Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   romney's speech (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=45428)

RIJIMMY 12-07-2007 08:55 AM

romney's speech

I'm not religious at all, but I was pretty impressed with Romney's speech. The guy definitley has presidential qualities and a leadership presence. He seems to stand up for what he believes in and is not trying to be politically correct in everything he says. I can't say I am supporting him, but I will take him more seriosuly now.

spence 12-07-2007 09:57 AM

I thought it came off as pretty contrived, as in a tell them what they want to hear sort of way.

Besides...I'm done with Mitt. His flip flopping on gays was pretty pathetic. Soon he'll be photographed goose hunting in Filson head to toe.

-spence

stripersnipr 12-07-2007 10:02 AM

All speechs are contrived.

RIJIMMY 12-07-2007 10:53 AM

spence, I liked the refernces to the foudning fathers and Sam Adam's prayer comments. I guess it can be looked at as pandering to the religious folks, and I think that is risky. but as a non-religious person I found it inspirational. He attacked no one (candidates) and spke about himself as am america, contived, maybe, but when the last time we have heard a speec from any plitical candiditate that did not attack someone else? It was a positive message.

RIJIMMY 12-07-2007 10:53 AM

i have to take some typing lessons......

spence 12-07-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripersnipr (Post 545598)
All speechs are contrived.

Huckabee isn't contrived.

-spence

striperman36 12-07-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 545615)
spence, I liked the refernces to the foudning fathers and Sam Adam's prayer comments. I guess it can be looked at as pandering to the religious folks, and I think that is risky. but as a non-religious person I found it inspirational. He attacked no one (candidates) and spke about himself as am america, contived, maybe, but when the last time we have heard a speec from any plitical candiditate that did not attack someone else? It was a positive message.

90 pct was taken in context from Kennedy's speech 40 years ago.
Romney ain't no Kennedy

mekcotuit 12-08-2007 08:16 PM

Just keep repeating this mantra:

Mitt, Mitt, full of __i t.

not just this speech but consider all his yammering since he ran for the Senate against Ted K way back when...

Swimmer 12-09-2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striperman36 (Post 545623)
90 pct was taken in context from Kennedy's speech 40 years ago.
Romney ain't no Kennedy

Your right there. He never had sex with Judith Exner(JFK), a mob bosses girlfriend, nor has he driven an unsuspecting blond into four feet of water and not had the balls to go back and rescue her.

striperman36 12-09-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 546003)
Your right there. He never had sex with Judith Exner(JFK), a mob bosses girlfriend, nor has he driven and unsuspecting blond into four feet of water and not had the balls to go back and rescue her.

That we know of funny. The guy is the model of molding yourself to fit the situation. Clinton was the same way.

sokinwet 12-09-2007 03:10 PM

Don't forget who tried to take the MA dedicated F&W funds and put it in the general fund; would have happened if it wasn't for the fed reg's that would have pulled all Pittman Robinson, etc. funds from MA.

striperman36 12-09-2007 05:49 PM

and witheld pink sheet money from local munies.

garyb 12-23-2007 08:41 PM

ron paul is the only replublican who wants to get us out of iraq ! voting for any other one says'' you agree with Bush''......this country needs a overall fast

LT. DAN 2 12-24-2007 06:13 AM

If Ron Paul got in...he would be shoveling SH_T against an incoming Bay of Fundy tide with the current House and Senate we unfortunately elected.
He has some great ideas but Tim Russett was tough on him Sunday on Meet the Press...I don't think that interview enhanced his chances.

Raven 12-24-2007 06:23 AM

my opinion

is: that we are not electing a president of the planet earth

but Americans
electing a President of the "United States of America"

who's primary Mission is protect our country and its citizens.

so far... he' still the best of the bunch as motley as they all are.

Jenn 12-27-2007 06:16 PM

[QUOTE=RIJIMMY;545583] He seems to stand up for what he believes in QUOTE]

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

...yeah .....after he's done changing his mind!!!!

fishpoopoo 12-27-2007 10:01 PM

[QUOTE=Jenn;550130]
Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 545583)
He seems to stand up for what he believes in QUOTE]

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

...yeah .....after he's done changing his mind!!!!

+1

Swimmer 12-30-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striperman36 (Post 546018)
That we know of funny. The guy is the model of molding yourself to fit the situation. Clinton was the same way.

Your right about that.