Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Muzik (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   New GNR... (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=54615)

tlapinski 01-20-2009 08:13 PM

New GNR...

So, after MANY years of working on it, Axl finally released Chinese Democracy. The title track was ok, but I am really liking the new release, Better, as well as another track I heard on Sirius right after the release. Anyone pick up the new disc?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4r97GNE3V8

basswipe 01-20-2009 09:46 PM

Lame,especially for a 20yr effort.

PS. its been out for close to two months.

5/0 01-21-2009 07:14 PM

Sorry Toby,me no likey Im glad I didn't hold my breath for this,it's just not the same.

tlapinski 01-21-2009 08:15 PM

Not the same as what made them popular or what you would expect after the wait, but I still like it. Without Slash and the rest of the boys it really isn't GNR, I know, but what if this was just some new band named Joe and the Pajama Fish? Would you have a different take on it then? Sort of like Metallica's newest release. Too many people wanted it to be a re-issue of an old album they love and hate if it is anything else.

And thanks Basswipe, I know it didn't just come out. I had the song stuck in my head last night and wanted to see waht others thought.

redcrbbr 01-22-2009 02:47 AM

i still want to beat axl with a wrench.

The Dad Fisherman 01-22-2009 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcrbbr (Post 657266)

I'll hold him down for ya....

fishbones 01-22-2009 10:36 AM

[QUOTE=The Dad Fisherman;657291]I'll hold him down for ya....[/QUOTE

And when Redcrbbr gets tired, I'll take a few swings while he gets his energy back.

I heard the first 2 singles and thought it was crap. The songwriting is just sucky and the music is pretty much what you could get at any club with a $3 cover charge and $4 pitchers of beer. Axl is officially a washed up has been.

Jenn 01-22-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcrbbr (Post 657266)

HA!HA! Can I watch???

Seriously I was never really a huge fan of theirs. Maybe a song here or there but thats about it. All in all I think the radio stations maybe the reason? Thats ALL they play.....even to this day. But to each their own, I know not everyone likes the same stuff!

5/0 01-22-2009 06:48 PM

[QUOTE=tlapinski;657230]Not the same as what made them popular or what you would expect after the wait, but I still like it. Without Slash and the rest of the boys it really isn't GNR, I know, but what if this was just some new band named Joe and the Pajama Fish? Would you have a different take on it then? Sort of like Metallica's newest release. Too many people wanted it to be a re-issue of an old album they love and hate if it is anything else.

No not the same I agree & great point.
Maybe if the song Chinese democracy was Pajama fish party's first song I (we all)might of liked it more vs the well awaited & anticipated newer GNR without half it's members.
I think it was more of a let down,I wanted (like everyone eles)that old school heavy grunge things change but that was a little to much some of the addin in sounds just didn't flow with it seemed like it was an after thought and put in to make it new style.

Metalica
Metalica on the other hand has been a large let down,there Black album grew on me after a few seasons.......Back in 1991!Man IM dating myself,but since then Garage days Inc. which was all remakes of there inspirational artice there's some good stuff on that on but Load & Re-load.......They were just like there Titles A freakin load!
And then there was Saint anger?WTF was that inspired by Prisoners?Sorry couldn't even buy that one!
I have faith that there latest album will be better.
Sorry no offence to any one but Bring Back there old school stuff the one's with real heavy rifs.Kinda like Rage there self titled album was awesome A mix of rap anti gov't heavy bass and some acid mixed into revolutionary music.
I don't mean to rant & rave but I can't find any old school bands with heavy substance un less I look underground.

Bob