Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Muzik (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   HBO Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=60711)

DZ 11-30-2009 08:36 AM

HBO Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert

Anyone catch the 4 hour HBO concert on HBO last night? Best music on TV I can remember. Great quality both video and audio. All star lineup would share stage - awesome show!

DZ

Crafty Angler 11-30-2009 09:22 AM

I managed to catch the tail end of it when I got home from work last night - and found my bride still awake watching it and she's not a big concert person - it was awesome, sorry I missed it but I'll catch it tonight

The line-up of musicians I got to see playing together was incredible - I'll be glued to it tonight for the replay at 8 on HBO...:uhuh:

PRBuzz 11-30-2009 10:46 AM

It is also available in OnDemand (Comcast).

mosholu 11-30-2009 02:41 PM

PBS had a show with some of the jams from the earlier induction ceremonies on over the weekend. Prince played the end solo on While My Guitar Gently Weeps with Tom Petty and Harrison's son and totally smoked. Robbie Robertson was on a couple of clips and played a lame solo during Let It Be that had Paul McCartney looking at him bemused.

mosholu 11-30-2009 02:43 PM

Here it is:

YouTube - While My Guitar Gently Weeps

RIROCKHOUND 11-30-2009 06:59 PM

Love the end when Prince throws it up in the air and walks away....

Raider Ronnie 11-30-2009 07:52 PM

Someone needs to explain to me why the hell Run DMC is in the Rock & Roll hall of fame !
A few years ago they put Grand Master flash in :smash:
Yet a few groups like Chicago, Doobie Bros, and some others who actually were "Rock & Roll" don't get mentioned !
Is it the Rock & Roll HOF or Rap HOF ???

MarshCappa 11-30-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 727308)
Someone needs to explain to me why the hell Run DMC is in the Rock & Roll hall of fame !
A few years ago they put Grand Master flash in :smash:
Yet a few groups like Chicago, Doobie Bros, and some others who actually were "Rock & Roll" don't get mentioned !
Is it the Rock & Roll HOF or Rap HOF ???

Or how how about John Cougar in and NOT Paul Rogers! WTF is up with that?!:wall: I'm a big Free and Bad Co. fan. That HOF is a bit wacked. I'll still catch the show though.

Raider Ronnie 11-30-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarshCappa (Post 727322)
Or how how about John Cougar in and NOT Paul Rogers! WTF is up with that?!:wall: I'm a big Free and Bad Co. fan. That HOF is a bit wacked. I'll still catch the show though.

Exactly !
Paul Rogers should be in with either Free or Bad Co.

Crafty Angler 12-01-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRBuzz (Post 727128)
It is also available in OnDemand (Comcast).

Yup, discovered Cox Cable had it On Demand until 1/4 and watched the 1st half yesterday afternoon - no doubt I'll be watching it a lot before it goes off

Great performances - C,S & N was in voice for the harmonies - I was always a big Stephen Stills fan - they were a great back-up for Jackson Browne - but I wish they'd had Bonnie Raitt ripping it up on slide, though

Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas singing with Jagger on Gimme Shelter was really impressive and she just plain stole the performance from him - hey, no doubt, Fergie is as smokin' hot as a $2 stove...:heybaby:...in a scary sort of way...:eek5:...in fact, she reminds me a lot of an old Italian girlfriend from the wild days of my yout'...:shocked:

Stevie Wonder and Sting was great, too - John Legend trying to pull off Mercy Mercy Me, not so much...

Also looks like Bruce needs to cut back on the 'roids a little, too...:hs:

I think what struck me the most overall was how relevant many of the lyrics are today - 30 years ex post facto

Yeah, gonna have to hook up my sound system for the video feed this afternoon before going to work so I can watch it again tonight when I get home...:uhuh:

Raven 12-01-2009 10:17 AM

i know it has a huge following.............

but when i asked my 2 nephews what their favorite music was

they said "RAP"

i exclaimed: that's not MUSIC! :fury:

talk about .......culture (generation) shock....

taJon 12-01-2009 05:12 PM

so who got Princes's tele?

joe the plumber 12-06-2009 06:46 PM

What a great show! The absolute best performance of the evening was Springsteen and The E Street Band performing "Ghost of Tom Joad" with Tom Morello "The Night Watchman"-"Rage Agianst The Machine". Oh my can this young man play an electric guitar!! So unique.I loved it.

Slingah 12-06-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe the plumber (Post 728616)
What a great show! The absolute best performance of the evening was Springsteen and The E Street Band performing "Ghost of Tom Joad" with Tom Morello "The Night Watchman"-"Rage Agianst The Machine". Oh my can this young man play an electric guitar!! So unique.I loved it.

as a big Springsteen fan I had to look this up on youtube...
pretty different than the original acoustic version...
YouTube - The Ghost of Tom Joad - 25th Anniversary The Concert of The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
cool....

joe the plumber 12-06-2009 10:34 PM

Slingah,
Very,very cool stuff.If you go into Morello's stuff a little deeper like "The Night Watchman" I forget the name of the album but you can see that Bruce has taken an interest in this guy.
I was never a big "Rage" fan but I did enjoy thier music. Now I know where thier unique sound came from.

RIJIMMY 12-15-2009 01:42 PM

I saw it a few nights back. It depressed the hell out of me. Man, did everyone look OLD. I couldnt believe how old Paul Simon looked.

Mike P 12-15-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 732072)
I saw it a few nights back. It depressed the hell out of me. Man, did everyone look OLD. I couldnt believe how old Paul Simon looked.

Closing in on 70 does that to you.

BasicPatrick 12-15-2009 04:11 PM

1...these shows over the year ave been some of the better collaborations you will see...I have a three cd set from the concert when they opened the new building and it is insane....

2...Prince is severly underrated as a guitar player

3...Talk about scary...I just noticed that at the bottom of this page there is an add to buy the R&R HOF DVD...we have a thread and the ad program picked up keywords and puts the ad on the bototm of the page...that is fn frightening...big brother is watching

RIJIMMY 12-15-2009 04:26 PM

now it has an ad for cough syrup, frekin thing is readin' my mind because the way my day is goign, i was thinking of downing a bottle for the ride home!