Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   is it wrong to suggest our elections aren’t fair with no evidence (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=97889)

Jim in CT 01-20-2022 12:09 PM

is it wrong to suggest our elections aren’t fair with no evidence

I’m old enough to recall that people
criticized Trump for casting doubt on the integrity of our elections without compelling evidence.

Yet Biden did exactly that, yesterday. Biden is proactively saying the midterms won’t be fair or honest, unless they pass the legislation he wants.

Is it wrong, or is it not wrong, to make baseless claims that one side is stealing elections from the other? Or can we just admit it’s ok when democrats do it, but a big no-no when republicans do it…

nightfighter 01-20-2022 12:27 PM

Gawd, that was awful. Ramble, ramble, ramble. Still hasn't answered half the questions... No wonder we are in the state we are in. Chinese and Russians had to be popping champagne watching that press conference. No one there to pull the plug....

wdmso 01-20-2022 12:48 PM

He was talking about States like GA who removed control of elections from the SEC of State and Gave it to themselves to determine the outcome of the election

Funny you never asked why would GA change it’s voting laws ? that they they selfs approved prior to the 2020 election?

But we all know why because Trump lost and the Sec of state would not find the votes Trump wanted him to find

But now the legislature can….

You do live in an amazing bubble where critical thinking isn’t a priority

Or how about Texas where a county of a million voters get the same amount of drop boxes 1 and the same amount of early voting hours as a county with 60 people

It screams voter suppression not election integrity

Jim in CT 01-20-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1221000)
He was talking about States like GA who removed control of elections from the SEC of State and Gave it to themselves to determine the outcome of the election

Funny you never asked why would GA change it’s voting laws ? that they they selfs approved prior to the 2020 election?

But we all know why because Trump lost and the Sec of state would find the votes Trump wanted him to fine ..

the current GA voting laws allow for more days of early voting than biden’s home state of DE, and allow for easier access to absentee ballots than places like NY. those are facts. So i’m not sure the Klan is running the show there.

But we all knew what you’d say, what Biden did was not only OK, but heroic!!

i assume
the state changes its laws for the same exact reason the democrats in DC want to set laws for all
states - to help themselves stay in power.

but again, as always, that motive is only problematic to you, when republicans do it. funny, when the democrats rats were in the senate minority, the filibuster was VITAL. now all of a sudden, its racist.

did you ever ask yourself why it’s ok for the democrats to use the fillibuster hundreds of times in a year, but NOW they want to abolish it?

no you didn’t.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw 01-20-2022 12:52 PM

Quote:

WUT???

wdmso 01-20-2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1220999)
Gawd, that was awful. Ramble, ramble, ramble. Still hasn't answered half the questions... No wonder we are in the state we are in. Chinese and Russians had to be popping champagne watching that press conference. No one there to pull the plug....

Biden rambles Trump just lied and made stuff up..

I’ll take rambling over dishonesty every time regardless of party :cheers:

scottw 01-20-2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1220999)

Chinese and Russians had to be popping champagne watching that press conference. No one there to pull the plug....

I'd send Hillary2024 over with plastic RESET buttons to give them,,,,,worked great last time!

wdmso 01-20-2022 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1221002)
WUT???

That’s what happens when you are uninformed . You get surprised

scottw 01-20-2022 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1221003)
Biden rambles Trump just lied and made stuff up..

I’ll take rambling over dishonesty every time regardless of party :cheers:

Biden is plenty dishonest...

wdmso 01-20-2022 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1221001)
the current GA voting laws allow for more days of early voting than biden’s home state of DE, and allow for easier access to absentee ballots than places like NY. those are facts. So i’m not sure the Klan is running the show there.

But we all knew what you’d say, what Biden did was not only OK, but heroic!!

Wow it’s amazing you avoided the real reason it was changed imagine That and you go right to the Delaware example as if it actually is apples to apples. More. Whataboutism

Get back to me when Delaware change their laws because a candidate loses an election ..

wdmso 01-20-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1221006)
Biden is plenty dishonest...

An accusation with out an example shocking

The Dad Fisherman 01-20-2022 01:00 PM

How can you tell a politician is lying?

His lips are moving

Jim in CT 01-20-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1221008)
An accusation with out an example shocking

are you effing serious? arrested with nelson mandela, former tractor trailer driver, plagiarist, beat up a chain-wielding drug kingpin named Corn Pop.

how many do you want?

here’s a nice list.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....r-america/amp/

Got Stripers 01-20-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

But we all know why because Trump lost and the Sec of state would not find the votes Trump wanted him to find

Or how about Texas where a county of a million voters get the same amount of drop boxes 1 and the same amount of early voting hours as a county with 60 people

It screams voter suppression not election integrity

No according to Jim and his comrades everyone can vote as easily as everyone else and nothing you say will sway their opinion.

Hey Mitch McConnell responded to a reporters question stating “Well, the concern is misplaced, because if you look at the statistics, African-American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as Americans,” boy if that doesn't say exactly what the rights agenda is; suppressing the votes they need to in order to stay in power or win seats lost. A little slip of the tongue, not quite American enough for them.

Jim in CT 01-20-2022 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1221013)
No according to Jim and his comrades everyone can vote as easily as everyone else and nothing you say will sway their opinion.

Hey Mitch McConnell responded to a reporters question stating “Well, the concern is misplaced, because if you look at the statistics, African-American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as Americans,” boy if that doesn't say exactly what the rights agenda is; suppressing the votes they need to in order to stay in power or win seats lost. A little slip of the tongue, not quite American enough for them.

just show me evidence that the Ga law suppressed votes. shouldn’t be hard. again, the GA law slows more days of early voting then Biden’s home state of DE, and allows easier access to absentee ballots than. any blue states. so it’s not clear to me that the Klan came up with that law.

here in CT, two governors races in a row, they mysteriously ran out of ballots in bridgeport and hartford ( who knew you need ballots on election day?), so polls stayed open in those two cities ( where 99% of the vote is democrat) for hours longer than the designated close of 8 pm. and wouldn’t you know it, by a stunning coincidence, the democrats won two close races.

Jim in CT 01-20-2022 02:19 PM

GS, i keep hearing liberals say that the Georgia laws are “Jim Crow.”

Can you, pretty please, point to one part of the current GA voting laws, which have different voting rules for blacks? Because that’s what Jim Crow was.

PaulS 01-20-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1221014)

here in CT, two governors races in a row, they mysteriously ran out of ballots in bridgeport and hartford ( who knew you need ballots on election day?), so polls stayed open in those two cities ( where 99% of the vote is democrat) for hours longer than the designated close of 8 pm. and wouldn’t you know it, by a stunning coincidence, the democrats won two close races.

you must be talking about 2010

your comment lacks context.

Bport has 69K voters, they ordered 21K ballots. Recommendation is to order 1 ballot per voter. I Only the people in line (and who arrived before 8) at the time they ran out of ballots where allowed to vote. Not all precincts ran out of ballots so only the precinct where they ran out ballots had the hours extended. A Republican elections official suggested they go home until ballots arrived, he said even though that would disqualified those voters.

Was it a surprise that heavily D Bport voted D in that election?

Jim in CT 01-20-2022 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1221016)

Bport has 69K voters, they ordered 21K ballots. Recommendation is to order 1 ballot per voter. I Only the people in line (and who arrived before 8) at the time they ran out of ballots where allowed to vote. Not all precincts ran out of ballots so only the precinct where they ran out ballots had the hours extended. A Republican elections official suggested they go home until ballots arrived, he said even though that would disqualified those voters.

happened in two consecutive governors races. funny, they had enough ballots in the conservative districts. two elections in a row, they ran out of ballots in democrat districts. just a coincidence.

Jim in CT 01-20-2022 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1221016)

wrong. they did not turn away buyers who showed up late, who weren’t in line earlier. had they done that, there’s be zero reason to gripe. they a. ounces early that those stations would be open late, then spread the word.

well it worked out for the best as Malloy has eliminated our debt and cut taxes and made us more competitive.

PaulS 01-20-2022 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1221015)

Can you, pretty please, point to one part of the current GA voting laws, which have different voting rules for blacks? Because that’s what Jim Crow was.

The rules aren't different. They have just found ways that people vote that are more popular amongst Blacks and have changed those bc they impact Blacks more. They looked at the huge Black turnout in the last election and said how can we lower it? It looks like Black's use drop boxes more, so let's do away with many of the drop boxes (limit it to 1 per 100K people - so it impacts the crowded Urban areas which are more Black in GA and contain 1/3 of the Black pop. in GA). We know many of the polling locations in Black areas were packed and people had to wait for hours so let's limit the amount of water people can give those Blacks who have been waiting in line for hours in the hope those Blacks leave. They banned the use of mobile election sites. The R controlled legislature now has more control over elections. It goes on and on.

So why did Georgia decide to change their voting law and was it only a coincidence these changes occurred after huge Black turnout and R election loses?

PaulS 01-20-2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1221017)
happened in two consecutive governors races. funny, they had enough ballots in the conservative districts. two elections in a row, they ran out of ballots in democrat districts. just a coincidence.

So where is the fraud? Otherwise why complain?

PaulS 01-20-2022 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1221018)
well it worked out for the best as Malloy has eliminated our debt and cut taxes and made us more competitive.

Maybe if so much of our taxes wasn't being transferred to those failed R states (think Mitch McConnell's Kent) our taxes would be much less.

Got Stripers 01-20-2022 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1221015)

Rather give you the reasons I don't pick up your hundreds of challenges you give me and others in your never endless quest to be always right.

“Arguing with a fool proves there are two.”

“I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.”

This next one really is more suited for Scott.

“Rule #1 during arguments: If you’re losing, start correcting their grammar.”

Mark Twain said it best: Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who.

Jim in CT 01-20-2022 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1221022)
Rather give you the reasons I don't pick up your hundreds of challenges you give me and others in your never endless quest to be always right.

“Arguing with a fool proves there are two.”

“I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.”

Mark Twain said it best: Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who.

in other words, even guy know there’s nothing remotely Jim Crow-like in that law, but you can’t bring yourself to admit that your side is lying about it.

gotcha.

“endless quest to always be right.”

in this thread, you implied a racial
element to biting laws. i asked for evidence to back that up, that’s all.

you guys crack me up. Biden said it’s Jim Crow, so it must therefore be true!!

you post quote after quote after quote about what an idiot i am. yet i stopped you absolutely dead in your tracks, by simply asking you for a speck of evidence to support your claim.

GS : GA voting laws are racist.

Jim: what’s specifically about the laws?

GS: i don’t waste time with morons!

scottw 01-20-2022 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1221021)
Maybe if so much of our taxes wasn't being transferred to those failed R states (think Mitch McConnell's Kent) our taxes would be much less.

define "failed states"....

scottw 01-20-2022 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1221022)

I'm mocking your arrogance and stupidity...it's different :kewl:

Jim in CT 01-20-2022 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1221021)

i’m sure that’s the only reason why Ct is broke. we’ve never wasted a dime. that 9 mile busway that cost 900 zillion dollars, which nobody rides? all happened because of
mitch mcconnell.

up until a few years ago, he chief of the uconn police department ( few dozen cops watching over college kids) had a higher salary than the head of the new york city police department. That’s all Ted Cruzs fault.

scottw 01-20-2022 03:03 PM

can you imagine what a conversation between pelosi and biden must be like at this point?....babbling and drooling and lots of bathroom breaks

Jim in CT 01-20-2022 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1221027)
can you imagine what a conversation between pelosi and biden must be like at this point?....babbling and drooling and lots of bathroom breaks

and talks about plastic surgeons who do hair
plugs and botox.

The Dad Fisherman 01-20-2022 03:36 PM

Crypt Keeper meets Sloth