Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   plugfest (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=81502)

blondterror 03-17-2013 03:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here are a few more pictures of the plugs and a few of the builders...

blondterror 03-17-2013 03:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
some more pics...

that darter is about 11 inches! Made by Glen (Goo Goo Man)

The pegboard displays are all by Rockfish 9 (Joe) Incredible work as always

JohnR 03-17-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grapenuts (Post 989767)
it's "stan & me"never put you in front of the person your with.:smash:

Yes mom but I was thinking about the guy that is senior and more honorable should be on the right. Since I screwed it up in the photo at least I could put it in the name ;)

Quote:

Almost had a" blast" yesterday...had police,fire an gas co. on the job I was working on...redoing a roof an kept smelling gas[no not my own] seems the gas pipe rotted off in the wall coming from the meter..filling the basement and enough on the outside for me to smell it up on the roof...owners wondered why their bill had been so high the past 2 months....they were lucky ,he 's a chain smoker.

Ouch. That would have been bad.

blondterror 03-17-2013 03:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
some more shots..

First pic is Numbskull's table

Love the Fire tiger Paint on the Goo Goo popper

blondterror 03-17-2013 03:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Plugs on black background are Eskimo's plugs... correction... these are Gremlins plugs

handpainted Mack Pikie is a collaboration plug with JMAC and Goo Goo Man

Middle picture is Professor M's table

blondterror 03-17-2013 03:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are some of JMACs hand carved plugs...

Ryan560 03-17-2013 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great time! Thanks to those who put this event together. Also thanks to those that traded and shared there knowledge with me, learned alot.
On another note anyone know who made this darter, I won it in the raffle?

JMAC_kerel 03-17-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondterror (Post 989775)
Plugs on black background are Eskimo's plugs...

BT, the plugs on the black background in the pic you posted are actually Gremlin's (Jamie) plugs.

I had a good time myself, made some trades, got handed some unbelievable plugs, had a few laughs, and won a tee shirt! Thanks John R and Slip. Glad you guys liked the signs.

N.ShoreFisher 03-17-2013 05:13 PM

JMAC, thanks again for the plug, you too Ross.

JohnR 03-17-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMAC_kerel (Post 989792)
. Glad you guys liked the signs.

Yes - they were great :btu: Huge thanks!

I was going to save them but one got damaged shipping and the dog ate the other (well bit off part)

stripermaineiac 03-17-2013 07:32 PM

Glad I could help John. What you guys do is a great thing that makes for loads of good friends.There are some unbeleivably talented guys at plugfest. You never leave without learning something new and with some great toys to add water to. Thank.

Slipknot 03-17-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 989798)
Yes - they were great :btu: Huge thanks!

I was going to save them but one got damaged shipping and the dog ate the other (well bit off part)

:rotf2::biglaugh:
I new I should have taken them home for next year , oh well :D

JohnR 03-17-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripermaineiac (Post 989813)
Glad I could help John. What you guys do is a great thing that makes for loads of good friends.There are some unbeleivably talented guys at plugfest. You never leave without learning something new and with some great toys to add water to. Thank.

Yes - that was huge! Major thanks :btu:

Canalman 03-17-2013 09:55 PM

Had a blast, conversation I had with George about fishing darters was probably the best conversation I've had about fishing in the last 5 years.. this guy knows his stuff!

Am I the only one who sees the resemblance between these two photos?
http://striped-bass.com/images/pf2013/pfest21013-18.jpg

http://thesocialgods.com/wp-content/...03/caveman.jpg

eskimo 03-18-2013 11:27 AM

Always a great time. Always leave wondering 'why didn't I think of that'
Love seeing what produces for other people.

OLD GOAT 03-18-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

it's "stan & me"never put you in front of the person your with.:smash:

Almost had a" blast" yesterday...had police,fire an gas co. on the job I was working on...redoing a roof an kept smelling gas[no not my own] seems the gas pipe rotted off in the wall coming from the meter..filling the basement and enough on the outside for me to smell it up on the roof...owners wondered why their bill had been so high the past 2 months....they were lucky ,he 's a chain smoker.

That's a fast way to meet your maker, siting on the roof of a house full of gas.
Wished we went to the fest together. It would have been cheaper than Sweetie and I, since she went shopping as I fest ed away the day

Grapenuts 03-18-2013 08:35 PM

She saw her chance and ran with it....hope she got you alittle something other then the bill :hihi:

ThrowingTimber 03-21-2013 04:34 PM

looks like a blast guys! I was laid up with a super gross cold and I didnt feel like sharing it with everyone in the room. thanks for the pics looks like everyone was having a great day :)

Raven 03-22-2013 06:24 AM

thanks for the Pictures of the "EVENT"

stripercrazy 03-24-2013 03:03 PM

great seeing everyone some great plugs

hardcore from shore 03-25-2013 09:59 PM

thank you for the kind words about my dad, Bill Prodouz Sr. he passed away Friday

I cut and pasted your note to an email and my mom, sister and nieces read it to him on Thursday and he was very pleased. The fact that his plug is part of the plug project meant a lot to him and my family. He was a proud member of Striped-bass.com. He loved building plugs, learning from everyone and seeing everybody's great work.

There will be a short service at Waitt Funeral home on Wednesday 3/25 at 11 am and inurnment at Bourne National Cemetary later that day. So as Bill always said, I can visit him when I fish the cape.
You guys all made him feel young and able to learn more.
Thanks,
Bill
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 989754)

I would also like to make mention of one plug, made by Bill Produsz Senior, that did well in the competition and instead of being raffled, will travel with the Plug Project. Bill Sr, many of you will recall, is the young WWII vet that has won a category or two over the past couple years and is truly a great guy. Unfortunately he could not attend this year.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BigFish 03-26-2013 04:53 AM

Deepest condolences to you and your family Bill.

nightfighter 03-26-2013 05:14 AM

Sorry to hear this, Bill.

Slipknot 03-26-2013 05:37 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss Bill :(
I will always remember his smile
You are a very good son
Condolences to you and your family
RIP Bill Sr.

stripermaineiac 03-26-2013 07:22 AM

Sorry to hear that Bill. Was always fun seein you an your dad.

JohnR 03-26-2013 07:32 AM

Bill, I am very sorry to hear this and my thoughts and prayers to you and all of your family. Your dad was truly a great guy and it was a pleasure to meet him the few times we did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 991227)
I'm very sorry for your loss Bill :(
I will always remember his smile
You are a very good son
Condolences to you and your family
RIP Bill Sr.

Slip's absolutely right, you are a good son.

ProfessorM 03-26-2013 07:37 PM

Sorry for your loss Bill Thoughts and prayers for you and your loved ones.

JohnR 03-26-2013 09:13 PM

Hey Bill,

Great picture of your dad from last year. Very sorry, I know the feeling:

http://striped-bass.com/striper-fish...Prodouz-Sr.jpg

numbskull 03-27-2013 07:15 PM

Your father would have passed on proud of you.......and there is no greater gift you could have given him. I'm sorry for your loss.

hardcore from shore 03-30-2013 08:39 AM

Thank you all for your kind words about my dad. Plug building, even though he started at age 78 gave him 14 years of pleasure and the ability to incorporate new ideas. You all inspired him. Usually a week or 2 after plugfest he would show me new shapes or paint jobs or special effects.
My mom and family found great comfort in your thoughts and kind words. May your plugs find many fish this year and in the years to come.
Bill