Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Grumpy Old Pharts Board (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   People suck these days (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93157)

nightfighter 12-30-2017 02:49 PM

People suck these days

Went to visit Mom. Stopped at an out of the way convenient store on the way back to get Powerball ticket. Parked on 114, just clear of the crosswalk at the intersection. Came out and found someone had hit my Tahoe and run..... Left rear corner bumper and tail light. Not major but still going to cost me deductible.... People just suck. I hope the insurance company can get their azz off the bank across the street, assuming they have a camera.

spence 12-30-2017 02:53 PM

That does suck.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

piemma 12-31-2017 07:40 AM

Sorry Ross. FYI, you should see my Pickup. Passenger side all scraped with white paint back during the Summer. Fast forward to Oct and I'm at Lincoln Mall, and I come out to find my passenger front fender crumbled and my front bumper half ripped off.

No note, nothing in either case. Mall cameras showed a white pickup hit me but they never got the plate. %##@ IT. Truck is 15 years old and just my work truck but even so....

basswipe 12-31-2017 09:32 AM

I know the feeling all to well.Both my truck and car have been hit more than once.

Nebe 12-31-2017 09:46 AM

Sorry Ross. Been there. A moving truck sideswiped my van last year and opened it up like a sardine can. Cost me $500.

spence 12-31-2017 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1134344)
Sorry Ross. Been there. A moving truck sideswiped my van last year and opened it up like a sardine can. Cost me $500.

If you were a real artist you would have covered the hole with plywood and painted sardines on it :hihi:

Nebe 12-31-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1134358)
If you were a real artist you would have covered the hole with plywood and painted sardines on it :hihi:

I am a craftsman. There’s a difference.

redlite 12-31-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1134368)
I am a craftsman. There’s a difference.

What's the difference? One supposedly starving even more than the other?

Rmarsh 01-01-2018 07:36 AM

It's sucks that most people revel in getting away with something, rather than taking responsibility for their actions. It is one of the reasons we need cameras everywhere...... to get to the truth.

Rmarsh 01-01-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlite (Post 1134369)

“He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.”
Francis of Assisi

Got Stripers 01-01-2018 09:21 AM

People who can hit and run are low lifes and will probably get what they deserve at some point in there miserable lives. Hope the bank camera's catch them and they pay for more than your damage.

JohnR 01-01-2018 10:00 AM

People do suck

PaulS 01-01-2018 10:54 AM

That sucks Ross. Imagine being a miserable SOB that thinks that type of stuff is appropriate.

Slipknot 01-01-2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

A Craftsman knows how to fix his mistakes.

Yes Ross people do suck
I thought insurance won't charge a deductible on that kind of stuff

Nebe 01-01-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

I make multiples of the same design very very well and put a great deal of effort into my techniques of the trade.

An artist cares more about the emotions envolked by the person who views their work than how they actually make their work and is far less apt to make multiples of a design/concept.

I ain’t starving.

Duke41 01-01-2018 02:06 PM

May not cost you a thing. Hit and run.

Raider Ronnie 01-01-2018 06:59 PM

#^&#^&#^&#^& happens.
Sucks about your vehicle but it’s just a vehicle.
Besides, Us guys in the auto body shops got to eat too...

spence 01-01-2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Besides, Us guys in the auto body shops got to eat too...
First thing you've ever posted that made sense.

Raven 01-02-2018 08:53 AM

i dunno
seems like lotsa peeps
tearing around like the speed limit
doesn't apply to them
sorry for your trubbles NF

FishermanTim 01-05-2018 12:55 PM

That's what happens when you have so many turds driving leased vehicles (because they can't afford to actually buy and maintain one) and who "learned" all their driving habits from video games!

Driving these days is an exercise in futility with all the a-holes on the roads.

You'll know who they are because they'll be the ones that honk if you don't drive through yellow light, funeral processions or when an emergency vehicle is approaching....all because they NEED to be somewhere important (like drug dealer, liquor store or to play the lottery with their welfare money).