Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What Is The Nicest Custom Plug In Your Collection And Who Made It? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=25199)

BigFish 08-07-2005 08:32 PM

What Is The Nicest Custom Plug In Your Collection And Who Made It?

Going through my plugs today and I had to ask myself that question......and my answer was a difficult one! I must say that after going through them all.......it is a toss up between......Lab1's swimmers of which I have 2 and the beautiful squid plug Striperhound sent me a week or so ago....the purple one! Just awesome work on both! :kewl:

Bet we will see a great deal of diversity on this thread!

BigFish 08-07-2005 08:37 PM

Whoops! Got to throw one more up to the top.....just found my Canalman polaris popper......what a great specimen! :drool:

Raven 08-07-2005 10:21 PM

i'd have to say...

a beautiful yellow danny swimmer i now have ...
has some initials on it 's belly J.P.I. :uhuh:

MAC 08-08-2005 04:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a tough one as I have a bunch of nice customs hanging in the above my desk. But I have to go with this one. It was made by Chumbucket and is named T-1 Terminator.

Charleston 08-08-2005 08:29 AM

Naming one particular custom would mean never getting another one from the guys not mentioned........I luv'em all :bgi:

BigFish 08-08-2005 08:49 AM

Not looking to cause any problems.....I just get so impressed with the quality of everyones work. I was sorting through all my plugs as I will be moving soon (no they are not for sale) and I really had a tough time finding a favorite plug.....I do love them all....thats why they hang in my collection. Its just that a few seem to stand out personally......mostly it is the paint work that impresses me. This thread was not started to demean any one builders work, but just to discuss different styles of the builders I guess. I must have plugs from just about everyone.....and I think they are all fabulous! :drool:

Now that I have spread some warm butter on you guys.....send me more plugs please! :laugha:

RIROCKHOUND 08-08-2005 01:24 PM

Nicest: BassAssasin's (where are you Ken?) knucklehead popper... schweet...
Close second; Christian gold needle...
Caught the most; PIemma swimmer... the pocket at a western spot.... :D:D

Flaptail 08-08-2005 01:55 PM

It's a three parter. Gibbs turned the basic bodies for me for Flaptails, 25 of them a couple years back using one I had originally shaped by hand from a piece of cedar with a hand rasp and sand paper. So I took one and I shaped the head, drill it, seal it and then Fishingfreak took it and painted it in the flag pattern. It's the most perfect plug I have.

BigFish 08-08-2005 02:08 PM

You can't beat a plug thats been "Freaked" out! :heybaby:

Slingah 08-08-2005 03:53 PM

all my BFLarry plugs(Ive got a nice stash goin) :love:
Tagger gave me my first custom anice wonderbread danny(he a good chit)

Tagger 08-08-2005 04:04 PM

Slingah....u good chit too..

pops 08-08-2005 04:10 PM

anyone have a PICTURE ! :shocked:

bassmaster 08-08-2005 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yeah

pops 08-08-2005 04:53 PM

:yak5:

Slipknot 08-08-2005 05:48 PM

That is so hard to choose because they are all so different and I wouldn't want to bum anyone out by not mentioning them. But even after saying that, :) I feel I can safely say it's a toss up between a Mr.Pogie bottle and a chumbucket chumster. Everyone knows those 2 are artists and fanatical about their plug building.
I'll see if I can get a shot of this bottle plug but for now I think I have the chumster
http://www.bmwoodworking.com/brucefi...umsurfster.JPG

lousy pic but I ain't no photographer

BigFish 08-08-2005 07:23 PM

Good answer Slingah.... :laugha:....how many plugs do I owe you for that? :hidin:

Backbeach Jake 08-08-2005 07:56 PM

There are so many great builders these days... Got a ton of Bigfishes, Taggers, and MACs that will never see water, true works of art. Look , I gotta tell ya, all the builders of this era are amazing! We are in a true golden age of plug building. There's never been anything like this and it's growing exponentially! Auctioneers in the future will be tearing their hair out!!! I'm sorry that I can't recall more names right now, it's late and I'm old. But you all are to be commended for your work. Today we set a bar very high, Check out plug night at MSBA if you can, it'll be an eyepopper!!

Diggin Jiggin 08-08-2005 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got a pearl/pink Mac Danny that I really love but my favorite is this one that Slip traded me at plugfest. I have fished this one a few times but I'm mostly sneaking out to fish at night so topwater hasn't been in the cards much for me.

Everytime I look at it I just can't believe it doesn't have a battery.

Gloucester2 08-09-2005 10:05 AM

I don't have no plugs :hidin:

:faga:

fishweewee 08-09-2005 10:39 AM

The ones I guard very jealously (in no particular order) are my Mr. Pogie bottle plug, my Chumbucket Chumsters, and my Bassmaster needlefish.

Speaking of Chumbucket - where the heck are ya Matt? :wave:

BassAssasin 08-09-2005 04:54 PM

Nicest would have to be either a Mr. Pogie bottle or a Steve F. plug (any of several, they are all beautys). Brian, thanks for the praise. I may be up your way for a couple days in the fall. I'll be in touch, would love to climb some rocks with you again.

jomlt9@AOL.COM 08-09-2005 08:35 PM

Well I would have to say Mc Fadden swimmer a local plug builder in N.J. and a plug a ol'timer Tony Spina owned Lex Lures a few years back made me this pikie okay I have 3 this cannon swimmer too. Dont have any plugs from this site kinda new to it but some of you guys are making some sweet stuff ......... :kewl: :kewl: :kewl: :kewl: :skulz:

BigFish 08-10-2005 05:44 AM

Its coming...a new favorite for you to fish! :btu:

zacs 08-10-2005 07:42 AM

my favorite is a PNG blue white surfster that I won at plugfest. So nice, and catches.

_Z_

Iwannakeeper 08-10-2005 10:13 AM

I am holding out for my 'freaked' flag plug

TheRattBoy 08-10-2005 03:51 PM

Well, lets see...it seems everyone is talking nicest looking and if were talking custom, not sold in shops but one of a kind ( basement built )...that's easy , a big Guzzby popper. The only plug given to me that has not ( yet ) been in the water.This was done during his spray can days :btu: johnny

jomlt9@AOL.COM 08-10-2005 04:04 PM

Okay Larry that plug will get alot of hours on it thats all we throw this way in fall swimmers into the peanut bunker but have 2 trips sept montauk first week in oct cape cod :tooth:

JohnR 08-10-2005 04:47 PM

Jeeez - wouldn't know where to start. I will say that there are only a handful of plugs I won't fish; a Dr Mac & Mr Freak Flag Pikie, a Slip Pat's Danny, A Mr Pogiue Bottle Swimmer. Oh, there is a Eben Vase (as in the shape of a Vase or Vahhzzz)Popper that I'm not sure I could swim :hihi:

partsjay 08-10-2005 09:09 PM

Quote:

all my BFLarry plugs(Ive got a nice stash goin)
If I can get my f-n lathe fixed I am going to try and ho 1 of his swimmers from him at Plug Night.

Thumb-Burner 08-14-2005 02:12 PM

just one??!!

can't do it.. favorites would be

MAC bunker danny

Mr. Pogie bunker bottle

Tobias Bunker Pencil

Guzz - 2 1/2 oz wonderbread glider

AdamR - jointed swimmer and a copy of the one he caught his 51#er on! :D