Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Doesnt this strike anyone as ODD? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=39248)

UserRemoved1 03-15-2007 08:15 PM

Doesnt this strike anyone as ODD?

Iran President Ahmadinejad Plans Trip To New York City/UN next week; requests visas for more than 25 'security agents'... Iranians want to fly in private plane and leave a large group in the plane at JFK airport who will not pass through US customs...

Why would you want to leave a large contingent of people on a airplane like that...something stinks :hang:

afterhours 03-15-2007 08:30 PM

definately a BIG - WTF??? ummm- excuse me while i bring in 25 of my people who hate everything about you but your$$$ without any scrutiny....

ChiefLinesider 03-15-2007 08:31 PM

Meanwhile, Bush will be nowhere to be found.

spence 03-15-2007 08:39 PM

Well, it sounds like he's looking to avoid a manipulated US Customs news story :hee:

Although, the fact that he can travel to the USA and back without having his testicles removed should give the man at least a slight pause for some reflection.

-spence

Swimmer 03-15-2007 08:55 PM

Everyone on the plane will have diplomatic immunity I'm sure. We just wont let them carry thier guns in New York City, thats all.

Mike P 03-15-2007 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 474351)
Although, the fact that he can travel to the USA and back without having his testicles removed should give the man at least a slight pause for some reflection.

-spence

It should, but it won't. Guys like him see that as our weakness, not as our strength.

spence 03-15-2007 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 474359)
It should, but it won't. Guys like him see that as our weakness, not as our strength.

At times I wonder if we think that as well?

-spence

Raven 03-15-2007 09:20 PM

they need a security detail to keep the plane from being sabotaged.

UserRemoved1 03-16-2007 05:02 AM

See I think you guys missed what was really said here...25 people left ON the plane who will NOT go through customs.

WHY would you do that? Electronic eavesdropping, information gathering? Why would a "large group" of people need to fly across the ocean to sit on a plane? :huh: I dont get it...

Duke41 03-16-2007 06:44 AM

I am sure the US will have a few F-22's in the area for a quick missle up the tail pipe if those a-holes try anything.

afterhours 03-16-2007 07:30 AM

is there a GOOD reason to let this clown on our soil?.......isn't HIS gov't responseable for supplying weapons to the iraqi's to kill our soldiers and iraqi citizens..... this guy is a dirtbag...........i'm sure someONE here will defend him....

Raven 03-16-2007 07:47 AM

i'm sure the plane got scanned for nukes before it even got in ourspace.....
but thinkin about what duke41 said

makes me :drool:

pmueller 03-16-2007 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterhours (Post 474431)
is there a GOOD reason to let this clown on our soil?.......isn't HIS gov't responseable for supplying weapons to the iraqi's to kill our soldiers and iraqi citizens..... this guy is a dirtbag...........i'm sure someONE here will defend him....

Unfortunately, because we are the host nation of the UN, the visa is probably diplomatic in nature, all of them. ( or maybe sneak off few of the plane as spy's) I say we ship the UN out. If the converstations are truly that sensative, maybe they'ld meet somewhere else. Dunno. Thinking it all out, the disguise of diplomats seems likely.

fishpoopoo 03-16-2007 11:25 AM

an entourage of persian seat-warmers? belly dancers? :hee:

Mike P 03-16-2007 12:22 PM

I assume the plane is going to land at JFK, and that it'll sit out on the tarmac, away from the terminals, after His Excellency or whatever he calls himself is ferried off by a limo which drives up to the plane. I don't see what the 25 bozos sitting on the plane can see out of of a 12" x 6" window that they couldn't see from a terminal or other public area of the airport. I also further assume that some guys from the FBI will probably be hanging out around the plane, to provide 2-way security--keeping people away, and keeping this clown's entourage on the plane.

Commercial aircraft are pretty well insulated (after all, a lot of times the ambient air temp is less than -100* F at 35,000'). The noise coming out of an engine under full takeoff power can deafen you on the ground, but on the plane, even if you're sitting right next to the exhaust, you hardly hear it. I would imagine that electronic eavesdropping isn't going to get them much.

spence 03-16-2007 12:41 PM

He probably needs to extra security at the airport in Tehran...and knows that he's safe in NYC :hihi:

-spence

buckman 03-16-2007 05:29 PM

The Feds. know more then you think! It's no stroke of luck we have not been hit again. I don't think it's from lack of effort on the terrorist part. You have to give some credit where it's due, even if you don't appreciate it.

Swimmer 03-16-2007 05:56 PM

The larger the entourage the more important you feel. Just ask Michael Jackson. Maybe we could get Michael Jackson to move to Iran. That would freak them out.

Nebe 03-16-2007 06:43 PM

its probably psycological warfare. they probably want us to perseverate on what building they are going to fly into so they can go off and meet thier 26 virgins in paradise. :hs:

Skip N 03-16-2007 07:28 PM

Blow him and his plane up for all i care, no loss to the world if that happens. :rocketem:

Raven 03-16-2007 08:24 PM

Maybe we should grab a big island ....load it up with virgins and maroon one these guys there
for a few month's then talk to them.:devil:.... with no PMS pamprin....available :jester:

Backbeach Jake 03-17-2007 06:05 AM

On the other side of this coin, I'd bet Bush has a bigger possee left aboard AF1 when he travels.:bgi: