Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Useful apps (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=84414)

nightfighter 12-08-2013 10:25 AM

Useful apps

What apps have you found useful and worth considering to load to a new Iphone? I'm not going to be adding a ton, but just don't even know what is available and worth considering.

Nebe 12-08-2013 11:43 AM

Navionics, shralp tide, my radar, go to your local NOAA weather page on your browser and book mark it as an icon on your home screen.
Those are all my fishing related apps
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

leptar 12-08-2013 12:45 PM

NOAA Ocean Buoys Pro
Radar Now
AccuWeather+
MSW surf forcast

I use MSW for the surfer reports.. Often you get a person or two seeing fish. Also the predictions are pretty good too..

AccuWeather+ is pretty decent and somewhat accurate

RadarNow! is just that...

buoys pro is just that and always updated

WESTPORTMAFIA 12-08-2013 01:43 PM

I handy level. 5/0 police radio police scanner. Keyring. Also google maps for navigation if it didn't come preloaded.

massbassman 12-08-2013 02:50 PM

Weather Underground is pretty good for weather, and I like SailFlow for good wind predictions. iTides is pretty accurate for tidal predictions. Don't forget one of the flashlight apps... always comes in handy!

GregW 12-08-2013 03:18 PM

Tide app
Flashlight app for when you need light and only have your phone
Weather channel app
Shazam - which listens to song and tells you who plays it.

chefchris401 12-08-2013 03:21 PM

Key ring

The chive is a must

Pandora

eBay

Paypal

Sunrise/sunset

The weather channel

Google earth

Any bank or credit cards you have is always good to have

Gas buddy

Map quest

Tadaa

Pro camera

Nebe 12-08-2013 03:30 PM

Oh. Rhapsody. $9.00 a month subscription... Allows you to listen to pretty much any album known to man. I can't live without that one.

JackK 12-08-2013 04:58 PM

No need for a dedicated flashlight app anymore, the new iOS has one loaded already... Just swipe up from the bottom on any screen.

Google maps is essential. Excellent, free navigation with it.

Clear is a very nice list app to have on hand. Helps keep my brain organized.

For my local weather I use Weather Underground... Bluefin for marine forecasts.

Chive is a great time killer.

iBooks is good for saving pdfs, and doubles as a good ebook reader (another time killer).

FishCalcLite is a good Length/Girth weight calculator for measured fish.

Others listed some good ones... Paypal, eBay, Navionics, Shazam...

WESTPORTMAFIA 12-08-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1024126)
Oh. Rhapsody. $9.00 a month subscription... Allows you to listen to pretty much any album known to man. I can't live without that one.

Go to YouTube for free and listen to the same songs. You can watch videos for most of the songs for free too. :smash:

Nebe 12-08-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WESTPORTMAFIA (Post 1024147)
Go to YouTube for free and listen to the same songs. You can watch videos for most of the songs for free too. :smash:

Absolutely no comparison.

Nebe 12-08-2013 05:30 PM

I use rhapsody for hours and hours every day. I use it when I drive, when I work.. At home. You can download full albums onto your phone so you don't use up data when you are on the 3G network...

No ads... YouTube is a joke compared to rhapsody for listening to music on your phone or iPad.

WESTPORTMAFIA 12-08-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1024153)
I use rhapsody for hours and hours every day. I use it when I drive, when I work.. At home. You can download full albums onto your phone so you don't use up data when you are on the 3G network...

No ads... YouTube is a joke compared to rhapsody for listening to music on your phone or iPad.

For a hundred and 10 bucks a year you listen to the same songs that I can for free. Granted it might take 15 seconds for my ad to pass but it's still the same song and free. Make a playlist if need be the night before. And don't forget actual live free radio you can mix in to your day.

Goose 12-08-2013 08:57 PM

zillow
antlerinsanity... awesome hunting app., marks stands and wind
sailflow

Sea Dangles 12-08-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1024153)

I am with you 100% Nebe. I have a sonos system at home and it just can not be beat. Different zones for areas in the house as well as the pool area.Accessed on the iphone,ipad etc...If you like music there is really no comparison with youtube and a system like this.I can also pop my phone inside of my boat radio and play what I want to hear.I like music,especially loud music.

Raven 12-09-2013 05:37 AM

download "Chick Magnet"
it releases Pheromone's that make
the Hottest Babes come up and flirt with you
:rotflmao:

Nebe 12-09-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 1024191)
download "Chick Magnet"
it releases Pheromone's that make
the Hottest Babes come up and flirt with you
:rotflmao:

All that app contains is a picture of Me.

The Dad Fisherman 12-09-2013 11:51 AM

Does that make anybody look good standing next to it :hihi:

Nebe 12-09-2013 12:37 PM

:faga:

fishaholic18 12-09-2013 01:30 PM

Teamviewer. Can't live without it.