Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Rep Trey Gpwdy articulates unanswered questions (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=85903)

buckman 03-05-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1066910)
He wasn't fired, he resigned. It appears that use of private email was a concern but his leadership issues were the big problem.

It was a forced resignation
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

CTSurfrat 03-05-2015 07:18 PM

Do as I say, not as I do...

Sent to Diplomatic and Consular Staff in June 2011, the unclassified cable, with Clinton’s electronic signature, makes clear to “avoid conducting official Department from your personal e-mail accounts” and employees should not “auto-forward Department email to personal email accounts which is prohibited by Department policy.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...yees-while-she

This was done for the sole reason to avoid scrutiny and protect her for a future presidential run.

spence 03-05-2015 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1066918)
It was a forced resignation

Yea but there is a difference.

sburnsey931 03-05-2015 10:02 PM

The existence of Mrs. Clinton’s personal email account was discovered by a House committee investigating the attack on the American Consulate in Benghazi as it sought correspondence between Mrs. Clinton and her aides about the attack.

Two weeks ago, the State Department, after reviewing Mrs. Clinton’s emails, provided the committee with about 300 emails — amounting to roughly 900 pages — about the Benghazi attacks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/us...lags.html?_r=0

How could they possibly have conducted a thorough investigation without The Sec of States correspondence.

When she testified before congress didn't she mention that all of her emails were locked up in her house and give me a year to clean them up and i'll forward them to you.
When the 1st committee received all the data for their investigation no one noticed there wasn't The Sec of States emails...... I say "bull#%&#.

detbuch 03-05-2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sburnsey931 (Post 1066947)
The existence of Mrs. Clinton’s personal email account was discovered by a House committee investigating the attack on the American Consulate in Benghazi as it sought correspondence between Mrs. Clinton and her aides about the attack.

Two weeks ago, the State Department, after reviewing Mrs. Clinton’s emails, provided the committee with about 300 emails — amounting to roughly 900 pages — about the Benghazi attacks.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/us/politics/hillary-clintons-use-of-private-email-at-state-department-raises-flags.html?_r=0[/url

How could they possibly have conducted a thorough investigation without The Sec of States correspondence.

When she testified before congress didn't she mention that all of her emails were locked up in her house and give me a year to clean them up and i'll forward them to you.
When the 1st committee received all the data for their investigation no one noticed there wasn't The Sec of States emails...... I say "bull#%&#.

Spence only invokes the smell test if it applies to Cheney.

PaulS 03-06-2015 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1066910)
He wasn't fired, he resigned. It appears that use of private email was a concern but his leadership issues were the big problem.

I wasn't commenting on the whole thread but the fact that Hillary used the private email account. I heard that it wasn't illegal and that Pres. Obama actually stated that it shouldn't be done (not Hillary specifically but all Sr Gov. ees). I think it is innappropriate for gov. business to be conducted on private accts. Plus the issue of security.

Jim in CT 03-06-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1066964)
I wasn't commenting on the whole thread but the fact that Hillary used the private email account. I heard that it wasn't illegal and that Pres. Obama actually stated that it shouldn't be done (not Hillary specifically but all Sr Gov. ees). I think it is innappropriate for gov. business to be conducted on private accts. Plus the issue of security.

That is a very fair assessment. One more item on a very long list of very questionable decision-making on her part. But I'd vote for her over Senator Warren (Princess Spreading Bull, who me thinks like-um the tee-pee of Great White Chief) any day of the week...

Now, given all the sniper fire she routinely came under as SecState, she was probably too afraid to leave her house to go to work. I still can't fathom how anyone recovers from that lie.

buckman 03-06-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1067003)
That is a very fair assessment. One more item on a very long list of very questionable decision-making on her part. But I'd vote for her over Senator Warren (Princess Spreading Bull, who me thinks like-um the tee-pee of Great White Chief) any day of the week...

Now, given all the sniper fire she routinely came under as SecState, she was probably too afraid to leave her house to go to work. I still can't fathom how anyone recovers from that lie.

Because just like that lie Jim , this story also won't get any serious play by the media . Its just not as important as say .... Someone saying Obama doesn't love his country . You would think it would be seeing how hypocritical this was, as well as dangerous to this country's national security. I'm sure her emails have been scrubbed by now . Trey dropped the ball on this as he knew about this in August .
Complete BS and another reason why I don't think this President does love this country !

Jim in CT 03-06-2015 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1067005)
Because just like that lie Jim , this story also won't get any serious play by the media . Its just not as important as say .... Someone saying Obama doesn't love his country . You would think it would be seeing how hypocritical this was, as well as dangerous to this country's national security. I'm sure her emails have been scrubbed by now . Trey dropped the ball on this as he knew about this in August .
Complete BS and another reason why I don't think this President does love this country !

no one can sit in Rev Wright's church for 20 years, call that man his spiritual advisor, let that man baptize your kids, and truly love what the country stands for. It's not possible. I'm supposed to believe that Obama just happened to skip all those sermons with viscious anti-American rhetoric? Sorry, if I sat in a church led by a white supremacist for 20 years, I cannot claim to love black people. It doesn't make sense.

Nor can one choose to be a political lapdog of Bill Ayers, who tried to bomb the US Capital Building, and love this country.

spence 03-06-2015 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1067005)
Because just like that lie Jim , this story also won't get any serious play by the media.

It's pretty funny you'd make this statement after the Clinton email thing has been one of the dominant news stories of the week. Oh, and broken by your evil NY Times no less.

buckman 03-06-2015 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1067027)
It's pretty funny you'd make this statement after the Clinton email thing has been one of the dominant news stories of the week. Oh, and broken by your evil NY Times no less.

It was ?? I thought Ford's plane crash and the wag the dog Holder move

spence 03-07-2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1067035)
It was ?? I thought Ford's plane crash and the wag the dog Holder move

I love it, Feds uncover massive racial corruption by a government agency and it's of no worth...move along, nothing to see here...

buckman 03-07-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1067061)
I love it, Feds uncover massive racial corruption by a government agency and it's of no worth...move along, nothing to see here...

Massive ??? You're hilarious.
And when the networks report something so obviously negative about this administration they "Spencerize" it. they don't report it

spence 03-07-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1067065)
Massive ??? You're hilarious.
And when the networks report something so obviously negative about this administration they "Spencerize" it. they don't report it

So you're alleging the Clinton story is being buried?

buckman 03-07-2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1067066)
So you're alleging the Clinton story is being buried?

Facing your problem and admitting what you do is a good step. 😊
What the media in general does is add a "but" to every potentially damaging story. There was no "but" when Bush was president. Or either downplay the story or blow it out of proportion ,depending on how it makes the administration look.
You know like calling the Fergason story " massive" but downplaying an obviously corrupt and diabolical Secretary of State.

Nebe 03-07-2015 11:20 AM

Clinton story is being burried?!? How about obamas big trade deal with Asia?? Absolutely no coverage. Why?

buckman 03-07-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1067081)
Clinton story is being burried?!? How about obamas big trade deal with Asia?? Absolutely no coverage. Why?

I can't find anything either . Maybe "big" is a stretch

spence 03-07-2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1067067)
You know like calling the Fergason story " massive" but downplaying an obviously corrupt and diabolical Secretary of State.

Ferguson - corrupt system shaking down black people to fund the city.

Clinton - tells agency to release all emails

Obviously corrupt and diabolical.

spence 03-07-2015 01:20 PM

The fishing expedition that is going to ensure will be hilarious.

Quote:

BREAKING NEWS

NEW INFORMATION OBTAINED BY FOX NEWS THROUGH A VERIFIED SOURCE FAMILIAR WITH THE CLINTON EMAILS REPORTS THAT ON MAY 29TH 2010 ACTING SECRETARY OF STATE HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON ENDED A SENTENCE WITH A PREPOSITION IN VIOLATION OF CLASSICAL GRAMMAR RULES AND AN AFFRONT TO THE TRIVIUM.

buckman 03-07-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1067085)

Yes that correctly sums up the two stories .

buckman 03-07-2015 01:48 PM

And red flags here Spence ?
"Because the emails were housed on her private account, the process was overseen by Clinton and her aides, not archivists like it would have been if the email was housed on government servers."

Nebe 03-07-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1067092)
And red flags here Spence ?
"Because the emails were housed on her private account, the process was overseen by Clinton and her aides, not archivists like it would have been if the email was housed on government servers."

A perfect way to "edit" your legacy. God I hope she isn't out next president.

Jim in CT 03-09-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1067061)

Massive? Seven distasteful emails (out of 10 years' worth of emails?) and the fact that blacks account for a greater percentage of stops and arrests than they do of the general population. Which means exactly zilch if blacks represent that same proportion of people who actually break the law.

Come on, Spence. If there's racism in that PD, it needs to be fixed, but their chief of police isn't running for President.

Jim in CT 03-09-2015 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1067085)

"Clinton - tells agency to release all emails "

How do we know what she deleted?

Ferguson is a local matter, Clinton's character is obviously a national concern if she's running for POTUS...she may get an actual challenge from Lie-awatha.

spence 03-11-2015 07:06 AM

I'm thinking the Trey Gowdy renewed vigor into Clinton could backfire big time.

He's going to stir the pot and dig deeper, likely find nothing, and exonerate her in the process...just wait and see.

buckman 03-11-2015 07:25 AM

Not if she testifies truthfully.

Sea Dangles 03-11-2015 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1067453)
I'm thinking the Trey Gowdy renewed vigor into Clinton could backfire big time.

He's going to stir the pot and dig deeper, likely find nothing, and exonerate her in the process...just wait and see.

It will be a tall task to exonerate her stupidity in this instance. This was reckless at best for a person of her position.

spence 03-11-2015 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1067456)
It will be a tall task to exonerate her stupidity in this instance. This was reckless at best for a person of her position.

Whiplash effect. Because of who she is, the more outrageous the offense once it turns out there's no there there the more likely it goes away.

spence 03-11-2015 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1067455)

Not if she testifies truthfully.

Guilty before proven innocent. God bless America.

buckman 03-11-2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1067458)
Guilty before proven innocent. God bless America.

She said she never emailed classified information . Do you think that is true ?
She said she only has one email because she didn't want to carry two phones . Clearly BS . Maybe if you're 90 you buy that excuse but do you Spence ? Everyone I know has two or more emails on one phone . I have work and personal .
We won't get the server and I'm sure the hard drive has been destroyed .
Acting guilty as sin that's for sure .