Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Political Ads on this web site. (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=74329)

Duke41 11-12-2011 09:18 AM

Political Ads on this web site.

John,

I know you need to pay the bills, but to allow political ads that smear Scott Brown. Do you really have to do that? He is a solid player and a Repulican like a lot of guys on this site. I would ask you to reconsider. Thanks.

likwid 11-12-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke41 (Post 899841)
John,

I know you need to pay the bills, but to allow political ads that smear Scott Brown. Do you really have to do that? He is a solid player and a Repulican like a lot of guys on this site. I would ask you to reconsider. Thanks.

Scott P. Brown: Campaign Finance/Money - Industries - Senator Career | OpenSecrets

fishsmith 11-12-2011 04:37 PM

I'd guess it's all or none, plus those with sense can see thru the fluff.

likwid 11-13-2011 07:24 AM

In John's defense he can't pick or choose which ads you see.
You get ads based on what you've been looking at online recently.

JohnR 11-14-2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 899947)

Bingo - thousand likes.

Google puts up what people pay google for. Occasionally I will filter out ads that are scamish or direct competitors (yes, some other sites a few years back were putting ads here - not sure if targeted or not).

I don't prescreen ads but will occasionally filter out other ones.

Duke41 11-14-2011 08:49 AM

maybe you can filter out the political ones. The #^&#^&#^&#^& gets stirred here pretty easy in the off season. lol

fishbones 11-14-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 899947)

That would explain all the ads for hermaphrodite websites popping up on WESTPORTMAFIA's computer.:rotf2:

JohnnyD 11-14-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke41 (Post 900173)
maybe you can filter out the political ones. The #^&#^&#^&#^& gets stirred here pretty easy in the off season. lol

So he should try to filter out anything that may cause offense to someone? I'd bet he'd be willing to filter out whatever you'd like if you were to pay for the lost revenue.

The *free* website that we have the luxury of access to has to keep the lights on somehow. I don't care what ads are shown - if they don't interest me, I'm not paying attention.

Duke41 11-14-2011 04:51 PM

Hey Newbie calm it down. You dont have the chops to talk to me like that. Over the last decade I have donated to the site. Have you? Thought so.

JohnnyD 11-14-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke41 (Post 900291)
Hey Newbie calm it down. You dont have the chops to talk to me like that. Over the last decade I have donated to the site. Have you? Thought so.

I haven't. I also don't complain about the only ways revenue is generated.