Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Are my the only one? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=46878)

eastendlu 02-12-2008 10:58 PM

Are my the only one?

Left work a little early today so i can get home to paint up some plugs for the plugfest and boy are my cutting it close.Only got a fraction of them done so i gues i'll be doing the same thing tommorow.Now i can't be the only one doing this so stand up and be counted anyone else out there doing the same?Or am i the only nut.

Dad 818 02-12-2008 11:52 PM

Will be doing the same thing tomorrow.

Flaptail 02-13-2008 06:02 AM

Your not the only one. I was over Numbskulls the night before last. He looks like he will need therapy after getting everything done.:err:

I repainted my contest submission plug 4 times. I wanted to kill my airbrush.:fury::realmad:

I'm better now.:angel:

numbskull 02-13-2008 07:08 AM

Trying to figure out whether I can speed up the epoxy drying by putting them in the oven Sat am...............:eek:

Backbeach Jake 02-13-2008 07:17 AM

Clearing my last 1/2 dozen tonight. Contest plugs!!?? AwwwwNuts...

johnny ducketts 02-13-2008 07:33 AM

gotta finish my last three in the next couple of days

stripercrazy 02-13-2008 08:26 AM

none

cellers too cold ,flooding today....I'm thinking why distroy a good thing and go nuts just to have a good time...when it becomes a job it too much for me.... just a hobby...I'm hopeing to eat, drink and be merry:laugha:seeing old friends and new

Woodbuster 02-13-2008 08:35 AM

Lu,
It's so bad here, I'm lookin for some of last years models to bring!!
My total finished plug count for 2008 = 2 (and they were sent out)

GooGoo Man 02-13-2008 08:35 AM

You are not the only one, In the last 2 weeks I have turned my barn into my "man cave", complete w/ lathe, radial drill press, table saw, band saw & router table. I had to build a workbench & then a spinner. I wish I had found this web site a few weeks earlier. I am in the process of trying to finish about 20 good quality plugs (have a fair amount of screwups also). Time is ticking, now its time to tie some bucktails. I wish you could speed up the drying process of the epoxy.
I can't wait to meet all the good people & see the great plugs & even trade some of my new babys. See you @ PLUGFEST!!!!:jump:

The Dad Fisherman 02-13-2008 09:08 AM

I was painting last night and I brought some to work today to Sand and Prime. Gonna be epoxying tonight and painting too.

No contest plug for me this year.....screwed it up and wasn't happy with it. Just gonna enjoy the company......and the grub

Rockfish9 02-13-2008 09:31 AM

I'm done building for awhile, I had a big push last week and got it all done,I still need to cut a bunch of hook gaurds, I've just got to put some urethain on a display rack I made and I'm ready to pack....

Rockfish9 02-13-2008 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripercrazy (Post 564908)
cellers too cold ,flooding today....I'm thinking why distroy a good thing and go nuts just to have a good time...when it becomes a job it too much for me.... just a hobby...I'm hopeing to eat, drink and be merry:laugha:seeing old friends and new

Hey Ed, bring at least one trade with ya, I've still got yer Unicorn I built for our ill fated swap last year..

wahlie 02-13-2008 12:14 PM

Lol.... I've been doing the same thing without cutting corners and sacrificing the end result. Just taking my time while being under the gun. Whatever gets completed gets done. I have a feeling tonight is going to be a late night in the cave. :yak4:

ProfessorM 02-13-2008 12:34 PM

Probably did 100 plugs in the last 3 weeks. My spinner has been running non stop. Donations, swaps, and promises. Plenty to assemble and tails to do yet. Plus I got a small swap due in March that I have not even started yet.

Rockfish9 02-13-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 564984)
Probably did 100 plugs in the last 3 weeks. My spinner has been running non stop. Donations, swaps, and promises. Plenty to assemble and tails to do yet. Plus I got a small swap due in March that I have not even started yet.

You been quiet latly.. Iknew you were up to no good....:D

Flaptail 02-13-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 564984)

I made two! plugs that is.....

Tagger 02-13-2008 04:05 PM

I'm a mess over hear .. skin plugs ... no paint .. had to make lips though.. :yak4:.. My contest plug if I even finish it is lame arse .. Trying to bust free of Portly Anglers is taking alot of time ..

ProfessorM 02-14-2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockfish9 (Post 564986)
You been quiet latly.. Iknew you were up to no good....:D

Camera has been on the fritz lately. Software problem. I hate computer stuff.

Rockfish9 02-14-2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 565190)
Camera has been on the fritz lately. Software problem. I hate computer stuff.

That explains it... I hear ya on the computer stuff...

eastendlu 02-14-2008 09:19 AM

I epoxied some last night but have to see how it comes out as i looked inside one of the epoxy bottles and it looked like it had a block of ice in it.I put it in warm water and got it to melt down somewhat so i'm hopeing when i get home tonight its nice and cured if not i'm scrwd.

Rockfish9 02-14-2008 09:29 AM

Lu, how old is the epoxy?,In the past, I know I've had e-tex I've kept over the summer, it never quite cured correctly, looked like it had ice crystals in it...

eastendlu 02-14-2008 10:38 AM

Don't know how old at least 1 year i'll know for sure tonight if it went bad.:err:

eastendlu 02-14-2008 08:21 PM

Thanks Scott i kept it under the faucet and ran hot water on the botlle
i'm still at work so i won't know if it worked until i get home later.Looked like it was a snowball inside the bottle and started melting when the warm water started to heat up the bottle.

Slipknot 02-15-2008 12:30 AM

:wave:

just got done with 10 on the spinner
I tried to use system three clearcoat and just hang them, but the first one came out like poop so I did etex on the spinner

guess I'll try to wire tom. night :rollem:

ThrowingTimber 02-15-2008 08:49 AM

I've been sick as a mf'er all week I have two a50's to wire up for a charity and I havent even been able to do that, I havent been sick in like 6 or 7 years.

ProfessorM 02-15-2008 09:08 AM

Me too Victor. I am the last in the household to get it. Nice timing.

Rockfish9 02-15-2008 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowingTimber (Post 565516)
I've been sick as a mf'er all week I have two a50's to wire up for a charity and I havent even been able to do that, I havent been sick in like 6 or 7 years.

That nasty has been going around.... I glot KO'd by it two weeks ago, first time I've missed work( for a REAL illness) in 12 years.... Get well....

The Dad Fisherman 02-15-2008 09:54 AM

My Friggan Airbrush crapped out on me last night with 1/2 a dozen left to paint :wall:.....not happy.

Backbeach Jake 02-15-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& (Post 565379)
Man the pressure :hee: I did about 200 today and only got about 3 million more to go before msba roflmao

Lu keep that warm for a while in a double boiler and it will remix...that happens to all epoxies over time.

Scott, I bet you did those 200 in less time that it takes me to mark the ends.