Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   CVS will never see any business of mine again (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=33161)

UserRemoved1 07-20-2006 06:13 AM

CVS will never see any business of mine again

http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/capelandmark19.htm

That thing has been a fixture there for many moons. I know it's been mentioned here before also.

I forbid my wife to shop at Walmart, and CVS is now added to the list. It's only about profit and nothing else. :nailem:

If they were smart they'd leave the thing there and let the kids get enjoyment out of seeing it. At the least they could do is pay to have it moved somewhere for the town but that's asking too much.

RIJIMMY 07-20-2006 08:30 AM

I remember that thing since I was a little kid, sort of a milestone that we were almost on teh cape. that really sucks. A freakin CVS????? Who needs another one of those???!!!!

spence 07-20-2006 08:56 AM

I stopped shopping at CVS ever since they said their pharmacy didn't have to dispense birth control if the individual working the counter had moral objections :gf:

-spence

pmueller 07-20-2006 09:15 AM

I'ld be more pissed at who sold the property to begin with. Wonder if the state owned that land???

Mugz 07-20-2006 09:17 AM

What happened to the old fashioned petition? This should be kept locally.

Mike P 07-20-2006 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY
I remember that thing since I was a little kid, sort of a milestone that we were almost on teh cape. that really sucks. A freakin CVS????? Who needs another one of those???!!!!

Almost? Last time I checked, Buzzards Bay was still in Barnstable County :wall:

The Canal hasn't been there forever, you know.

NaCl H2O 07-20-2006 10:33 AM

Time to write CVS a letter. If the tug is destroyed I'll never set foot in that store.

NaCl H2O 07-20-2006 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaCl H2O
Time to write CVS a letter. If the tug is destroyed I'll never set foot in that store.

CVS Corporation
Corporate Headquarters
One CVS Drive
Woonsocket, RI 02895

RIJIMMY 07-20-2006 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P
Almost? Last time I checked, Buzzards Bay was still in Barnstable County :wall:

The Canal hasn't been there forever, you know.

As a kid, the cape to me was Truro, P-town. Thats where my family camped each year and the Tug meant that the 5 hr ride was almost over.

Mike P 07-20-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY
As a kid, the cape to me was Truro, P-town. Thats where my family camped each year and the Tug meant that the 5 hr ride was almost over.

As a kid, that was probably right.

Today, it might mean another 3-4 hours on Rte 6 :D

Swimmer 07-20-2006 12:08 PM

That tug should be moved onto vacant unused land at the campground under the Bourne Bridge.

MrHunters 07-20-2006 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence
I stopped shopping at CVS ever since they said their pharmacy didn't have to dispense birth control if the individual working the counter had moral objections :gf:

-spence

is that true?

Katie 07-20-2006 01:50 PM

i remember that boat being there from when i was little and when my dad and i used to go on road trips when i was really young i'd always look out the window and stare at it... i still do when i see it..

thats ashame.. last time i was in a cvs was... ummm.. years ago..never liked them, all over priced..

Bass Babe 07-20-2006 02:01 PM

mofos. :af:

spence 07-20-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHunters
is that true?

It happened a year or so ago...I'm not sure if it's a formal policy, but they certainly stood behind the employee with the objection when it occured.

-spence

Skitterpop 07-20-2006 06:42 PM

Its too late to turn back now. The ship is rotting away. Some folks want parts of it ,its said.

I`ll miss it :(

Slick Moedee 07-21-2006 10:12 AM

If someone would be willing to draft up a generic letter and post it hear, or anywhere the public has access to it, I think more folks would send one to CVS. Having no real connection to this landmark, does not lessen it's importance in regards to forming memories. More and more these days one area is being stripped of it's unique character due to these large corporations. Sucks.

Flaptail 07-22-2006 11:48 AM

Actually, it's going to be moved to a marine park in NJ, right next to where it was berthed for 2o something odd years when it was in service. So it's going home so to speak and will not be cut up and scrapped. Barge will take it home to NJ sometime in the near future. I'll miss it but at least it's getting a second chance.

Slingah 07-22-2006 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaptail
Actually, it's going to be moved to a marine park in NJ, right next to where it was berthed for 2o something odd years when it was in service. So it's going home so to speak and will not be cut up and scrapped. Barge will take it home to NJ sometime in the near future. I'll miss it but at least it's getting a second chance.

sounds like a happy ending after all.....still don't need another CVS though

Mike P 07-22-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaptail

One sticking point left--they have to find someone willing to move it from the circle to MMA to be loaded on a barge. Moran Tugs has already agreed to take it to Bayonne if they can somehow get it to MMA.

Striperknight 07-22-2006 03:01 PM

Thats it send it down here. I 'll trade you guys 2 walgreens for it. Every corner of every possible peice of land in N.J they are placing a CVS or Walgreens. Its sick.

striprman 07-22-2006 03:09 PM

That would make a great episode for "Mega-Movers"

Nebe 07-22-2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence

-spence

yup. same here.