Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Sports Talk - Title Town (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Sox Talk (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=43214)

Bigcat 08-27-2007 05:02 AM

Sox Talk

Great weekend in Chicago, the pitching was great and this was the first time all the bats came alive.
Kieilty was a great pick up,Nancy Drew might have gotten a wake up call,he hit his first homer in sixty something games.
All is well in the Nation

BigFish 08-27-2007 05:10 AM

Seems players named "Drew" should not play in New England! Him and Lugo are the only 2 players who have not....."Come around" all season! They should go!

ThomCat 08-27-2007 05:28 AM

:rotflmao: I'm not the the kinda guy who tends to say I told ya so but if I was..........:grins:

BigFish 08-27-2007 05:42 AM

Thom.....its not September yet.....plenty of time to fall apart! Nothing I would like to see more than the Sox take the division and see the Yanks miss out on the wildcard spot.......but I will not count the Yanks out yet!

afterhours 08-27-2007 05:52 AM

hey larry if the sox win 1 more game - i win our bet :cheers: you know the .500 ball for the season...

ThomCat 08-27-2007 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 520005)
Thom.....its not September yet.....plenty of time to fall apart! Nothing I would like to see more than the Sox take the division and see the Yanks miss out on the wildcard spot.......but I will not count the Yanks out yet!

:wiggle: Come on BF!!!! You're talkin' like the kinda guy who when asked if the glass is half empty or half full replies "The F#*^KIN' thing just exploded and I caught 11 projectile shards of glass right in the throat among other very sensitive places!!!!!":splat:Relax, man, have faith, NO WORRIES:rotfl: :hf1: :laughs: :bl:

BigFish 08-27-2007 03:05 PM

I am not a fair weather fan.....I call them as I see them! It will be a dog-fight to the end make no mistake....and I will be rooting for the Sox all the way! I do not flip flop on my opinion......the Sox will not win the division by 13.5 games as many had speculated in mid-May! I am very much a realist......do not poke the sleeping giant (Yankees) because just when you think they are asleep, they will awake!

The Dad Fisherman 08-27-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 520182)
the Sox will not win the division by 13.5 games as many had speculated in mid-May!

I still stand by my claim that when the dust settles at the end of the season the Sox will have a double-digit lead in the Division.

BigFish 08-27-2007 05:53 PM

As I said....rooting for the Sox.....fear Yankees! And YES...1978!

Squid kids Dad 08-27-2007 06:43 PM

y'all gotta have faith...BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!