Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Pray For Me (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=17291)

Newboater 08-20-2004 04:39 PM

Wish Me Luck (Changed)

Well, should get the boat back tomorrow after a water test. New gears and seals on lower unit.

BUT

Went out with wife today and she is in love with a Polar Center Console 19 footer. Says it would be nice to cruise in since it isn't too big and is very nice for fishing.

Could get a good deal on my 20 foot Mach I Challanger which is a cuddy model with a Merc 4.3 190 HP. Of course dealer is going to make a cut for himself but still looks good.

Say a 'Fishermans Prayer' for me that wife decides we should do it and I'll have 2004/2005 19 Ft Polar with 90 or 115 HP 4 stroke outgoard.

P l e a a a a s s e e e !!

Sarge

Rappin Mikey 08-21-2004 08:27 AM

Now I lay me down to sleep
Bag of peanuts at my feet
If I die before I wake
Give them to my brother Jake.
Amen

Anyone know where I got that prayer?

Good luck NB

beachwalker 08-21-2004 08:30 AM

cracker jacks ?

Rappin Mikey 08-22-2004 09:32 AM

From an army show.

beachwalker 08-22-2004 10:27 AM

:)

whats up kayak man ?

Rappin Mikey 08-22-2004 12:22 PM

It was from an episode of MASH. I think Radar says that prayer. Hey Beachwalker, I read that book. Can't remember who the author was though. Eastern philosophy right?

Jonny Bolt 08-22-2004 12:40 PM

You dont have to hijack the Sarge's thread. Have a little respect and atleast TRY to stay on topic.

Go with the 115 Lee :D I can hook you up with Brandon who is from Somersworth, he's get a 115 and might be able to offer some advice if you'd like ;)

And good luck.

beachwalker 08-22-2004 12:56 PM

below me

who made you moderator ?

mikey will drive up and whack this chump across the face please. Or at least go to the ditch fling and watch this cheesball not even show ?

ok dolt i am prepared for your next tantrum

:rolleyes:

JohnR 08-22-2004 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by beachwalker
below me

who made you moderator ?

mikey will drive up and whack this chump across the face please. Or at least go to the ditch fling and watch this cheesball not even show ?

ok dolt i am prepared for your next tantrum

:rolleyes:

Beach - please just leave him alone - all you do his push his magic button and watch the fireworks...

J.B. - don't try to be the moderator please...

NewBoater - how about "Wish me Luck" or "Fisherman's Prayers" or something like that. "Pray fo Me" should really be that you need some prayers for people as you've lost someone or someone you love and respect is in some dire straights.... All that said - hope you got the boat :D

beachwalker 08-22-2004 02:00 PM

:blush:

Rappin Mikey 08-22-2004 02:31 PM

JB - To think I stuck up for you when people were ragging on you about your avatar.
1. I thought "Ole sarge" might like the army humor.
2. If you have nothing nice to say to me please don't say anything.
3. Try Decaf.
4. Sorry Sarge

Newboater 09-02-2004 07:19 AM

Ain't Naw-Thin

Seems to me I should have said something like 'Wish Me Luck'

Of course any thought about a new boat would be appreciated.

Although my boat is 14 yrs old, it is in great shape with all the work I've done on it in addition to repairs like spit and polish all the fiberglass, sand and redo the teak wood, scrub the seats and stuff. Looks great.

The boat place offered me $7,000.00 for the boat towards a $29,000.00 Polar center console 19 footer loaded and T-Top with a 115 4 stroke EFI on it.

Got to think about it since retirement puts a crimp in the pocket change now-a-days. Very tempting indeed.

Positive thinking guys - Thanks

Sarge

JohnR 09-03-2004 09:11 AM

Ya know - that's an awful lot of money for a 19 footer even if they are showing overvalue for your boat. What is your boat reasonably worth? The Polars are nice but that's steep. You could out fit a 21 Seahunt for that coin or other good boats for less (just stay away from Angler)

Newboater 09-03-2004 08:43 PM

The Boat

Yup, I think they are raising the price on the 19 footer to get me to trade in my 20 foot cuddy.

I honestly think my boat is worth about 5K with its condition and the maintenance I've had done which they know about.

I'm letting them call me every other day with newer offers. Even got a fish finder/depth gauge in the deal now. Guess I'll let them figure out what they want to do with their stock now that Sep/Oct is rolling around.

Sarge

SmokeBringer 09-05-2004 08:02 AM

Hey JohnR,

I have an Angler (25' WA dual 200 Zuks) and I like everything about it (so far :-). My boat is very heavy (around 6000 lbs dry weight) and rides nice. I does roll a bit more than most boats but I also find it runs into or with the chop better than most (always a trade-off I guess).

So I'm curious...what is the (bad) word on Angler?

Smoke