Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Boat Fishing & Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Upgrades (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94905)

Sea Dangles 03-19-2019 08:48 PM

Upgrades

I am thinking of making a couple for the season. I would like to add curtains to my t top,right now it’s a 3sided but early and late season It would be nice to have more coverage. Also looking for an upgrade to my electronics to better pick up fish as well as the bottom in deeper water.

Anybody else got some upgrades planned?

Raider Ronnie 03-20-2019 05:32 AM

A for sale sign
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Guppy 03-20-2019 05:47 AM

The trailer is at the end of it’s road......pulled the wheels yesterday

Thinking radar but pretty sure this is the last season with this boat...

She’s getting ready to kill me.... :smash:

Ian 03-20-2019 06:54 AM

Need new tires on the trailer, have a box of drum brake replacements downstairs... this year we’ll decide if the old motor + this decaying trailer will force the hand into a 23’, because that’s a lot cheaper than a new trailer, or at least that’s what I’ve been able to convince my wife of.

Radar is always on the list, but then I go and do something stupid like buying a new house :shrug: so we’ll see.

Also need 1-2 more flush mount rod holders. So I’ll do that some time this spring.

Finally, I bought an analog converter for engine data last year on the used market, I’d like to fidget around with getting that to work so I can use the digital stuff on my plotter for engine data.

Sea Dangles 03-20-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1164124)
A for sale sign

Something new or boatlessRonnie?

MakoMike 03-20-2019 11:28 AM

I keep threatening to upgrade my radar, butI'll probably just keep using the old one until it dies.

nightfighter 03-20-2019 11:39 AM

I was hoping to see that Chris was moving up to bigger, so I could swoop in and buy his current ride.....

Raider Ronnie 03-20-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1164140)
Something new or boatlessRonnie?

Bigger Downeast 33-35 ft is in the plans.
Leo has 1 more year at Ma Maritime
Planning for then.
Younger son Matty going there also starting next year 👍

Sea Dangles 03-21-2019 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1164189)
Bigger Downeast 33-35 ft is in the plans.
Leo has 1 more year at Ma Maritime
Planning for then.
Younger son Matty going there also starting next year 👍

A neighbor’s son goes to the maritime Ronnie and is a lineman on the football team. Mills is his name,good boy.

Raider Ronnie 03-21-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1164209)
A neighbor’s son goes to the maritime Ronnie and is a lineman on the football team. Mills is his name,good boy.

Leo plays football.

Rockfish9 03-22-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 1164125)
The trailer is at the end of it’s road......pulled the wheels yesterday

Thinking radar but pretty sure this is the last season with this boat...

She’s getting ready to kill me.... :smash:

I put radar on last year, I can't believe I fished so m as my years at night without it, makes those creepy crawly kyakers that refuse to use lights visible in the dark.

wdmso 03-24-2019 07:46 AM

TRIM TABS this year looking to smooth out that afternoon bay chop.. motor trim alone isn't cutting it

JFigliuolo 03-24-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1164401)
TRIM TABS this year looking to smooth out that afternoon bay chop.. motor trim alone isn't cutting it

Best money you will spend...

bassballer 03-25-2019 08:47 AM

Put the painting on hold another year due to budget restraints. Last year did new Raymarine axiom and quantum radar thanks to Raymarine program hooking me up. I only got the 7" so I Need to add another axiom screen. Might do new sunbrella for the bed cushion underneath.

piemma 03-25-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Put them on my boat I sold. Best investment I ever made.
Made any sea a breeze.

Ian 03-25-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

If you get electric tabs, test the actuators before you install them. I 5200’d them to my Hull last year and got out on the water with a faulty actuator... that sucked.

wdmso 03-26-2019 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 1164477)
If you get electric tabs, test the actuators before you install them. I 5200’d them to my Hull last year and got out on the water with a faulty actuator... that sucked.

Thanks... I will.. sounds like my kinda of luck

Guppy 03-26-2019 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1164481)
Thanks... I will.. sounds like my kinda of luck

Luck?

Rockfish9 03-26-2019 05:04 PM

Ordered a,garmin pantopix live scope to pair with the Garmin 94sv input on last year. ..

niko 03-26-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

get big ones

nightfighter 03-26-2019 08:07 PM

Chit... I am getting nothing, and even launching this season is up in the air. Knee replacement is pending. Hoping for a scheduled surgery date this Thursday so I have some idea what the next six months might look like....

Guppy 03-27-2019 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1164573)
Chit... I am getting nothing, and even launching this season is up in the air. Knee replacement is pending. Hoping for a scheduled surgery date this Thursday so I have some idea what the next six months might look like....

90 days you’ll be up and runnin... :walk:

wdmso 04-21-2019 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko (Post 1164568)
get big ones

Got the 9x12

wdmso 04-28-2019 01:56 PM

update on Tabs seems there is an issue with the module that controls the Tabs it interferes with the VHF and FM radio (saw the issue on the hulltruth ) and sure enough mine does the same thing .. issues goes away once you kill the power to the module

Be calling Bennett on Monday from what i have read their Customer service is top notch .. keeping my fingers crossed :shocked:

Guppy 04-28-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1166398)
update on Tabs seems there is an issue with the module that controls the Tabs it interferes with the VHF and FM radio (saw the issue on the hulltruth ) and sure enough mine does the same thing .. issues goes away once you kill the power to the module

Be calling Bennett on Monday from what i have read their Customer service is top notch .. keeping my fingers crossed :shocked:

Geeees, good luck Wayne, that sucks

Sea Dangles 04-28-2019 05:30 PM

Hope you can figure that one out as you end up using the tabs more often than you think.

ivanputski 04-28-2019 06:05 PM

I hope to finally, after 12 years, read the manual to my fish finder/gps.

No idea how to really use it... alway showing false fish icons when no bait or fish are present... and I never mark spots and return to them successfully.

Yeah .... I know......... Look guys, I'm a surfcaster who owns a boat. who should still have a flip phone.

wdmso 04-29-2019 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivanputski (Post 1166405)
I hope to finally, after 12 years, read the manual to my fish finder/gps.

No idea how to really use it... alway showing false fish icons when no bait or fish are present... and I never mark spots and return to them successfully.

Yeah .... I know......... Look guys, I'm a surfcaster who owns a boat. who should still have a flip phone.

I had the same issue with my fish finder the cause was there were no fish under the boat. Then one day I saw a banana looking things and the rod bent .. now I know what to look for... calling Bennett today I'll post the results

wdmso 04-29-2019 08:14 AM

Just got off the phone with bennett Marine they are telling me my issues is the power needs to be connected directly to the battery not the helm power even though their Installation direction makes no mention of a direct battery connection or that the provided power wire is only 2 feet long.. seeing i am running a new wire should i just install a new fuse block

Raider Ronnie 04-29-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1166415)
I had the same issue with my fish finder the cause was there were no fish under the boat. Then one day I saw a banana looking things and the rod bent .. now I know what to look for... calling Bennett today I'll post the results

Wow.
Not shocking considering your political views 🤣
Both in Demo mode 🤭