Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Happy Juneteenth (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96614)

Sea Dangles 06-19-2020 12:09 PM

Happy Juneteenth

Stronger together
💪🏼

RickBomba 06-19-2020 06:49 PM

I think strong people can walk down ramps by themselves, know England is a nuclear contender, know Finland is not a part of Russia, be able to drink water without needing a walker, and realize that McCarthur is not MacGuyver.

Maybe you guys have smarter role models.

This one is brain dead.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Got Stripers 06-19-2020 06:55 PM

Don’t wish the virus on anyone, but apparently Trump doesn’t care as long as he can have his moment, if a few supporters die it’s for a good cause. Can you say desperation, his poll numbers are dismal for “the best president of our lifetime”.

RickBomba 06-19-2020 07:04 PM

Dude,
It’s the perfect example of natural selection.

I encourage all to attend sans masks.

I thought smoking would kill the Redd Hats, but I guess it’s gonna be just dumb luck.

Sea Dangles 06-19-2020 08:59 PM

Guys, find your own thread to bash politics. This is to celebrate Juneteenth.

The Dad Fisherman 06-19-2020 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1195433)

No Chit, just wow. Talk about rent Free.

JohnR 06-20-2020 06:08 AM

I'll bite.

Juneteenth should be a federal holiday (not at the expense of Columbus day) as it marks the day when all slaves were "freed".

I tend to look at other hard dates like the Emancipation Proclamation, or when the actual work was being done by Sherman from Chattanooga to Atlanta to the Sea to Raleigh

Got Stripers 06-20-2020 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1195433)

Yeah sure, but your Potus chose that date and location to hold a rally all his own health experts say is a really bad idea, so no the most abrasive person on this board doesn’t get a pass.

JohnR 06-20-2020 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1195450)
Yeah sure, but your Potus chose that date and location to hold a rally all his own health experts say is a really bad idea, so no the most abrasive person on this board doesn’t get a pass.

It's OK, all the other Health Experts that said it was OK to gather in massive groups over 2 weeks to protest.

wdmso 06-20-2020 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1195451)
It's OK, all the other Health Experts that said it was OK to gather in massive groups over 2 weeks to protest.

Inside no masks close quarters and outside majority with masks moving about yes. their close but the 2 are not remotely the same

Saw one example Trump rally 18x more likely to transmit covid

The protesters are not wanted by the POTUS or many Americans

But Trump has promoted his rally encouraging no masks by his cabinet's example sign wavers and pass out masks and handsantizer , as a ploy to show responsibility.. mixed messages that's an understatement but the Typical trump supporters its:faga: unless Trump says different then its :jump::jump: for joy

Sea Dangles 06-20-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1195450)

Like most liberals you cannot stay focused. I hope you realize that he is also your president dummy.It’s too bad we just can’t celebrate Juneteenth without being political

Got Stripers 06-20-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1195486)
Like most liberals you cannot stay focused. I hope you realize that he is also your president dummy.It’s too bad we just can’t celebrate Juneteenth without being political

You do realize this is a political forum and just because he is my president, doesn’t mean I don’t support him, my opinion of him is the complete opposite of yours. His choice of the date and location opens him and you by association up to criticism, I guess if you didn’t want that post thread to become political, it should have gone elsewhere.

Sea Dangles 06-20-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1195487)
You do realize this is a political forum and just because he is my president, doesn’t mean I don’t support him, my opinion of him is the complete opposite of yours. His choice of the date and location opens him and you by association up to criticism, I guess if you didn’t want that post thread to become political, it should have gone elsewhere.

This is a good example of how much liberals hate black people

Got Stripers 06-20-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1195488)
This is a good example of how much liberals hate black people

You really are stretching for something, I don’t even consider myself a liberal and I embrace all people of all colors, but keep reaching.

Sea Dangles 06-20-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1195489)
You really are stretching for something, I don’t even consider myself a liberal and I embrace all people of all colors, but keep reaching.

Why muddy up a thread about what many blacks consider their Independence Day with partisan banter. Zero respect for dark skin is my guess.

Got Stripers 06-20-2020 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1195491)
Why muddy up a thread about what many blacks consider their Independence Day with partisan banter. Zero respect for dark skin is my guess.

Keep trying, if there is zero respect for the day, it’s the scheduling a rally on that day and at that location. You of course see Trump as never doing anything wrong, your arguments are of course always amusing.

On a side note, anyone signing a Covid-19 waiver in order to attend a rally to hear about how Covid-19 isn’t a big deal anymore, is a special kind of stupid.

Sea Dangles 06-20-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1195492)
Keep trying, if there is zero respect for the day, it’s the scheduling a rally on that day and at that location. You of course see Trump as never doing anything wrong, your arguments are of course always amusing.

On a side note, anyone signing a Covid-19 waiver in order to attend a rally to hear about how Covid-19 isn’t a big deal anymore, is a special kind of stupid.

I am sure you can start a thread if it upsets you rather than spit in the face of those who show respect. ✊ there will never be equality when fools inject politics for personal gain.
Black lives matter

Got Stripers 06-20-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1195494)
I am sure you can start a thread if it upsets you rather than spit in the face of those who show respect. ✊ there will never be equality when fools inject politics for personal gain.
Black lives matter

That’s rich, said the guy who has spit in the face and disrespected almost every person frequenting this board, but wait you don’t even stop there, you throw your vile crap on to family members and beyond. I have zero respect for you or the BS horse you road in on, you posted a thread which by its name and Trumps scheduling opened it up to criticism, pull up your skirt and look hard there might be a set hiding there.

Sea Dangles 06-20-2020 05:01 PM

This thread was about showing some respect to a race which has been oppressed for hundreds of years and recognizing their independence. Too bad you had to make it about you. Done here with your racism.
👋
Keep on criticizing Juneteenth.

Got Stripers 06-20-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1195499)
This thread was about showing some respect to a race which has been oppressed for hundreds of years and recognizing their independence. Too bad you had to make it about you. Done here with your racism.
👋
Keep on criticizing Juneteenth.

You suggesting your taking the high road is f*cking hilarious, you have lived on the low road for as long as I’ve been posting here. I’m not criticizing Juneteenth, just the best president of our lifetime picking that day and that spot to hold a rally where he will do what he does best, divide and promote exactly what he probably hopes will happen outside.

Good try, but hey I applaud your attempt to make my post something it wasn’t.

Sea Dangles 06-20-2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1195504)
You suggesting your taking the high road is f*cking hilarious, you have lived on the low road for as long as I’ve been posting here. I’m not criticizing Juneteenth, just the best president of our lifetime picking that day and that spot to hold a rally where he will do what he does best, divide and promote exactly what he probably hopes will happen outside.

Good try, but hey I applaud your attempt to make my post something it wasn’t.

So I recognize Juneteenth.
You take that opportunity to make it about OUR President for some reason (TDS).
You refuse to yield nor join me in my tribute.
But I made your post something it wasn’t.🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
I get it.
F the blacks and their holiday
Trump lives in your head and you can’t escape it long enough to show some civility. Nor resist the urge to display your bias.

spence 06-20-2020 06:17 PM

Quit stirring the pot Chris.

Sea Dangles 06-20-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1195510)
Quit stirring the pot Chris.

When he says Happy Juneteenth
If he doesn’t say it, you know what happens next.

scottw 06-21-2020 06:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I bought this last year....only example I've seen in 30 some years of doing what I do and the earliest Emancipation item in pottery/porcelain item I've seen....this is the first date of Emancipation following the British Slavery Abolition Act 1833 which began in the British West Indies, interesting to read about because it wasn't full Emancipation till 1838 most continued to work under apprenticeships till 1838...

Juneteenth should be a National holiday:kewl:

JohnR 06-21-2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1195460)
Inside no masks close quarters and outside majority with masks moving about yes. their close but the 2 are not remotely the same

Saw one example Trump rally 18x more likely to transmit covid

The protesters are not wanted by the POTUS or many Americans

But Trump has promoted his rally encouraging no masks by his cabinet's example sign wavers and pass out masks and handsantizer , as a ploy to show responsibility.. mixed messages that's an understatement but the Typical trump supporters its:faga: unless Trump says different then its :jump::jump: for joy

It is the same. Ten thousand people in a confined space for 4 hours in one session versus a million people over two weeks in multiple sessions in many locations with some distancing and some mask wearing.

One side gets hammered by the press and medical profs and the other side gets hugs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1195534)
I bought this last year....only example I've seen in 30 some years of doing what I do and the earliest Emancipation item in pottery/porcelain item I've seen....this is the first date of Emancipation following the British Slavery Abolition Act 1833 which began in the British West Indies, interesting to read about because it wasn't full Emancipation till 1838 most continued to work under apprenticeships till 1838...

Juneteenth should be a National holiday:kewl:

Very interesting.

Also interesting, France and England abolished slavery at different times but still somewhat before the US. But when France and Britain hold their noses at us one must remember they stopped it just before we did and they were responsible for it in the Americas.

England stopped the Slave Trade in the early 1800s but did not abolish it until 1833.

France abolished slavery in 1798?? but Bonaparte restarted and it lasted another 30 years.

England started the West Africa Squadron early 1800s to STOP slave ships from Africa to the Americas (vast majority NOT to the USA) and the US Navy started assisting them a dozen years later.

The USS Constitution was the US Navy's Flagship of a couple Anti- Slavery patrols and captured a Slaver on her last actual tour of Duty as a combatant.

So Western slavery, which existed for over a 1000 years (total 10,000 years??) was being (finally) exhaustively strangled during the 1800s. France and England beat us by a couple decades, the decreed it, we had to go to war to stop it.

scottw 06-21-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1195548)

Very interesting.

a friend of mine has the largest private collection of anti-slavery ceramics in the country...it is fascinating...some of the items are here

http://www.chipstone.org/images.php/...7%E2%80%931865

if you have some time to peruse it's really worth a look

spence 06-21-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1195548)
It is the same. Ten thousand people in a confined space for 4 hours in one session versus a million people over two weeks in multiple sessions in many locations with some distancing and some mask wearing.

One side gets hammered by the press and medical profs and the other side gets hugs.

On one side you have people protesting for change the country thinks necessary, the other an event organized to stroke a fragile man's ego.

Not quite the same.

Sea Dangles 06-21-2020 05:57 PM

Which is a better cause for stupidity?
Apples and oranges Jeff

JohnR 06-21-2020 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1195587)
On one side you have people protesting for change the country thinks necessary, the other an event organized to stroke a fragile man's ego.

Not quite the same.

I don't think there should have been a rally, and I don't think there should have been protests that go against what was considered THEN necessary precautions (masks and six feet). I do not condone the violence.

With that said it sounds like, For You, it is OK for the people protesting to conduct their First Amendment right to peacefully assemble but not OK for Trump Supporters First Amendment right to peacefully assemble.

Sea Dangles 06-21-2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1195599)
I don't think there should have been a rally, and I don't think there should have been protests that go against what was considered THEN necessary precautions (masks and six feet). I do not condone the violence.

With that said it sounds like, For You, it is OK for the people protesting to conduct their First Amendment right to peacefully assemble but not OK for Trump Supporters First Amendment right to peacefully assemble.

This is a keen observation that any snowflake will dismiss as context