Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Stung again and again and again (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=95484)

piemma 08-29-2019 10:14 AM

Stung again and again and again

I work at the GC and never get stung. I work on my land and BAM!!!! Yellow jacket nests in the ground. This one was good for a 1/2 dozen.
Brush machine is still down in the woods. Fortunately I turned the key off before I ran. I'll get it before dawn tomorrow AM.

BFThunter 08-29-2019 01:51 PM

I got it a couple weeks ago from a bald face nest that I didn't notice. Never seen one 6" off the ground before. Dropped my tools and ran like a maniac, wound up only getting stung 4 times but MAN do they hurt.

piemma 08-29-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BFThunter (Post 1173161)
I got it a couple weeks ago from a bald face nest that I didn't notice. Never seen one 6" off the ground before. Dropped my tools and ran like a maniac, wound up only getting stung 4 times but MAN do they hurt.

Yes, much worse than the YJs. I hit a nest 1 foot off the ground 2 years ago. Hurt for 3 days.

spence 08-29-2019 02:44 PM

Get some of the 7 dust, drop it in the hole with a cup on a pole.

redlite 08-29-2019 06:27 PM

Man I been pounding nails for almost 10 yrs now and never been stung till last week. Pulled a rake board and whamooed. Came off a 12 ft ladder to the ground in a hurry. Boss thought it was funny. Gave me a 9.5 as I stuck the landing but he had to demerit me for wavin my arms. Almost ate it again yesterday. 2 in a week. WTF. Time for an office job
Buddy wacked one in the ground the other day and got stuck almost 60 times. Almost apologetic shock.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

piemma 08-30-2019 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1173166)
Get some of the 7 dust, drop it in the hole with a cup on a pole.

Never thought of that Jeff. problem is, you don't see the nest until it's too late.

Rmarsh 08-31-2019 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlite (Post 1173177)
Man I been pounding nails for almost 10 yrs now and never been stung till last week. Pulled a rake board and whamooed. Came off a 12 ft ladder to the ground in a hurry. Boss thought it was funny. Gave me a 9.5 as I stuck the landing but he had to demerit me for wavin my arms. Almost ate it again yesterday. 2 in a week. WTF. Time for an office job
Buddy wacked one in the ground the other day and got stuck almost 60 times. Almost apologetic shock.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Worked for years on pump staging with my brother, who goes about 250# and has a reputation as a brawler, afraid of no man, but a couple of bees sends him into a panic. he moves to avoid a bee/hornet and the staging sways and planks bounce up and down....I tell him " falling off this #^&#^&#^&#^&in staging is gonna hurt alot more than a freikin bee sting" calm the #^&#^&#^&#^& down". Now if you're allergic to stings like my son who has to carry a pen to inject himself, it can be very serious.
Mike: it would be a big adjustment to go to an office job now after working outside and on site. I tried it and I was miserable. Too confining, no change of scenery, more rules...no fresh air...it sucked.