Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   STORM RESULTS <>?? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=92954)

Clammer 10-30-2017 12:30 PM

STORM RESULTS <>??

What do you think this last storm will do to the remainder of the season ???.............Sandi .shut down the Tautog & the fall quota was never reached ><>< & this storm was the five year anniversary OF SANDI ><><:huh::huh:

JFigliuolo 10-30-2017 12:51 PM

Not sure about the fishing. But i'm a complete wreck thinking about leaves sitting on my boat and staining the deck... :)

Clammer 10-30-2017 01:10 PM

I already took care of that for ya ><><:wave:

Gale & I were going crabbin this afternoon but with the wind & dropping temp .F U C K it .

Weatherman messed up again yesterday but you kept me out too long the day before .. didn,t go ...............BAITMAN smoked the Scup .he,s killin it on price when you get them at this time of year ><>< I settled for sea glass this morning ><><:smokin:

DZ 10-30-2017 01:14 PM

Probably catch a bunch of those tiny bass that are almost ghost like in appearance in this cloudy water. Will take quite a while to settle but you hate to loose any days this time of season.

Got Stripers 10-30-2017 01:32 PM

Spend most of the day cutting up the neighbors choke cherry tree which ended up in our back yard, my hands are so tired now I doubt I could hold a fishing rod.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

piemma 10-30-2017 02:03 PM

Never lost power. Lots of limbs down and I have some big trees down but they are all in the woods.
Interesting thing is we have our own not-for-profit utility company called the Pascoag Utility District. National Grid down everywhere.

Middle of the woods and we never skipped a beat.

basswipe 10-30-2017 03:18 PM

My results are free kindling/firewood for the foreseeable future.

Nebe 10-30-2017 05:47 PM

I just had a few beers the ocean mist and was watching 15 to 20 pound bass frolicking in the surf a half cast from the beach

Sea Dangles 10-30-2017 06:06 PM

👀

bobber 10-30-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1130700)
I just had a few beers the ocean mist and was watching 15 to 20 pound bass frolicking in the surf a half cast from the beach

bastard....... I friggin hate hearing stuff like that when I'm pinned down at work

ct_fisher 10-30-2017 07:27 PM

And you believed him LOL

chefchris401 10-30-2017 07:27 PM

Powers out in riverside and Bristol

Lots of big trees down, lots of debris all over

Some houses damaged that I saw in my travels today

nightfighter 10-30-2017 07:53 PM

Spent much of the day behind a chainsaw.... Fortunately not on my property. Limbs and full trees down all over town, with two poles as well. Heard it is much worse in southern Conn. MIL is still without power, so better half drove down this evening. But not before leaving a full bowl of candy as I will be solo tomorrow night...

Over the years I have been at odds with my neighbor, but only over his trees, which overhang my property and roof. I have spent good money trimming them back and have removed two choke cherries on my dime. One tree in particular is very brittle and loses smaller branches in all seasons. He has refused to participate with his check book. Well, three weeks ago a shrinkwrapped 18' CC I did not know he owned was parked directly under said tree...... This morning there was a six foot limb the diameter of my fist plunged through the shrinkwrap. Hoping he will be more receptive on my next phone call....

Rockfish9 10-31-2017 06:10 AM

Pretty sedate around me...I had only one big limb come down on the winter cover on the pond...no damage...I had it cut up and shredded in an hour...glad my boat was home and covered..

Rmarsh 10-31-2017 06:25 AM

Water down here in Westport is filthy, how long you think it will take to clear up?

spence 10-31-2017 07:16 AM

With this wind? Hell, last night sounded just about as bad as Monday morning.

DZ 10-31-2017 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rmarsh (Post 1130735)
Water down here in Westport is filthy, how long you think it will take to clear up?

All depends on wind direction and runoff. Generally a few days. Quicker in areas that are more rocky with less sand (Newport).

Mike P 10-31-2017 08:24 AM

Power's still out in parts of the Cape and Plymouth. Eversource says possibly until midnight tonight.

93 mph gust recorded in Mashpee.

trevier 10-31-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 1130746)
Power's still out in parts of the Cape and Plymouth. Eversource says possibly until midnight tonight.

93 mph gust recorded in Mashpee.

93? Holy smokes. Wonder how it was on the canal during this.

piemma 10-31-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevier (Post 1130748)
93? Holy smokes. Wonder how it was on the canal during this.

Funny you should mention the CCC. I was talking to someone last night that was working near the Canal and he said that it look like the Ocean on a stormy day. Big rollers.

paradoxjim 10-31-2017 09:42 AM

We always are among the first in South Kingstown to loose power during any storm, so I was fully expecting to wake up without on Monday. A lot of houses near us are without, but ours never even hiccupped.

The other house down in Stonington? I've already got a tree company lined up for that one. Several widow makers hanging from up high that I can't get at, limbs hanging and down, debris everywhere and no electricity. I'm convinced that the wind always blows harder down there than here in Wakefield. Storm damage is always worse down there.

Ed B 10-31-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1130700)

Just curious Eben, How many beers did you have before the bass showed up? :buds: :cheers:

albythereforyou 10-31-2017 02:38 PM

storm impact in the Western LIS.

NADA.

still finding blitzing bass and blues all over, and yes the albies are still around. went 1-2 today, broke one off at my feet in the rocks then finally managed to stick one.

JohnR 10-31-2017 06:43 PM

I am fishing for an Internet connection - power just came back on

nightfighter 10-31-2017 07:25 PM

http://www.eagletribune.com/news/hav...7fcde7b07.html

This is the kind of crap that is inexcusable. Regulations should be tightened so that these companies, be they public or private, have provisions in place, ie. generators, and be required to report these events publicly in a timely manner.

OLD GOAT 11-01-2017 08:58 AM

few trees down on the Cape. More so than most storms.
No power loss this storm.Stay safe guys.

zimmy 11-01-2017 09:59 AM

My power came on a 4 am. Time to wire the house for a generator.

piemma 11-01-2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 1130804)
My power came on a 4 am. Time to wire the house for a generator.

Best investment we ever made. I don't even think about the power going out. Whole house is wired and ready to go. The only think I don't have wired in is the central air conditioning.