Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   DIY - Forum (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Latest and greatest (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98004)

Got Stripers 03-21-2022 01:49 PM

Latest and greatest

2 Attachment(s)
This owl sitting on a stack of library books came out pretty good, once the weather gets to a point it's in the 50's I can get a couple coats of sealer on it and get her up on Yahoo Marketplace, pm me if anyone is interested. Make a great welcome to a town library.

Got Stripers 04-02-2022 01:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got a couple 50 degree days to get two coats of sealant on these two, both will be going up on Yahoo marketplace in the next couple days.

Rmarsh 04-03-2022 07:24 AM

Great work Bob!....any idea how many man hours you got into those works of art? Not that it matters.... because you obviously enjoy doing it.

Got Stripers 04-03-2022 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rmarsh (Post 1225103)
Great work Bob!....any idea how many man hours you got into those works of art? Not that it matters.... because you obviously enjoy doing it.

Too many for what I usually get paid would be the honest answer, but it's typically a minimum of ten hours and in the case of these two due to the detail probably closer to 15 if I added it all up. Both are up on Yahoo marketplace if anyone is interested and I almost kept the striper relief carving as it obviously is a killer themed piece for a striper fisherman.

Rmarsh 04-03-2022 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1225104)
Too many for what I usually get paid would be the honest answer, but it's typically a minimum of ten hours and in the case of these two due to the detail probably closer to 15 if I added it all up. Both are up on Yahoo marketplace if anyone is interested and I almost kept the striper relief carving as it obviously is a killer themed piece for a striper fisherman.

I get it. It's really not about making money I know.....cant even guess how many hours I spent building my boat.......Its about learning and the satisfaction of seeing something built with your own hands come to life.

piemma 04-03-2022 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1225082)
Finally got a couple 50 degree days to get two coats of sealant on these two, both will be going up on Yahoo marketplace in the next couple days.

You are the master Bob.

Got Stripers 11-16-2022 03:11 PM

Took seven months but the owl finally found a new home, sometimes it takes awhile to find the right person willing to pay for the hours you put in. The striper relief carving is still available if someone wants that original man cave sculpture, maybe a few hints to your better half’s guys wink wink.