Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Zogby Poll: Hillary would lose against top Rep Candidates (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=45225)

fishpoopoo 11-27-2007 09:56 AM

Zogby Poll: Hillary would lose against top Rep Candidates

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1393

:tooth:

Quote:

Released: November 26, 2007
Zogby Poll: Obama, Edwards Strong but Clinton Slips Against GOPers

General election match-ups show the New York Senator would lose against every top Republican

UTICA, New York A new Zogby Interactive survey shows Democrat Hillary Clinton of New York would lose to every one of the top five Republican presidential contenders, representing a reversal of fortune for the national Democratic front runner who had led against all prospective GOP opponents earlier this year.

Meanwhile, fellow Democrats Barack Obama of Illinois and John Edwards of North Carolina would defeat or tie every one of the Republicans, this latest survey shows.

[tables omitted - a bit messy cut n paste - FPP]

Figures from the earlier surveys cited in this news release are from Zogby International telephone surveys, including 1,012 likely voters in the July survey and 993 likely voters in the May survey.

The online survey included 9,150 likely voters nationwide, and was conducted Nov. 21?6, 2007. It carries a margin of error of +/?1.0 percentage points.

(11/26/2007)

spence 11-27-2007 09:59 AM

If Hillary and Rudy both get the nod (God forbid) I'd really expect to see a strong third party candidate jump into the fray...

And depending on which side they leaned it could really screw one or the other.

-spence

RIJIMMY 11-27-2007 10:25 AM

its a sad thing no matter what. I cant stand any of them.

The Dad Fisherman 11-27-2007 10:37 AM

VERY sad group of candidates running.

stripersnipr 11-27-2007 10:55 AM

This is why I have always supported Hillarys nomination.:jester:

zimmy 11-27-2007 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 543140)
VERY sad group of candidates running.

any worse than 4 years ago? I think any of em on either side will be a vast improvement over the last 8 years. except maybe kusinich :boots: although that would be amusing for a day or two.

FishHawk 11-28-2007 06:36 AM

It's all about the Supreme Court .

Who ever gets it the most important issue will be the Supreme Court appointments. If the Republicans get in then this country will be more conservative then ever. Hopefully, Obama will get it and the court will be more balanced if he gets in. Just my .02 FishHawk

RIROCKHOUND 11-28-2007 08:42 AM

Sucks that in this political arena, arguably the most experienced candidate on the Dem side (Bill R) is behind the Hill-monster.... (cant stand her)

One poll is just that, one poll... both sides are disjointed and scattered as far as support... I'd agree with Spence (as much as it pains me) a left-leaning indie candidate could put another R in the white house BUT we are a long way away still...

RIJIMMY 11-28-2007 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishHawk (Post 543355)
Who ever gets it the most important issue will be the Supreme Court appointments. If the Republicans get in then this country will be more conservative then ever. Hopefully, Obama will get it and the court will be more balanced if he gets in. Just my .02 FishHawk

more conservative than ever to me is a good thing. Keep the government out of my personal life. :af:

fishpoopoo 11-28-2007 09:22 AM

if barfie osama i mean obama gets elected, we will likely be one step closer to civil war.

Bronko 11-28-2007 10:33 AM

President Barack Hussein Obama.....

I just don't see it. If its a Dem its gonna be Hillary the pig and her husband Bill aka Level III.:bl2: