Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Sports Talk - Title Town (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Schilling.... (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=38671)

afterhours 02-24-2007 07:56 AM

Schilling....

talk about dollar wise penny foolish- seems the sox want to play hardball with curt. he wants an extension for '08 for 13 mil. he's a proven commodity who's put it all on the line for the sox, yes we owe him. hell gil mesh makes that kind of $$. give dl drew the moon and take a harda$$ stand with curt- 'effin stupid.

Canalman 02-24-2007 10:12 AM

Well he is pushing 40... and starting to show it. I still like Schill A lot, but I think it's a great move, let him prove himself first.

vineyardblues 02-24-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canalman (Post 467215)
Well he is pushing 40... and starting to show it. I still like Schill A lot, but I think it's a great move, let him prove himself first.

I like him, I also hope and think he will prove it this year.
But why the early drama :wall:
VB

boot man 02-24-2007 12:06 PM

Let me preface my statement by saying I really like Schilling on the team. He shows lots of guts, studies his arse off, keeps guys in line, intelligent enough to speak his mind with the press, and he doesnt get along with D!ck, I mean Dan Shaughnessy.

But do you think maybe he could have come into camp in better shape, and then asked for the extension? Looking more like El Guapo than a guy you sign at age 42 for $13M. But better yet, maybe we get a chance to sign him after the season...for what he is truly worth.

Canalman 02-24-2007 01:59 PM

Shaugnessy is a #^&#^&#^&#^& you're right... f---ing red faced self important prick, thinks everyone cares what he has to say. I don;t think he misses too many martini's at happy hour from the looks of that red faced idiot. I wish he'd disapear.

Raider Ronnie 02-24-2007 03:31 PM

I like him,
But he's 41 years old, and last season wasn't worth 13mill, so I don't blame Theo !

BigFish 02-24-2007 04:37 PM

Betcha at seasons end his numbers are worlds better than....dice-k.....and he is costing them $20,000,000 a season!:doh:

Pay him....we do owe him!

Raider Ronnie 02-24-2007 04:47 PM

[QUOTE=BigFish;467343]Betcha at seasons end his numbers are worlds better than....dice-k.....and he is costing them $20,000,000 a season!:doh:

WRONG !!!
I'd bet he does a stint or 2 on the dl this season , again !

BigFish 02-24-2007 04:51 PM

Schilling on the DL.....dice-k in AAA....whats the difference?:huh:

Big Dave 02-24-2007 06:12 PM

Theo is a smart busines man, Shill at 41 has had only one great year with the sox, 04, you have got to give it up for him that year no doubt.
He came into camp this year with a lot of excess weight, and looks out of shape. He is no Clemens, time has cought up with him.

But think of it this way, with Schill not having a contract extension in place. We all know, if he is really serious, and wants to to continue playing until he is 42-44 years old. He has this one last season with the sox to try and put up big numbers for his own worth. If he does, thats great, both he and the sox benifit. Sox get the one last good year out of him and some other club gets to spend huge on an old pitcher.

Raider Ronnie 02-24-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dave (Post 467369)
Theo is a smart busines man, Shill at 41 has had only one great year with the sox, 04, you have got to give it up for him that year no doubt.
He came into camp this year with a lot of excess weight, and looks out of shape. He is no Clemens, time has cought up with him.

But think of it this way, with Schill not having a contract extension in place. We all know, if he is really serious, and wants to to continue playing until he is 42-44 years old. He has this one last season with the sox to try and put up big numbers for his own worth. If he does, thats great, both he and the sox benifit. Sox get the one last good year out of him and some other club gets to spend huge on an old pitcher.

Theo IS VERY smart,
But not resigning Orlando Cabrea DUMB !!!

afterhours 02-25-2007 08:34 AM

schill will win 15+ this year era around 4. do ya think he rolled out of bed and lost it? last year 14 w era under 4- take the friggin' chance. it'll cost the sox 3-5 mil more in '08. and we do owe him a pass for '04- easy to forget 86 yrs.......

CAL 02-25-2007 08:45 AM

I say give him the money. It's not the like the guy is washed up. And with the price of pitching going throught the roof for just average guys, he would be a bargain at 13 mil.

Canalman 03-02-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 467349)
Schilling on the DL.....dice-k in AAA....whats the difference?:huh:

:laughs: Larry, I don't agree but that made me laugh :)... you're a regular Don King with those rhymes :bl: