Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Sports Talk - Title Town (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Completely HOSED (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=89585)

Slipknot 11-30-2015 08:56 AM

Completely HOSED

That's right, the Patriots versus the Broncos and the Refs last night, ya that game, the Pats were obviously hosed.
Roger got his Christmas present early when the Chung penalty was called for touching Thomas, it cost the game and that was only one of the many bad calls and non calls.
I give Denver a lot of credit for a well played game on their part, Anderson was great and Sanders made some great plays on some accurate throws. Manning would not have won that game.

McDaniels was inconsistent with play calling I thought, start of the second half and 3 running plays? wtf Josh! And I fully expected a run after Gronk made the first down, not a pass and wiping out of Gronk.

Maybe this should be in the grump forum

That was one TOUGH loss

JohnR 11-30-2015 12:47 PM

It sucked - officiating really sucked - plus a lot injuries hurt the Pats, WX conditions hurt both , and I am not sure how/if Peyton would have been better.

Hopefully Gronk is not under a major injury at the moment, hopefully just a sprain.

RIROCKHOUND 11-30-2015 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From an eagles fan fyi..

Nebe 11-30-2015 03:20 PM

I've said it many times. Most professional sports are rigged. You say bad call... I say the call was made to fit the plan. $$$$$$$
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raider Ronnie 11-30-2015 04:34 PM

Someone pass me a tissue.

JohnR 11-30-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1087521)
Someone pass me a tissue.

If the Pats lost every remaining game and Oakland won every remaining game (neither is gonna happen) Oakland could TIE the Pats season record :rotf2:

nightfighter 11-30-2015 05:26 PM

The product being put out by the NFL is getting worse by the week. Officials should be full time employees. Not some moonlighting dentist or insurance agent. Fixed outcomes are not out of the question.....

Yes it was a crappy loss, but I am not terribly upset with having the perfect season off the table. Now to just focus on the playoffs, home field, and getting healthy, even if that means sitting some starters or holding back on returning those from injuries. The past two games have been awful.

Raider Ronnie 11-30-2015 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1087523)
If the Pats lost every remaining game and Oakland won every remaining game (neither is gonna happen) Oakland could TIE the Pats season record :rotf2:

Correct.
Neither will happen, and you won't see me whining like Pats fans because it doesn't !

ProfessorM 11-30-2015 07:42 PM

I have almost given up on watching foot ball. Just too damn many commercials and the refs are horrible. If I have nothing better to do of or the weather sucks I may waste some time watching but the days of planning my day around football is long gone for me and I was and avid fan since the late 60's.

Raven 12-01-2015 05:44 AM

rigged calls......

bad calls

what ever their name all swept under the rug

The Dad Fisherman 12-01-2015 06:44 AM

Bill and Tom Say it Best......

http://turtleboysports.com/wp-conten...015/11/wtf.gif

http://i0.wp.com/turtleboysports.com.../11/fingbs.gif

beamie 12-01-2015 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1087524)
Officials should be full time employees. Not some moonlighting dentist or insurance agent. Fixed outcomes are not out of the question.....

Don't know if that would be better??? Seems to me if full time that would give Roger more time to mold the refs to outcomes he favors.

afterhours 12-01-2015 08:35 AM

utter hose job. nfl should be totally embarrassed by refs this year. tb said it best.

Jackbass 12-01-2015 09:04 AM

Refs didn't drop the punt. Regardless I am pleased Mercury Morris and crew will be hanging in Carolina not NE.

Seriously they lost in OT to the best defense in the league with zero top line talent.

Not to mention the good guys are coming back at the right time. And they are playing some tomato cans coming up.

Slipknot 12-01-2015 09:09 AM

the refs have been horrible this year all around in all games not just the ones I watch. Last week there were so many errors, that whistle was bad but at the end, I would rather have seen the Bills get one more shot than the ref allowing time to run out with their lame excuse when the guy clearly got out of bounds in time and was not giving himself up. But The pats have had more than their share of bad calls gone against them the last three games that it is clear that they have to beat the refs and the other teams.
If I can vent about it online, it helps me, because I can't call or email Goodell since he removed his info long ago.
It has gotten to the point of absurdity where the refs are anticipating Gronk pushing off so they throw a flag.
I hope they get some players back this week

afterhours 12-02-2015 08:09 AM

i'd love to see the film that they send to the nfl.....

Nebe 12-02-2015 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1087576)
the refs have been horrible this year all around in all games not just the ones I watch. Last week there were so many errors, that whistle was bad but at the end, I would rather have seen the Bills get one more shot than the ref allowing time to run out with their lame excuse when the guy clearly got out of bounds in time and was not giving himself up. But The pats have had more than their share of bad calls gone against them the last three games that it is clear that they have to beat the refs and the other teams.
If I can vent about it online, it helps me, because I can't call or email Goodell since he removed his info long ago.
It has gotten to the point of absurdity where the refs are anticipating Gronk pushing off so they throw a flag.
I hope they get some players back this week

It becomes less absurd when you realize it's a rigged game.
I was crushed when I learned pro wresting was scripted when I was a kid.

Slipknot 12-02-2015 12:01 PM

so fantasy football and gambling have ruined football as we knew it?
I think it is ineptness and the human nature of the refs tendencies

Cool Beans 12-02-2015 12:11 PM

my spin on this is, I think the referees during training are shown video footage of all the various penalty infractions and unfortunately they used a LOT of Patriots film. For example, I think the "Classic Offensive Pass Interference" call shows film of Gronk "pushing #^&#^&#^&#^&.

They never actually tell the refs to hit the Pats more, but human nature is, when the ref sees Gronk do anything close to what the "training film" shows, it clicks in the refs mind OPI ! OPI ! and out goes the flag.