12 PM

The picture of the buck is from oct.
The deer are in my yard thick......every night.... eating my plants and shrubs...and the ivy growing all around and up my pine trees.

Im okay with that ....but the coyotes will get shot if i get a chance.
Had to rescue my small dog once already. Wife hollered while i was in the shower that two "dogs" were messing with our dog that she had let out just before daylight. I bolted out the back door without getting dressed or even shoes and intervened just in time by scooping up my dog and scaring the crap out of the two coyotes about to pounce on him.
Im sure I left a long lasting impression on them...but theyre dead if and when they return.

Hookedagain 02-20-2023 08:41 PM

I have a big problem with coyotes at the farm that I hunt at. I have as many as 7 together on camera. I have taken several each season but they keep multiplying. The farmer doesn't want me to shoot them, as long as they coyotes are there the deer aren't. The deer decimate his fields. Thats a nice healthy looking deer in your yard.

spence 02-20-2023 11:44 PM

My backyard is like an animal sanctuary. Deer, fox, coyotes, turkey, osprey, hawks, falcons, skunks, groundhogs…if it lives in RI I’ve got it.

Nebe 02-21-2023 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1239278)
My backyard is like an animal sanctuary. Deer, fox, coyotes, turkey, osprey, hawks, falcons, skunks, groundhogs…if it lives in RI I’ve got it.

Even crackheads who crawl in through your window in their underwear
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rmarsh 02-21-2023 05:30 AM

Turkeys....wouldnt leave without the one who got stuck in the garden

https://youtu.be/q-NaVIdMyQ4?t=2

spence 02-21-2023 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1239279)
Even crackheads who crawl in through your window in their underwear
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

She wasn’t wearing underware ;)

piemma 02-21-2023 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1239282)

That's right, she was naked. Right???

Nebe 02-21-2023 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1239282)

:patshelmet: :lama::horse::drevil:

spence 02-21-2023 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1239284)
That's right, she was naked. Right???

Just a tank top with no bra, she left all her clothes in the bathroom next to my bedroom. Poor woman, I hope she got help. I had my cleaning person come the next day and go through the house top to bottom to make sure nothing was left behind.

piemma 02-21-2023 02:40 PM

A younger man would have taken advantage of the situation.:hang:

spence 02-21-2023 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1239291)
A younger man would have taken advantage of the situation.:hang:

Not me that’s for sure. Thank god the police knew who she was. After the event it dawned upon me she could have claimed I beat her up and they would have hauled me away. She was led off in cuffs wearing a pair of my boxer shorts she fished out of a clean clothes basket on the dining room table.

So freaking surreal, at least no one got hurt.

piemma 02-21-2023 03:04 PM

One of the crazier situations we have had.

Rmarsh 02-22-2023 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1239292)
Not me that’s for sure. Thank god the police knew who she was. After the event it dawned upon me she could have claimed I beat her up and they would have hauled me away. She was led off in cuffs wearing a pair of my boxer shorts she fished out of a clean clothes basket on the dining room table.

So freaking surreal, at least no one got hurt.

That is a really great story Spence. Something you will probably remember every detail of forever.

I wont forget about when I pulled over on rt 24 seeing a half naked woman crawling in the breakdown lane..the first hardly coherent words out of her were "He raped me"
I had already touched her by raising her face of the hot asphalt and putting my shirt there. I called state police they came and took over from there. They had no further questions for me. Phew!

spence 02-22-2023 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rmarsh (Post 1239306)
That is a really great story Spence. Something you will probably remember every detail of forever.

I wont forget about when I pulled over on rt 24 seeing a half naked woman crawling in the breakdown lane..the first hardly coherent words out of her were "He raped me"
I had already touched her by raising her face of the hot asphalt and putting my shirt there. I called state police they came and took over from there. They had no further questions for me. Phew!

I’d love to hear a copy of my call to the police. I think she was in the house for 2-3 hours.

Rmarsh 02-22-2023 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1239311)
I’d love to hear a copy of my call to the police. I think she was in the house for 2-3 hours.

No wonder you had to disinfect afterwards!

Rmarsh 02-25-2023 05:50 AM

My crew and I had just started a re-roofing job. I hear loud music coming from the neighbors yard so walked the roof peak to that end of the house.
Young babe next door sunning herself topless. Had to know we were up there...I waved the other guys over to check it out.....and the work came to an abrupt stop....until the show was over.