Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Muzik (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Can never have too much Trower (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=80986)

sokinwet 02-02-2013 10:34 PM

Can never have too much Trower

Just started doing this one with the band...a real get em on their feet tune...and a blast to play & sing!

Robin Trower Somebody Calling 1977 - YouTube

Slingah 02-02-2013 10:56 PM

here are some mini interviews and his set up etc. you might like sokinwet, if you haven't seen already....

Robin Trower official Youtube - YouTube

Slingah 02-02-2013 10:57 PM

one off the new disc....
Robin Trower - Hound Dog [Official] - YouTube

Slingah 02-02-2013 11:28 PM

this thread made me order a uni-vibe pedal :uhuh:

sokinwet 02-02-2013 11:32 PM

Hadn't seen that Slingah. Very cool site.. Trower is one of those players that's instantly recognizable; tough to come close to his tone through a Fender type amp. I have played through the Fulltone RT OD....didn't make me sound like Trower! ;-) PS: My drummer is a lawyer...picked up a divorce score; an 88 American Standard Strat, Peavey 2x10, Dunlop Wah and a Korg Flanger for $450. :-) I can come close to the intro sound with the flanger but generally I just use a chorus and some harmonics with a dose of the wammy bar. Too many pedals can be a PITA.

ProfessorM 02-03-2013 09:30 AM

Slingha and I saw and met him after the show at Berklee a couple years ago. Great show. He sounded as good as he did long ago. Would go again for sure.

My fav

Robin Trower - Bluebird - Recorded in 1977 - YouTube

Slingah 02-03-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sokinwet (Post 983108)
Hadn't seen that Slingah. Very cool site.. Trower is one of those players that's instantly recognizable; tough to come close to his tone through a Fender type amp. I have played through the Fulltone RT OD....didn't make me sound like Trower! ;-) PS: My drummer is a lawyer...picked up a divorce score; an 88 American Standard Strat, Peavey 2x10, Dunlop Wah and a Korg Flanger for $450. :-) I can come close to the intro sound with the flanger but generally I just use a chorus and some harmonics with a dose of the wammy bar. Too many pedals can be a PITA.

what a deal on the stuff you got!
I bought this pedal to give it a shot. I'll pair up with my MXR Carbon Copy and see what comes out
MOEN Ulite Jimi Zero Vibe Chord test - YouTube

rphud 02-03-2013 12:57 PM

here is some more of that Trower sound

Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs - YouTube

p.s. I knew you would post up Bluebird.

sokinwet 02-03-2013 01:48 PM

Robin Trower | Caledonia - YouTube

We should have this one ready to go 2/22 @ the Banner Irish Pub in Rockland. A beer on me for anyone who stops by!

Slingah 02-06-2013 06:07 PM

man, Jim Dewar had just a great voice....too bad he left us so early.