Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   fox news trashes canada (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=56142)

bssb 03-25-2009 01:12 PM

fox news trashes canada

keep it classy fox news. no wonder everyone around the world hates us. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuna2w2pgnM

RIJIMMY 03-25-2009 01:26 PM

This is not a news show, so dont damn fox news. its an ENTERTAINMENT show.
So if you are offended by this, I assume you are equally offended by John Stewart and Stephen Colbert?

JohnnyD 03-25-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 676592)
So if you are offended by this, I assume you are equally offended by John Stewart and Stephen Colbert?

The interesting thing about John Steward is that he consistently has valid points.

Stephen Colbert is just damn funny.

RIJIMMY 03-25-2009 01:33 PM

colberts points are good too.
stewarts a little too in the tank for O which detracts from the humor.
this fox show just plain sucks. but the "panel" is made up of comedians, I can understand why the Canucks took offense, but I dont think its worse that other things I've seen and should be taken as lame comedy and nothing else.

JohnnyD 03-25-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 676594)
colberts points are good too.
stewarts a little too in the tank for O which detracts from the humor.
this fox show just plain sucks. but the "panel" is made up of comedians, I can understand why the Canucks took offense, but I dont think its worse that other things I've seen and should be taken as lame comedy and nothing else.

I agree with you. The show is awful. I watch a few minutes here and there when I can't sleep. Opinions of FoxNews aside, the only reason I can see for them to take offense is because of an impression by some that FNC only reports news. The folks in America Jr were probably shown the clip out of context and with the impression that the "reporters" are reputable. The show isn't really intended to be taken 100% seriously, but I guess that information was not disclosed to them, eh?

Raven 03-25-2009 01:43 PM

if they had some

choice Canadian weed :smokin:

they'd be saying that CANADA is totally awesome...

fishbones 03-25-2009 02:24 PM

Anyone with half a brain who watches the first 20 seconds of this will realize it's an attempt at being FUNNY. It's a parody.

Here's an idea. Let's not make fun of anyone so as not to offend the easily offended. Talk about the problems with political correctness.

Raven 03-25-2009 02:30 PM

the Problem is

we are running out of countries to visit as tourists where being kidnapped
for ransom is not a daily occurrence.

buckman 03-25-2009 02:46 PM

I think we have established in this forum that Obama is the only one that can use humor when it comes to sensitive subjects.

fishbones 03-25-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 676620)
I think we have established in this forum that Obama is the only one that can use humor when it comes to sensitive subjects.

When has he said anything humorous?

Seriously, does this mean that South Park should never be aired again? There's a show that picks on Canada more than any other.

spence 03-25-2009 05:31 PM

You guys do realize that The Daily Show with John Stewart is shown on Commedy Central...right?

-spence

detbuch 03-25-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bssb (Post 676588)
keep it classy fox news. no wonder everyone around the world hates us. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuna2w2pgnM

Actually, EVERYONE AROUND THE WORLD does not hate us. It is politically expedient to propogate that lie. And isn't it wonderful, magnanimous on our part, that Canadian "comedy" shows and comedians have made fun of the U.S. for years and no one here knows or cares? But one of our comedy shows returns the favor and we chastise OURSELVES. It seems that we must tip toe on egg shells and be politcally correct or else we'll be HATED. If you pay any attention to Canadian attitudes toward us, you'll certainly see a strain of smug SUPERIORITY.

bssb 03-25-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 676592)

for one, Stewart and Colbert are on a comedy channel doing comedy shows, where I expect to see something offensive. that's why I watch.
This was on a news station if I'm not mistaken. Secondly, Stewart and Colbert's comedy is usually much smarter. I don't see CNN or MSNBC going out of their way to insult one of our neighboring countries. Can anyone name a better neighbor that we could share our most expansive border with? seriously, why do I even try? :deadhorse:

bssb 03-25-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 676677)
Actually, EVERYONE AROUND THE WORLD does not hate us. It is politically expedient to propogate that lie. And isn't it wonderful, magnanimous on our part, that Canadian "comedy" shows and comedians have made fun of the U.S. for years and no one here knows or cares? But one of our comedy shows returns the favor and we chastise OURSELVES. It seems that we must tip toe on egg shells and be politcally correct or else we'll be HATED. If you pay any attention to Canadian attitudes toward us, you'll certainly see a strain of smug SUPERIORITY.

:huh:just curious, when I get to the words in all caps am I supposed to yell those out in my head or do you just have a sticky shift button?:cputin:

JohnR 03-26-2009 06:18 AM

That was in poor taste, though sadly there is a ring of truth to it. Canada has been helping in AFG and they have been underfunding their military for years. They may have to stand down to recoup.

Does anyone here really think American news outlets are doing anyone any good?

spence 03-26-2009 06:23 AM

I'm curious if anyone here has really watched the Red Eye show on FOX News...

It's basically a few snippy gay guys who make fun of everyone in the wee hours of the morning. I'm not sure what kind of a statement they're trying to make, it's completely out of place on the FOX News channel to be honest.

Sometimes it's witty, sometimes it's stupid.

It is much better than that awful parady show they had on last year on Sunday nights I believe that was supposed to mock Liberals. That show was just BAD in all regards and was way below what's supposed to be a source of news.

I'd rather watch Huck slap out a little "Three Note Rock" on his four string.

-spence

Raven 03-26-2009 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 676750)
That was in poor taste,

i think Bashing the military in any form is in POOR taste

i don't care if it's the british or the Canadians.

detbuch 03-26-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bssb (Post 676726)
:huh:just curious, when I get to the words in all caps am I supposed to yell those out in my head or do you just have a sticky shift button?:cputin:

On re-reading my post, I have to agree that the caps were not needed.