Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Website Discussion - What's Broke, What's Not, and How to Do It (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   signatures (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=80098)

FinS 32 11-20-2012 08:29 PM

signatures

Today, i logged on through a uiversity computer and i could see all the signatures. On my laptop I cant. any idea why?

iamskippy 11-20-2012 09:21 PM

Same browser Fin?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

FinS 32 11-20-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamskippy (Post 970692)
Same browser Fin?

yep, used the current version of firefox for both

iamskippy 11-20-2012 09:52 PM

If they are both the same version with all updates, i would then look into java updates etc, i dont think the site has a setting. Is there anything showing like a little box with a red X?

FinS 32 11-20-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamskippy (Post 970701)
If they are both the same version with all updates, i would then look into java updates etc, i dont think the site has a setting. Is there anything showing like a little box with a red X?

yep both all updated. im not getting anything just blank space, where they would be. If is didnt go on that computer i would have never thought anything would have been there

iamskippy 11-21-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinS 32 (Post 970705)
yep both all updated. im not getting anything just blank space, where they would be. If is didnt go on that computer i would have never thought anything would have been there

Did you try loading it in a different browser on the pc that isnt showing the sig's?

tysdad115 11-21-2012 08:42 AM

Easy fix- on the home page when you log in click the User CP (top left of page) , scroll down left side of page select Edit Options , scroll down to Thread display options make sure the Show signatures box is checked...do this on whatever one they are not showing on and click save. All set, I'm a freakin IT jenius.

iamskippy 11-21-2012 10:06 AM

Wouldnt that be profile specific not PC specific?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysdad115 (Post 970759)
Easy fix- on the home page when you log in click the User CP (top left of page) , scroll down left side of page select Edit Options , scroll down to Thread display options make sure the Show signatures box is checked...do this on whatever one they are not showing on and click save. All set, I'm a freakin IT jenius.

tysdad115 11-21-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamskippy (Post 970784)
Wouldnt that be profile specific not PC specific?

How the hell should I know? What if his laptop saved specific settings and is blocking that brownie, or cookie or whatever the hell they are called? I don't know anything about this crap! I just found it in the settings when I was trying to block someone named iamskippy...but apparently thats screwed up too.:rotf2:

iamskippy 11-21-2012 12:09 PM

Damn i will remember that, next time the tech support phone rings.

The Dad Fisherman 11-21-2012 12:19 PM

http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000...7147.strip.gif

FinS 32 11-21-2012 12:30 PM

well andy, was right. I'm just a little stupid and must have not actually logged in on the school computer, I just viewed as a guest. went to my settings and amazingly enough the box was unchecked

Yes i'm dumb :smash:

tysdad115 11-21-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamskippy (Post 970802)
Damn i will remember that, next time the tech support phone rings.

Hahaha..I was only kidding, I dont like going back to my old ways, smashing them with hammers and buying a new one.

tysdad115 11-21-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinS 32 (Post 970808)
well andy, was right. I'm just a little stupid and must have not actually logged in on the school computer, I just viewed as a guest. went to my settings and amazingly enough the box was unchecked

Dumb is harsh..I checked the settings and found the option to show signatures but I figured it couldn't be that simple. The equivalent of a blind squirell finding an acorn.

iamskippy 11-21-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinS 32 (Post 970808)

The only dumb thing was me assuming you logged in and not viewed as a guest, there are a lot of features that guests dont get.