Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   What's On Tap? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=82802)

Sea Dangles 06-27-2013 10:39 PM

What's On Tap?

Nothing beats beer from the keg and I tried a couple of quality recently.The Ommegang BPA is a Belgian Pale Ale that was a very good brew,I also tried a saison brewed in RI that was really tasty,Foolproof Brewing from Pawtucket...better than Revival Saison IMO which is also RI brewed. Anybody found their summer beer yet?

The Dad Fisherman 06-28-2013 04:58 AM

Tried the Foolproof IPA in a can up here, it was really good...got the American Ale and the porter to try this weekend.

Found a bar in Newburyport that has Racer 5 and Kentucky Bourbon ale on Tap.....makes a Mean Shephards Pie too...

onsetangler 06-28-2013 11:21 AM

Racer 5 has been my go to lately, I manage a liquor store so I think there will be a keg at my sisters fiances bachelor party next month!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

MikeD 06-28-2013 01:39 PM

Was in Local 149 (Old Farragut House in Southie) last Friday night and they had a few gems on the rotating taps. Trillium Farmhouse ale and a Lagunitas called Boston Fusion. Trillium is the new brewery on Congress st. and the Lagunitas was a limited keg release where they used input from a bunch of Boston beer people. Both were very good. Liked the Lagunitas the best.

They have that Ommegang on tap there as well, I'll have to give it a try next time.

Moses 06-28-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1004387)
Found a bar in Newburyport that has Racer 5 and Kentucky Bourbon ale on Tap.....makes a Mean Shephards Pie too...

Which establishment? I tried that Kentucky Bourbon Ale on a recent business trip and am hooked!! Any local liquor stores sell it around MA?

The Dad Fisherman 06-29-2013 08:01 AM

They have it at Georgetown Liqours ....pretty local for me :hee:

The Port Tavern in Newburyport has it on tap

Higgie 07-04-2013 08:22 PM

Just had a great divide Titan on tap was good but then followed it up with a jacks abbey hoponius union and an Ithaca flower power. I think the abbey is putting out some great beers and the hoponius is amazing on tap

blondterror 07-05-2013 01:22 AM

Enjoying some British Country Cask beers (bitters) last night in London. Served in pint glasses. The pub last night had 4 separate brews... I tried 3 of them and loved them all.

Sea Dangles 07-05-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgie (Post 1005250)
Just had a great divide Titan on tap was good but then followed it up with a jacks abbey hoponius union and an Ithaca flower power. I think the abbey is putting out some great beers and the hoponius is amazing on tap

Way to get it done Higgie