Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   New Craft Beer Cellar opening (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=89982)

nightfighter 02-09-2016 05:56 PM

New Craft Beer Cellar opening

In Swampscott Mass. I delivered a couple of signs to them today. Shelves are almost completely stocked. Too bad I don't drink anymore....

Bob Huddy, maybe you should get your own franchise..... They are interested in the RI market

.http://www.craftbeercellar.com/

rphud 02-10-2016 08:30 AM

bout time, that was one of the first locations they planned for a franchise. Thought about it when they first were planning on franchising, but I am not cut out for retail. Thinking more along the lines of brew and food space for startups lately.

Nebe 02-10-2016 08:36 AM

My fantasy is a glass studio/ Nano brewery/ cafe.
People could visit and take a class in glassblowing, have lunch and leave with a growler full of beer made right there and maybe a couple sweet beer glasses/mugs.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

nightfighter 02-10-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1092963)
My fantasy is a glass studio/ Nano brewery/ cafe.
People could visit and take a class in glassblowing, have lunch and leave with a growler full of beer made right there and maybe a couple sweet beer glasses/mugs.

Just a different spin on the Simon Pearce restaurant?

Nebe 02-10-2016 08:56 AM

I guess so. I dont think Simon Pearce let's anyone try their hand at glass blowing and the food is high end. I'd imagine what I would want to do is remove the pretentiousness from the business model and make it fun for all. Making glass is so cool that glass makers have gotten away with just letting people watch for entertainment, but to actually let them try it is really an amazing thing. I love sharing this with people.

Rockport24 02-10-2016 10:05 AM

you might be on to something there Nebe - especially if you are making some cool unique beer glasses, growlers and bottles to go with it!

Sea Dangles 02-10-2016 10:35 AM

Nebe, I think the opportunity to make a mug and then fill it with any type of beer would be appealing.

Nebe 02-10-2016 11:29 AM

I agree Chris. That's why I have started offering classes at my studio. I help with the really hard stuff that takes months or years to learn which frees students up to focus on color and inflating / shaping the glass

DZ 02-10-2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1092977)
I agree Chris. That's why I have started offering classes at my studio. I help with the really hard stuff that takes months or years to learn which frees students up to focus on color and inflating / shaping the glass

Eben - i could see you collaborating with a local brewer like Proclamation or Tilted Barn for the short term. Have you given that any thought?

Nebe 02-10-2016 11:58 AM

I have! i am doing 2 trade shows and am going to talk to whalers with an idea after I get back. Also sons of Liberty. Whiskey glasses !

DZ 02-10-2016 12:03 PM

Oh Man - Block Island Floats filled with whiskey!

Sea Dangles 02-10-2016 02:12 PM

I am taking part in a " beer summit" this month at Rose Alley in New Bedford. 29 different beers in 29 days will get me a handmade mug as well as a hoody.uu

Nebe 02-10-2016 02:16 PM

A friend of mine made those mugs.. His studio is on cape cod.

Nebe 02-10-2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZ (Post 1092983)
Oh Man - Block Island Floats filled with whiskey!

Something like that

rphud 02-10-2016 04:46 PM

maybe they have to make their own mug before they can drink a beer, yand ou can be the beer nazi

Nebe 02-10-2016 05:36 PM

Well.. One thing is for sure... No making glass if you have had beer. Glass first then beer! That's my life motto.

Nebe 02-10-2016 05:36 PM

And you don't buy beer... You rent it ;)

rphud 02-11-2016 08:26 AM

Same as coffee

p.s. Tulip glasses