Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Fake news (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=91429)

Nebe 11-06-2016 10:01 AM

Fake news

If there's one thing that grinds my gears it's fake "news". I would hope that one day anything that is stamped with the term "news" should be 100% accurate. Much like the labeling of organic food.

I'm happy to see a story that addresses this

The rise and rise of fake news
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-37846860

scottw 11-06-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1111722)
I would hope that one day anything that is stamped with the term "news" should be 100% accurate.

maybe....some day...in.....utopia....

Nebe 11-06-2016 10:39 AM

I just wonder how many people don't realize that there is nothing that says news has to be true.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

detbuch 11-06-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1111726)
I just wonder how many people don't realize that there is nothing that says news has to be true.

Well . . . it's all relative . . . depends on context . . . and intent . . . if you didn't intend your fake to be a lie, then it's OK.

scottw 11-06-2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1111726)

deep thinking today :hihi:

Nebe 11-06-2016 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1111731)
deep thinking today :hihi:

someone has to do it in a world of mouth breathers.

scottw 11-06-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1111732)
someone has to do it in a world of mouth breathers.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

JohnR 11-07-2016 08:36 AM

You mean like Halliburton, all about Oil, and stuff like that?

Agree.

The Dad Fisherman 11-07-2016 09:23 AM

Don't BS me....I get all the real news in my Facebook feed....Its all I need to know about what's going on.

tysdad115 11-07-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1111773)
Don't BS me....I get all the real news in my Facebook feed....Its all I need to know about what's going on.

If it gets made into a meme it goes straight into the history books. Definite facts.

Nebe 11-07-2016 01:43 PM

There was just an interesting story about fake news on the Esquire site.

wdmso 11-07-2016 02:55 PM

Trump gets twitter taken away

According to a Sunday report by The New York Times, campaign staff members have taken control of the Republican presidential candidate’s Twitter account in an attempt to keep him from another one of his infamous rants just before voters head to the polls.

http://people.com/politics/donald-tr...aign-managers/

Sadly this isn't fake news

The Dad Fisherman 11-07-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysdad115 (Post 1111782)
If it gets made into a meme it goes straight into the history books. Definite facts.

I think they are building a new wing at The Smithsonian dedicated to historical memes.

scottw 11-07-2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1111788)
According to a Sunday report by The New York Times, campaign staff members have taken control of the Republican presidential candidate’s Twitter account in an attempt to keep him from another one of his infamous rants just before voters head to the polls.

http://people.com/politics/donald-tr...aign-managers/

Sadly this isn't fake news

sounds kinda like when they had to put Obama on the teleprompter because he kept saying stupid and offensive things and they had to shut his wife up all together due to her acid tongue.....nothing new...:)

Liv2Fish 11-07-2016 05:43 PM

This is a scary thing. If you control the entire media and the two federal law enforcement agencies, what can stop you from doing whatever you want? CNN is basically a super pac for the hag.

Hackers have become the new journalists and journalists have become political hacks. WTF.

basswipe 11-07-2016 06:03 PM

Some deep thinking going on here Nebe...

.....Don't be bogarting,pass it on over.

BTW It was the aliens all along.

Nebe 11-07-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basswipe (Post 1111800)
Some deep thinking going on here Nebe...

.....Don't be bogarting,pass it on over.

BTW It was the aliens all along.

Is that what probed your caboose ?

wdmso 11-08-2016 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1111792)
sounds kinda like when they had to put Obama on the teleprompter because he kept saying stupid and offensive things and they had to shut his wife up all together due to her acid tongue.....nothing new...:)

seem your facts dont jive again

but hea if he cant control himself on twitter .. we'll trust him with the Country. thats easy....

wdmso 11-08-2016 04:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1111773)

Sadly your correct and most memes are from conservative leaning and not correct here is one example .... they left out he hired robbers to steal from the DNC

scottw 11-08-2016 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1111818)
seem your facts dont jive again

but hea if he cant control himself on twitter .. we'll trust him with the Country. thats easy....

I get it...so Trump's twittering is a bigger disqualifier than Hillary's emailing and handling of sensitive information and lack of honesty and transparency in that regard?....makes sense....I personally, could care less about Twitter and anything that happens there...a huge disqualifier for me is someone who's been proven incompetent and completely dishonest when entrusted with authority...that she's yet to be held accountable demonstrates the degree of corruption existing within our government...promoting her is insanity unless you approve of her corrupt style and the further degradation of the stature of our institutions.....however loathsome Trump may be...I "trust" him far more than the Clintons and their hangers on with the office....it's not saying much for either of them, but the Clinton's history of abject corruption with and in everything they have ever touched is nearly as as concerning as the number of supporters who dismiss it all out of hand....

I'll save you the time of a reply....none of the above is factual, Hillary has a great resume and is simply the victim decades of right wing operatives setting her and her husband up to appear that they are corrupt, amoral pillagers of government

Nebe 11-08-2016 05:32 AM

You would have made a great German in the Late 1930's

scottw 11-08-2016 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1111821)
You would have made a great German in the Late 1930's

that's original....I don't like Trump...don't plan to vote for him....but for crying out loud....what he writes on Twitter is a problem and everything that we know, not only regarding hillary's email but the rest of the family's dealings is not??

we're electing a president that is supposed to uphold and defend the Constitution and maintain the integrity of our institutions ....she's demonstrated herself incapable of that....Trump sucks but he doesn't have a thirty year track record of government corruption....democrats seem very comfortable with democrat government corruption..you live in RI Eben...you see it every day....I don't believe he'll abuse the office to the degree that the Clinton's have previously and I'm sure are already planning to do

re 1930's germany

if Trump were to win and then betray the public trust...there's a long line of republicans and journalists anxious to hold him accountable

there is clearly no one on the democrat side or in the MSM to hold the Clinton's accountable for any actions,,,that is a frightening prospect

The Dad Fisherman 11-08-2016 08:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1111819)
Sadly your correct and most memes are from conservative leaning

You mean like these that have come across my Facebook feed in the past 24 hours.....

that's BS and you know it....both sides are equally as guilty of this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1111819)
they left out he hired robbers to steal from the DNC

....Well they also left out how she bypassed security measures and Ignored classification levels for her convenience....so let's consider that one a wash

Sea Dangles 11-08-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1111822)
that's original....I don't like Trump...don't plan to vote for him....but for crying out loud....what he writes on Twitter is a problem and everything that we know, not only regarding hillary's email but the rest of the family's dealings is not??

we're electing a president that is supposed to uphold and defend the Constitution and maintain the integrity of our institutions ....she's demonstrated herself incapable of that....Trump sucks but he doesn't have a thirty year track record of government corruption....democrats seem very comfortable with democrat government corruption..you live in RI Eben...you see it every day....I don't believe he'll abuse the office to the degree that the Clinton's have previously and I'm sure are already planning to do

re 1930's germany

if Trump were to win and then betray the public trust...there's a long line of republicans and journalists anxious to hold him accountable

there is clearly no one on the democrat side or in the MSM to hold the Clinton's accountable for any actions,,,that is a frightening prospect

A rare post worthy of consideration.

Jim in CT 11-08-2016 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1111822)

re 1930's germany

"what he writes on Twitter is a problem and everything that we know, not only regarding hillary's email but the rest of the family's dealings is not?? "

NOW you're coming around to liberalism. You see, we should focus on all of Trump's ethical lapses, and ignore all of Hillary's ethical lapses. Because in that light, you have to admit, she compares favorably!

"democrats seem very comfortable with democrat government corruption.."

Two very, very different sets of rules, that's for certain.

Jim in CT 11-08-2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liv2Fish (Post 1111798)
This is a scary thing. If you control the entire media and the two federal law enforcement agencies, what can stop you from doing whatever you want? CNN is basically a super pac for the hag.

Hackers have become the new journalists and journalists have become political hacks. WTF.

Great post. One CNN contributor was also the head of the DNC, who was let go by CNN for emailing Hillary debate questions ahead of time. And she said last night, that "my conscience is clear". This woman, Donna Brazil, cheated, she got caught cheating, and she is still the head of the DNC. She also got caught lying about it, because she had denied sending Hillary the questions.

Also at CNN, you have a high profile host (Chris Cuomo) advising viewers not to pay attention to any network that is giving any coverage to Hillary's hacked emails, because we can't have anything critical being said about her.

Liv2Fish 11-08-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1111833)
Great post. One CNN contributor was also the head of the DNC, who was let go by CNN for emailing Hillary debate questions ahead of time. And she said last night, that "my conscience is clear". This woman, Donna Brazil, cheated, she got caught cheating, and she is still the head of the DNC. She also got caught lying about it, because she had denied sending Hillary the questions.

Also at CNN, you have a high profile host (Chris Cuomo) advising viewers not to pay attention to any network that is giving any coverage to Hillary's hacked emails, because we can't have anything critical being said about her.

Jake tapper is about to be tapped for the unemployment line. Supposedly, he's the source of the leak.

FishermanTim 11-08-2016 01:04 PM

The worst part of this whole election is that even after it is done we will still have to deal with the losing party bitching and moaning about why they lost....

basswipe 11-09-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1111801)
Is that what probed your caboose ?

No,that was WAY more painful.

Or maybe it was all in my head?

PaulS 11-21-2016 08:46 AM

Raider Ronnie called it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/bu...T.nav=top-news