Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   500K max. pay? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=54967)

buckman 02-04-2009 04:02 PM

500K max. pay?

So now Obama wants to set the pay scale for companies that use bailout money. Saying this will get more stupid Americans behind the bailout I guess. I think I heard Barney Frank say that a limit should be set for all companies.... Hypocrits.....What do you bet when Hollywood gets their money there will be no such limits.

Nebe 02-04-2009 04:07 PM

Im all about it. but I am a communist art fag.

EarnedStripes44 02-04-2009 04:24 PM

I thinks its a good idea for those husbanding the sweet milk they've suckled out of the government teet and getting fat. Put the piglets on a diet.

RIJIMMY 02-04-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EarnedStripes44 (Post 661557)
I thinks its a good idea for those husbanding the sweet milk they've suckled out of the government teet and getting fat. Put the piglets on a diet.

And the government sucks 50% of these people earnings via taxes and these people pay most of the revenue the govenrment takes in. Talk about getting fat. your putting the people that PAY most of the money on a diet, while spending tons of money!

redistribution of wealth.

RIJIMMY 02-04-2009 04:50 PM

Bman - I've let the political filth spill over into the Scuppers, see my post on the article on wall st.

buckman 02-04-2009 05:40 PM

What about setting a max. of 500k for the politicians. Then they wouldn't be cheating on thier taxes. They suck from the trough and give nothing in return. Hell, Clinton made 10's of millions last year and we pay him, his staff and his security.

The Dad Fisherman 02-04-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 661574)
What about setting a max. of 500k for the politicians.

The President's salary is $400,000 a year and the senate and congress is less than $200,000 a year so it's already there.

But if you are OK with giving a Bank $50B of the taxpayers money and having there execs take a few million of that each for Bonuses.......more power to you....I prefer they cap it.....once they pay it back they can give their execs a gazillion Dollars for all I Care

and Barney Frank is a moron......

JohnnyD 02-04-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 661574)
What about setting a max. of 500k for the politicians. Then they wouldn't be cheating on thier taxes. They suck from the trough and give nothing in return. Hell, Clinton made 10's of millions last year and we pay him, his staff and his security.

Most of Clinton's money was made on investments, speaking arrangements and his books.

It's an interesting situation about the security. Legally, he only gets Secret Security protection for 10 years after leaving office, but with Hillary now in the cabinet, I wonder what'll be the case.

Crafty Angler 02-04-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 661590)

It's an interesting situation about the security. Legally, he only gets Secret Security protection for 10 years after leaving office, but with Hillary now in the cabinet, I wonder what'll be the case.

What I want to know is who is gonna protect Bill from Attilla the Hen now that she's Secretary of State...:shocked:

MAC 02-04-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 661590)
Most of Clinton's money was made on investments, speaking arrangements and his books.

I thought Clinton made it 10 years for secret service protection beginning with his successor.

MAC 02-04-2009 07:52 PM

http://www.sodahead.com/blog/35489/b...fter-10-years/

Old slick willy failed to include himself in the 10 year plan.....................

Joe 02-05-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 661562)
And the government sucks 50% of these people earnings via taxes and these people pay most of the revenue the govenrment takes in. Talk about getting fat. your putting the people that PAY most of the money on a diet, while spending tons of money!

redistribution of wealth.

50% top-tax rate?
You pay a sliding scale on the first 100,000 of earnings and then the top rate is 39%
Payment in income not classified as wages is taxed at 15%.
Corporate taxes have never been more favorable.

Crafty Angler 02-05-2009 08:43 AM

Man, people bitching about only making $500K a year...

Eeeee coooodeeeesh....:hs:

This Alice in Wonderland economy just gets curioser and curioser ...:eek5:

Back Beach 02-05-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 661553)
So now Obama wants to set the pay scale for companies that use bailout money. Saying this will get more stupid Americans behind the bailout I guess. I think I heard Barney Frank say that a limit should be set for all companies.... Hypocrits.....What do you bet when Hollywood gets their money there will be no such limits.

Its posturing by Obama, plain and simple. The clowns who took the financial companies down due to excessive risk taking are simply being questioned now. In my mind the question being asked is "Do you really need this money, or change in management/strategy?"
The folks at Goldman were all to quick in assuring the speedy return of gov't funds as they wished not to punish their management for whatever their performance objectives may be. This tells me most of the tarp/bailout money is "nice to have" as it makes the balance sheets appear better, but it not needed to run the businesses. Most of the money is just sitting there in need of a home.
My question is why are the automakers getting a pass here?

Take the effing pill and let these broken companies go down, for god sakes. We're just digging a deeper hole every time the gov't steps in with aid.

PaulS 02-05-2009 11:41 AM

If Hollywood takes the bailout are you saying there won't be the same restrictions? If a company doesn't like the requirement, they don't have to take the $.

The next post maybe by someone who heard that its going to be extended to every company in the US.

eastendlu 02-05-2009 01:00 PM

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...orina.intv.cnn

I think she has the right idea.