Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Sports Talk - Title Town (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   BEAT LA (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=49476)

partsjay 05-30-2008 11:23 PM

BEAT LA

I am ready for this....GO CELTS!

BigFish 05-31-2008 07:58 AM

Great game! Nice to see Mr. Allen and Mr. Pierce at the top of their game again!:kewl: GO CELTS!

ProfessorM 05-31-2008 06:37 PM

should be very entertaining and challenging, just like the old days. Look forward to Phil being denied his one up on Mr. Red A.

BassDawg 06-01-2008 08:30 AM

YUP!!!

one step closer to.............

SEVENTEEN

:jump: :jump: :jump:

Van 06-01-2008 10:01 PM

Now that they figured out how to win away games, it looks good.

One can only hope.....
GO CELTS !!!!!!!!!!!

Saltheart 06-02-2008 02:22 PM

If Allen stays hot they got it made. If he goes back to his average play , they will have problems.

Nice to have a guy elevate his game at a time when you need it.

the best part will be all the old Celtics / Lakers footage that will be aired as the series progresses. I was a big fan through the Russel , Cowens and Bird teams. this team is like the cowens team. Nobody a superstar like on the Rusel and Bird teams but just a team of very good guys who play well together. Its a team sport! I hope the Celtics win , I'm sick of hearing about Coby.

EarnedStripes44 06-02-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltheart (Post 594113)
If Allen stays hot they got it made. If he goes back to his average play , they will have problems.

Nice to have a guy elevate his game at a time when you need it.

the best part will be all the old Celtics / Lakers footage that will be aired as the series progresses. I was a big fan through the Russel , Cowens and Bird teams. this team is like the cowens team. Nobody a superstar like on the Rusel and Bird teams but just a team of very good guys who play well together. Its a team sport! I hope the Celtics win , I'm sick of hearing about Coby.

Right on about Allen. He has to show up!

luds 06-02-2008 05:41 PM

Looking forward to it but sure wish the games were on earlier. :eek:

fishsmith 06-02-2008 06:10 PM

Go Celtics!!!!!!!!

I don't like the 2-3-2 playoff schedule, kills the home court to quick, but the away games start at 9pm EST so that eases the pain.

No matter, this team has been great to watch, the Cavs and Pistons were for real, bring on LA and lets see what our defense can do to Koby and Co.

Go Celtics!!!!!!!!

EarnedStripes44 06-03-2008 09:54 AM

the playoff schedule sucks indeed!!!

Saltheart 06-04-2008 08:11 AM

Big show last night on ESPN. Showed the last celtics/lakers playoff game from 87. Boy the basketball then was 10 times better than now. Every guy on the floor was a star. Now teams are lucky to have one star.

Anyway , I enjoyed watching the rerun of that game. I had seen it live and it was cool to have the hindsight commentary while watching it. At the time , I knew the Celtics were hurt but didn't know every celtic was hurt and both Walton and Mckale actually had broken feet during that series.

Clogston29 06-04-2008 09:16 AM

that's because there was no salary cap back then. only 3 or 4 teams were any good and they had most of the best players. basketball was only good then if you were a fan of one of those good teams, or when 2 of those teams played if you just like to watch good basketball.

Clogston29 06-04-2008 09:18 AM

correction, there was a cap in '87, but it had only been in place for a couple years at that point and it had not yet accomplished its goal due to players being under contract.

american spirit 06-04-2008 01:03 PM

nba finals. excitement!! the 80's short shorts clips are funny to watch.

also disappointed about weekday games a 9:00. how's the working man supposed to watch. and how are kids supposed watch their favorite team play in the finals. that's rubbish.

fishbones 06-04-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_shocker (Post 594677)
nba finals. excitement!! the 80's short shorts clips are funny to watch.

also disappointed about weekday games a 9:00. how's the working man supposed to watch. and how are kids supposed watch their favorite team play in the finals. that's rubbish.

It's tough for the weeknight games to be any earlier because the people on the west coast are 3 hours behind. I'd be pissed if I was stuck at work or in the LA gridlock and the game was on. But, they could do the Sunday games earlier. I'm not sure why they don't do those games early so kids can watch.:huh:

I guess if the kids really wanted to watch, they could have their parents record the game. The problem with that is that they'll end up knowing who won before getting to see the game. Or, the game will still be going on when the DVR or Tivo stops recording. I was out fishing last year for game 4 of the WS and recorded the game. I got up in the morning and watched it, only to find out that my DVR stopped before the end of the game.:mad:

GO CELTICS