Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Debate (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96930)

Got Stripers 09-29-2020 03:39 PM

Debate

Should be entertaining, but we all know it won’t change many votes, I think the majority will vote the same regardless of tonight’s debate. Good news for Trump is that if he looses the election he will have secret service protection if the people he owes 400 million come looking for him. I feel for pour Melania, she looks miserable every time she’s with him, but she can’t divorce him unless she wants to assume half that debt.

Pete F. 09-29-2020 07:24 PM

JUST IN: Joe Biden refuses to take a pregnancy test prior to tonight's debate. The question remains: What is he hiding?

Developing.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 09-29-2020 09:46 PM

OMG .... and I'll leave it at that

Pete F. 09-29-2020 10:05 PM

Having watched this disgrace tonight, I just want to say I'm proud to have been Never Trump from the beginning, I'm proud to be Never Trump today, and I'll be proud to remain Never Trump as long as necessary--hopefully for only five more weeks.

Nebe 09-29-2020 10:20 PM

Pathetic. I’m glad to hear trump asked the proud boys to stand by... wow. He’s scared for his life.

Pete F. 09-29-2020 11:52 PM

I want to see how the Trumplicans walk that one back.
Will it be, that’s not what he really meant,

Or perhaps the not really Trumplicans can fill us into

detbuch 09-30-2020 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1201948)
I want to see how the Trumplicans walk that one back.
Will it be, that’s not what he really meant,

I reluctantly started to watch the debate. I despise these debate shows even more than state of the union shows. A few minutes in, I realized my mistake, tuned it out, and went on to more productive activity.

I admit that what little I saw didn't make Trump look good. But he didn't look good in his debates with Republican candidates or with HRC. But neither did they. At least uncle Joe didn't look bad. But it was living down to my expectations, and I just couldn't take anymore.

I looked at some of the comments and clips later, and saw the "stand back and stand by" remark, which I suppose you're referring to. I have no idea what he meant by it. I assume the "stand back" meant don't do the violence and disruption. The "stand by," I have no idea.

GS is right. It won't change my vote. Both of them remained who I thought they were. Didn't expect any different. It's not about them, for me. And the questions that I heard didn't touch any of my major concerns. But I admit that I didn't stay with it long enough to hear that many questions.

The Dad Fisherman 09-30-2020 05:14 AM

I never watch these, but sat down at 8 to tune in. I Didn’t realize there was an hour of “Pre-Game” before it started. :rolleyes:

I ended up bailing and going downstairs to finish up season 3 of Ozark.

scottw 09-30-2020 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1201953)

I never watch these

I watch very little tv as it is...this would not be on the list....I'm sure pete will fill us all in :shocked:

nightfighter 09-30-2020 06:03 AM

A most pitiful and disgusting display....

The Dad Fisherman 09-30-2020 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1201955)
A most pitiful and disgusting display....

330 million Americans, and this is the best we can do :wall:

Got Stripers 09-30-2020 07:24 AM

Like watching a screaming 12 year old throwing a temper tantrum at the shopping center. I’m pretty sure he doubled down on Charlottesville with his Pour Boy comment, if there was ever any doubt he loves white supremacy he put that question to bed. Couldn’t watch much before I couldn’t stand watching the screaming child.

Pete F. 09-30-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1201950)
I reluctantly started to watch the debate. I despise these debate shows even more than state of the union shows. A few minutes in, I realized my mistake, tuned it out, and went on to more productive activity.

I admit that what little I saw didn't make Trump look good. But he didn't look good in his debates with Republican candidates or with HRC. But neither did they. At least uncle Joe didn't look bad. But it was living down to my expectations, and I just couldn't take anymore.

I looked at some of the comments and clips later, and saw the "stand back and stand by" remark, which I suppose you're referring to. I have no idea what he meant by it. I assume the "stand back" meant don't do the violence and disruption. The "stand by," I have no idea.

GS is right. It won't change my vote. Both of them remained who I thought they were. Didn't expect any different. It's not about them, for me. And the questions that I heard didn't touch any of my major concerns. But I admit that I didn't stay with it long enough to hear that many questions.

I assumed you wouldn’t understand the Proud Boys order, but they did

Proud Boys in social media groups are going wild about the "Stand back and stand by" comment. They are basically seeing it as acknowledgment and a call to arms.
It’s now incorporated into their logo

Got Stripers 09-30-2020 07:38 AM

Said it before and last night showed clearly why this idiot is a national security threat, the white supremacy (domestic terrorists) groups are getting locked and loaded should Trump loose. Hey Jim you listed Trumps record on terrorists as a reason to vote and yet last night he clearly came out in support of a group our own government views as a more imminent threat on American sole, how do you square that in your head?

JohnR 09-30-2020 07:46 AM

Grumpier Old Men

scottw 09-30-2020 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1201960)

Like watching a screaming 12 year old throwing a temper tantrum at the shopping center.

this describes the average post from you and pete

scottw 09-30-2020 07:47 AM

read it described this way....

"Trump made it impossible for Biden to make any of his arguments. Trump did to Biden what Biden did to Paul Ryan eight years ago."

Pete F. 09-30-2020 07:58 AM

I watched both those debates
Tweety’s performance was nothing like Biden’s with Ryan

nightfighter 09-30-2020 07:59 AM

Scott, come on. Enough with the personal attacks....

I tuned in hoping, as I am sure many Americans did, to grab something I had missed to date, that might, just might help me make my decision more concrete as we approach this election. Sadly, my hopes were dashed for the most part... Nobody won here. But Trump's MO, which may well be standard operating procedure in the world of New York real estate, was enough to drive me away from the table. As such, he solidified my vote against him. Final answer.

scottw 09-30-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1201970)
Scott, come on. Enough with the personal attacks....

have you read their posts?...:rotf2:

wdmso 09-30-2020 08:12 AM

Its odd those who run interference for trump the most

Didn't take the time to watch the debate. Curious

Pete F. 09-30-2020 08:28 AM

I did hear that Trump tested negative...........for rabies
The tests are obviously not 100% accurate.

nightfighter 09-30-2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1201972)
have you read their posts?...:rotf2:

I have... and while I may not agree with them, the comments were for the most part on point, ie. directed towards the actions of the candidates/politicians/political parties..... But not at YOU! We can only ask the same throughout this forum.

Sarcasm is a fine line to walk online. It can easily be construed as mockery, ridicule, or derision. Simply adding an emoji is not to explain away over the line commentary.

Nebe 09-30-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1201973)
Its odd those who run interference for trump the most

Didn't take the time to watch the debate. Curious

That’s because if you just look at trump and the steaming pile of chit that he is, you would never want to support the guy. But ... if you have strong opinions about something that maybe you can’t admit publicly but you know he supports by his “dog whistle” comments, you just don’t care. In fact you would probably vote in a baboon as long as your values were being represented.

scottw 09-30-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1201975)

Sarcasm is a fine line to walk online. It can easily be construed as mockery, ridicule, or derision. Simply adding an emoji is not to explain away over the line commentary.

we can still hang out...I'll buy the beer

scottw 09-30-2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1201974)
I did hear that Trump tested negative...........for rabies
The tests are obviously not 100% accurate.

this is good to know

scottw 09-30-2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1201976)
That’s because if you just look at trump and the steaming pile of chit that he is, you would never want to support the guy. But ... if you have strong opinions about something that maybe you can’t admit publicly but you know he supports by his “dog whistle” comments, you just don’t care. In fact you would probably vote in a baboon as long as your values were being represented.

wut??

Jim in CT 09-30-2020 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1201980)
wut??

Hes saying (very poorly) that republicans care nothing about character, only about voting for a guy who will implement policy we like. I plead guilty.

Coming from the party that still worships Bill Clinton,. it's hard to put any validity whatsoever, to their worries about character flaws on the right. Bill CLinton spoke at the convention recently, and lectured Trump on, of all things, morality and behavior in the White House. Can't make that up.

Pete F. 09-30-2020 09:42 AM

I see a soul floating away

The Dad Fisherman 09-30-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1201983)
Hes saying (very poorly) that republicans care nothing about character, only about voting for a guy who will implement policy we like. I plead guilty.

Coming from the party that still worships Bill Clinton,. it's hard to put any validity whatsoever, to their worries about character flaws on the right. Bill CLinton spoke at the convention recently, and lectured Trump on, of all things, morality and behavior in the White House. Can't make that up.

Actually, he's trolling for closet White Supremists