Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Kayaking (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Dream Kayak Trip! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=80637)

BigFish 01-03-2013 06:30 PM

Dream Kayak Trip!

OK so this is a preliminary post as TDF/Kevin and I are in discussions and researching this. We have both had a yearning to do something....exotic....fishing wise and with the kayaks!!! I for one, for about 3 years now, have had a burning desire to do a musky fishing trip with the kayaks up to the 1000 Island region of upstate NY! I saw a mount of a 50 pound musky on a tackle shop wall when I was up there visiting a friend a few years ago and that was it for me!!! Kevin says he has had the same desire to fish for these freshwater monsters!!! So we are researching camping spots in the region and such and are thinking this might be an autumn trip as that is a "peak" time for this fishery! We have an idea of a few of you Yak Rats that might be interested and I for one am curious if any of you would consider a trip like this? We would be camping...tents, sleeping bags......the real deal!!!! I for one would like to cross this off my "Wish List"! Any of you guys think this might be something you might like to join us in doing?? Raise your hands here!!!:uhuh:

niko 01-03-2013 08:36 PM

sounds lake a great trip larry. good luck with it

The Dad Fisherman 01-04-2013 06:01 AM

:happy:

blondterror 01-04-2013 07:46 AM

I may be interested as well... plus I have a good friend who lives in Postdam NY and is a bigtime musky fisherman who can be a great source of local info... he has several 35-40lb muskies in the past 10 years... he fishes from a hand made rowboat and makes his own spinners and plugs as well.

Chris

The Dad Fisherman 01-04-2013 08:00 AM

This is one of the places I've scoped out in the area.

Wellesley Island State Park - NYS Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation

Rockport24 01-04-2013 01:30 PM

this sounds amazing, although I think another dream kayak trip would be rooster fish in mexico, this one may be a little more accessible though.

I think I may be in for this, I have a wedding on the Cutty weekend (where I am a groomsman), so I'm out for that, which gives me leeway with the boss.

Backbeach Jake 01-04-2013 08:26 PM

I'd like to throw some camping gear and a few supplies in the yak and circumnavigate the Cape.

Slipknot 01-05-2013 12:35 PM

sounds like a great trip but isn't muskie season October to December?
maybe I should make my own yak

BigFish 01-05-2013 01:49 PM

3rd Saturday in June to Nov. 30th....lower Niagra is a bit longer season!:uhuh:

frogman_ch 01-07-2013 09:21 AM

Was hoping you guys were going to say Redfish down south.

Tagger 01-09-2013 05:19 AM

I'll keep my eyes on this .. I do Montauk (want to up this to 5 days)and BI in the fall ,, and then there's the canal /Onset .. Not sure I can swing another big trip .

bigpopper 02-25-2013 10:58 PM

Sounds like a great place & trip