Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Scooter (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=38991)

JohnR 03-06-2007 08:18 PM

Scooter

So what happened?

Proper justice or a conspiracy or got the wrong guy?

spence 03-06-2007 10:16 PM

Well, they got the right guy...from a legal standpoint under the scope of the investigation.

But I'd also agree he was the fall guy.

So follow the money :hihi:

This conviction (or four of them) was about #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney and the Iraq War...there's no getting around this.

-spence

Raven 03-07-2007 07:56 AM

he better not write a friggan book

Nebe 03-07-2007 08:22 AM

spence took the words out of my mouth yet agian.. fall guy.

at least the bush administration has finally been held acountable for something.

"uffah!!" 03-07-2007 08:25 AM

Sorry to say, but, this time I agree with everything said. I think that it has been Cheney all along.

wheresmy50 03-07-2007 08:30 AM

"Well, they got the right guy...from a legal standpoint under the scope of the investigation."

How do you figure that?

He was convicted of purjury, not for the original crime (i.e. the scope of the investigation).

From what I've read, several people had inconsistencies in their testimony, but they went after Libby and not the rest. If that's true, it does raise some questions.

OnTheLedge 03-07-2007 09:32 AM

Will the "fall guy" really fall?

According to my wife, who is an attorney and a federal public defender, here's what will happen next. Scooter will appeal. He'll be released during that process, which will take forever. Then... just after the election....you guessed it...Bush will pardon him.

spence 03-07-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheresmy50 (Post 471195)
How do you figure that?

He was convicted of purjury, not for the original crime (i.e. the scope of the investigation).

From what I've read, several people had inconsistencies in their testimony, but they went after Libby and not the rest. If that's true, it does raise some questions.

Libby was found guilty of obstructing justice (etc...) in the original investigation...just because there were not other indictments could mean there weren't other crimes, or the prosecutor didn't feel he had a strong enough case to bring to a grand jury.

Think about it, if you're going to go after Rove for instance...you'd better know you're going to win.

-spence

"uffah!!" 03-07-2007 10:47 AM

Well why shouldn't Bush pardon him? Clinton pardoned every Tom,#^&#^&#^&#^&,and Harry before he left office , at $100,000 each
Its no wonder he's worth millions now!!

spence 03-07-2007 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "uffah!!" (Post 471263)
Well why shouldn't Bush pardon him? Clinton pardoned every Tom,#^&#^&#^&#^&,and Harry before he left office , at $100,00.00 each
Its no wonder he's worth millions now!!

Clinton certainly had some pardons deserving of negative critique.

But to say this is justification for a Bush pardon for Libby, a man who's guilty of lying to cover up the marketing effort for the war...is just stoopid talk.

-spence

Flaptail 03-07-2007 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 471228)
According to my wife, who is an attorney and a federal public defender, here's what will happen next. Scooter will appeal. He'll be released during that process, which will take forever. Then... just after the election....you guessed it...Bush will pardon him.

Bingo. He was a good soldier and fell on his sword for Cheney. He will appeal, that process will go a year and a half and on Bush's last day in office in the last hour, as all past presidents have done, he will be pardoned and guess what? He will get his pension!

It was too bad that the war in Iraq couldn't have been this well planned. Ol' Scooter was this administrations version of a holy martyr.