Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Grumpy Old Pharts Board (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   People walking the beach. (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=52396)

FishHawk 10-12-2008 03:33 PM

People walking the beach.

Everytime I fish a beach there are people who walk right behind me when I'm casting. I'm fishing with a flyrod and they can see my backcast but insist on walking right behind me. What the hell is wrong with people. :af: FishHawk.

BigFish 10-13-2008 06:20 AM

They suck! Plain and simple reason is they are plum ignorant! Whats worse is when another fisherman walks up on you on your casting side.....like its o' friggin' k?!!!! :smash:

gone fishin 10-13-2008 10:56 PM

OR when other fishermen cast over your head from the path on the ditch OR when other fishermen cast wildly over your hook up at a blitz!!:mad:

RIROCKHOUND 10-14-2008 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishHawk (Post 628223)
Everytime I fish a beach there are people who walk right behind me when I'm casting. I'm fishing with a flyrod and they can see my backcast but insist on walking right behind me. What the hell is wrong with people. :af: FishHawk.

Yeah.
It sucks when people are out enjoying the shoreline. How dare they. They need a class to educate them on fly fishing so they can walk the beach....
Thats makes them ignorant???

Seeing a backcast, doesn't mean they understand what you are doing, or maybe they didn't notice the line because they assumed your were spin fishing.

Other fisherman should know better.
I agree with all said on being cast over :whackin:
I can be an A-hole with people like that.
But with the general non-fishing public I try to explain so that they don't remain ignorant of what we do.

OLD GOAT 10-14-2008 07:43 AM

clowns

I get a kick out of the fly fishing clowns that don,t care about there fellow humans while back casting. I think its the wardrobe that does it.

likwid 10-14-2008 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD GOAT (Post 628547)
I get a kick out of the fly fishing clowns that don,t care about there fellow humans while back casting. I think its the wardrobe that does it.

Or maybe we're trying to do it on purpose with a half & half and a shooting line.

RIROCKHOUND 10-14-2008 08:27 AM

Then thats more F-ed up then people who didn't know any better walking behind you....

likwid 10-14-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 628558)
Then thats more F-ed up then people who didn't know any better walking behind you....

Could be burmese tiger traps. :hidin:

2 points for tourists
6 points for fellow fishermen

UserRemoved1 10-14-2008 11:05 AM

comeon ted you just like wearing the vest and flicking feathers :bshake:

Backbeach Jake 10-14-2008 11:39 AM

Those Folks who walk the beach

Have every bit the right to be there as we fishermen. And they are in just as much danger of losing access to that beach. It would be to our mutual interest (walkers and fishers) to get our noses out of the air and work together. If an unknowing soul happens to walk behind you, you won't die if you pause and let them pass, honestly. If they stop there, it's a perfect time to say hello and warn them rather than back cast a plug or fly at them. A little conversation won't kill you either. Work together, guys. If we don't, we lose it all.

likwid 10-14-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake (Post 628634)
Work together, guys. If we don't, we lose it all.

Or bury them in the dunes.

Adam_777 10-14-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 628636)
Or bury them in the dunes.

The fly fisherman or the clueless people who can't see the bright pink lines getting backcasted 30 feet.We are doomed in all aspects.We all can't get along.We can't all just work together.Bury them in the dunes could go either way like some of the flyfisherman in p-town.:D

FishnGrega 10-16-2008 03:00 PM

I know what you mean. Last night during a blitz at the beach. this other surfcaster walks right behind me as i'm making a cast. to try and scare him a little i threw a little 1/2 cast. I should have just hooked the dude. Idiot:1poke:

MAC 10-17-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake (Post 628634)
Have every bit the right to be there as we fishermen. And they are in just as much danger of losing access to that beach. It would be to our mutual interest (walkers and fishers) to get our noses out of the air and work together. If an unknowing soul happens to walk behind you, you won't die if you pause and let them pass, honestly. If they stop there, it's a perfect time to say hello and warn them rather than back cast a plug or fly at them. A little conversation won't kill you either. Work together, guys. If we don't, we lose it all.

well put Fred:wave:

nightfighter 10-17-2008 06:36 PM

On the other hand; chasing first light albies at Edgartown Lighthouse a few week back, most anglers were flyfishing, and taking up way too much space between them.Effectively, three flyrodders were taking up an area that five could have easily fished. And there was limited space behind them to get relocate. While I am usually not the first to cast a stone, when I got a dirty look from one particular fisherwoman, I let the whole group of them know that if they didn't tighten up, or make some room, there would be more than Deadly #^&#^&#^&#^&s flying through.......

Backbeach Jake 10-18-2008 02:41 PM

Is a plug thrower who walks behind a flyfisher who's casting any smarter than a non fisher who walks behind a plug thrower? A plug thrower knows enough to wait a second and pass when the fly fisher works his presentation, yet doesn't and bitches about it.:hs:
Bury who in the dunes and for what? Get friggin' real, this bickering and "mine, not yours" attitude is gonna get us ALL banned from the beach. We have a fraction of the access that we enjoyed 40 years ago and it's dwindling fast. Change this forum's name to "Bitchy Old Women"