Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Plugfest 2018 date? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93158)

Slipknot 12-30-2017 04:52 PM

Plugfest 2018 date?

Hi All,
I see there is still some interest in having a plugfest this year again.

I can rent the hall at Monument Beach Sportsmans' club again if you want to but we need to select a date that will work for the most people.

Feb. 10th or 24th

Also we need some people to do some demonstrations.

Participation has gone way down in recent years as it seems most of us don't build as much as we used to or are busy with our lives.

If you can commit to coming or do a demo, that would be great. I need to get an idea of how many are interested or we won't bother renting a hall again. So please reply to this thread.

Thank you,
Bruce

ProfessorM 12-30-2017 06:11 PM

I am in and vote for the 24
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

nightfighter 12-30-2017 06:23 PM

I am in. Vote for the 24th as well. I am far from being the guy you want to demo, but could bring a tool to help out with a demo.....
Has everyone seen the duplicator set up with Paul's carbide insert?

chefchris401 12-30-2017 07:07 PM

Can’t make either one 100% cause of work but the 24th would be more likely if work isn’t doing mandatory saturdays

pbadad 12-31-2017 01:11 PM

As of now I'm in. 24th is my vote. I could bring my small Jet w/ dupe. Could use it for demo for first timers interested in getting a dupe for themselves if they're on the edge of a purchase.

Guppy 12-31-2017 04:35 PM

Don't have much to offer in the line of plugs but willing to bring pot of chowdah again...

Slipknot 01-02-2018 08:35 PM

Not very much of a response here, I guess that is understandable.

If we don't see more people say they will go, I will not be filling out this application for the hall and send the payment. The 24th is available.

Guppy mentioned in the TFCTFN thread that since JohnR is swamped and cannot prepare for the night out, that maybe we can combine the 2 events on the same day. It is possible if you ask me but there has to be some interaction. We can have a potluck and have a giant raffle table but as far as entertainment, well you aren't going to be seeing me playing guitar for you all some come up with something.

I don't know what to do about plugfest, please give me a head count.

In :wave:

EricW 01-02-2018 09:45 PM

I'd be in for the 24th. I would love to everyone again as I missed last couple.
Eric

nightfighter 01-02-2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricW (Post 1134475)
I'd be in for the 24th. I would love to everyone again as I missed last couple.
Eric

Bring your Work Sharp I want to try it out....

pbadad 01-03-2018 07:36 AM

In

striperswiper75 01-03-2018 09:30 AM

Has there ever been talk about moving the event to a different location? Driving from the shoreline of CT to Bourne is a decent drive to make. Just a thought.

I have attended plug fest once before and did enjoy it. Now that I am trying to make plugs there is a greater desire to attend again.

JLH 01-03-2018 11:53 AM

If my schedule allows I would like to make it this year. At this point the 24th should work for me.

Slipknot 01-03-2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striperswiper75 (Post 1134492)
Has there ever been talk about moving the event to a different location? Driving from the shoreline of CT to Bourne is a decent drive to make. Just a thought.

I have attended plug fest once before and did enjoy it. Now that I am trying to make plugs there is a greater desire to attend again.

I understand it is a long drive for some, sorry

This hall is only $100 so it keeps the cost down.

Fairhaven VFW I think is a bit more, the Wareham Elks is even more than that.
If someone wants to get something in RI, then someone would have to step up and organize that.

If anyone has any suggestion on how to get more word out on this and get more participation, I am all ears.

thanks

Old Man 01-04-2018 05:47 AM

In..

pbadad 01-04-2018 07:41 AM

Bruce I would think plug building suppliers would have a vested interest in promoting a plug building gathering. Reaching out to the few in our area may help. They can post on their website about Plugfest and details. I realize as of now details are not carved in stone but even if a cry out is put on their sites of a possible plug builders gathering (Plugfest) looking to organize with probable date. Maybe a link to the SB site to add their intent of interest.

Slipknot 01-07-2018 03:58 PM

Thank you, I can reach out to Mike at M&D's but if you have any others in mind by all means point them in the right direction.

WE have decided we should just combine this event with the Too friggan cold to fish night and have it at all together on the same day. Please see the thread in the main forum.
Thanks

stripermaineiac 01-08-2018 12:27 PM

Ill be there.